|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
2. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self affliction.
(b) Power lust.
(c) Power planning.
(d) Self preservation.
3. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) A reward.
(b) Public recognition.
(c) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
(d) One's happiness.
4. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) The Korean Conflict.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) World War I.
5. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the act of conceding one's own reason in favor of another's, one commits an act of ______________.
2. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
4. According to Rand, a person who does not attempt to define what is right or wrong in a given situation, and acts as a mixture of the two is morally what?
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)