|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(a) Louis XVII.
(c) Louis XIV.
3. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
(b) Common ground.
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely correct.
(b) That it is faulty.
(c) That it is absolutely incorrect.
(d) That is needs to be proven.
5. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(c) The United States.
(d) The United Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
3. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
4. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
5. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)