|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
2. What country is Ayn Rand originally from?
(a) The United States.
(b) The United Kingdom.
3. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Power planning.
(b) Power lust.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Self affliction.
4. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
5. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Health, illness.
(b) Happiness, sadness.
(c) Morality, mysticism.
(d) Life, death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Rand does not support altruistic belief, she does not ______against it.
2. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
3. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
4. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
5. Which of the following areas is Nathaniel Branden's area of expertise?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)