|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
2. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
3. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
4. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
5. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean Conflict.
(d) The Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
2. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
3. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
4. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
5. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)