|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
2. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
3. Which monarch erected the palace of Versailles, as stated in Rand's essay "The Monument Builders?"
(c) Louis XIV.
(d) Louis XVII.
4. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
5. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
2. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
3. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
4. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
5. According to Rand, what is the vessel in which the government seizes property and goods of the individual?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)