|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
(a) That it is absolutely correct.
(b) That is needs to be proven.
(c) That it is faulty.
(d) That it is absolutely incorrect.
2. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
(d) Public Recognition.
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
(a) Morality and mysticism.
5. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
2. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
3. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
4. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
5. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)