|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) The United States.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(d) Nazi Germany.
2. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
3. In what year was "The Ethics of Emergencies" written?
4. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(c) Rational thought.
5. What book did Rand write to illustrate her objectivist views by setting up a scenario where the characters protest against collectivist ideals?
(a) Total Freedom.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) The Virtue of Selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the altruist perspective, saving the life of a stranger is equivalent to saving the life of _________.
2. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
3. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
5. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)