|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
(a) Nazi Germany.
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XVII.
(d) Louis XIV.
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's choice only.
(b) A man's life.
(c) A man's actions and choices.
(d) A man's actions only.
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
4. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)