|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence: In order to act in self interest, man must refuse to sacrifice a ________ value for a _______ one.
(a) Higher, lower.
(b) Lower, higher.
(c) Worse, better.
(d) Better, worse.
2. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
3. What year did Ayn Rand write the essay, "The Cult of Moral Grayness?"
4. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
5. What word does Rand use in "The Cult of Moral Grayness" to describe the common trend for people to believe there are not "blacks" and "whites," only grays?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
2. No one ever really sacrifices oneself because every direct action is motivated by a person's desire. What does Branden say about this statement?
3. Rand believes that altruism has destroyed the concept of authentic __________ among men.
4. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
5. Rand believes that because of altruism, what is the only reason people help others?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)