|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(b) Rational thought.
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(b) Morality and mysticism.
3. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
4. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power lust.
(b) Self affliction.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Power planning.
5. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
2. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
3. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
4. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
5. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)