|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
(a) Self preservation.
(b) Self affliction.
(c) Power lust.
(d) Power planning.
2. To be selfish is not simply to act on the basis of a __________.
3. Rand clarifies her point about compromise when she asks the question about the compromise ______ and _______ along with the question of reason versus irrationality.
(a) Health, illness.
(b) Happiness, sadness.
(c) Morality, mysticism.
(d) Life, death.
4. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
(a) Achieved with.
(b) Different from.
(c) Synonymous with.
(d) Opposite of.
5. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
2. Finish this argument as Rand presents it: X is ___________; therefore, his argument is false.
3. In which year was the essay, "The Monument Builders," published?
4. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
5. In what year was "Atlas Shrugged" published?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)