|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The United States.
2. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That everyone is selfish.
(b) That selfishness is the right way.
(c) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(d) That not all people are selfish.
3. According to "Isn't Everyone Selfish?", one must ask which question about the desired action?
4. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
5. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
(a) The Journal of Behavioral Psychology.
(b) The Objectivist Newsletter.
(c) The Objectivist Quarterly.
(d) The Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of the objectivist?
2. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
3. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
4. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
5. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)