|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
(b) One's happiness.
(c) Public recognition.
(d) A reward.
2. Denying an individual his right to property is synonymous with denying him his right to _______.
3. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
4. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
(d) Too religious.
5. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country established a socialist system by force?
2. What does Rand claim about the existence of compromise?
3. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
4. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
5. Rand describes that socialism can be practiced totally or partially. Which country does she use as an example of a partial socialist government?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)