|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
3. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
4. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(c) Too religious.
5. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
(d) Self amorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
5. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)