|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
2. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
3. What concept is mentioned once in the book that according to Rand, largely influences collectivist, Western thought?
4. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
5. What is a person considered to be who attempts to find the morally good in a given situation but acts incorrectly by honest mistake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
2. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
3. Which country established a socialist system by force?
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)