|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
2. On what principle is a person who steals something they want acting on?
(a) Rational thought.
3. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
4. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
5. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(b) Too religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
2. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
3. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
5. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)