|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
(a) A man's life.
(b) A man's actions and choices.
(c) A man's choice only.
(d) A man's actions only.
4. Which country established a socialist system by force?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The United States.
5. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Life, death.
(b) Health, illness.
(c) Happiness, sadness.
(d) Morality, mysticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. According to Rand, what are the notions of altruist thought perpetuated by?
3. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
4. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
5. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)