|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what are ideas of mysticism and morality based upon?
2. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
(a) Self interest.
3. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
4. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(c) The United States.
(d) Nazi Germany.
5. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That selfishness is the right way.
(b) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(c) That everyone is selfish.
(d) That not all people are selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
5. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)