|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which major historical event ended just two decades before the essay, "The Monument Builders" was written?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean Conflict.
(d) The Cold War.
2. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
3. Rand states that the alleged goal of socialism was to end ________.
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) A reward.
(b) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
(c) Public recognition.
(d) One's happiness.
5. Which of the following is not included in the hierarchy Rand gives in the objectivist evaluation of committing an act of good will?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
2. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
3. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
4. According to Branden, what do values in the context of ethics guide?
5. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)