|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Flatter your prospective employer.
(b) Explain your competence.
(c) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(d) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
2. Which of the following is not included in the events of an emergency according to Rand's essay on "The Ethics of Emergencies"?
(a) Car accident.
3. Which German philosopher does Rand oppose within her own philosophical theory?
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
(a) Nothing, it should be a selfless act.
(b) Public recognition.
(c) A reward.
(d) One's happiness.
5. Which country established a socialist system by vote?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
2. Which term is defined as "a manifestation of helplessness, of self-loathing and of the desire for the unearned?"
3. Rand believes that the enactment of socialism has contributed to the _______ and destruction of individuals.
4. According to Rand, compromise is synonymous with relinquishing one's ____________.
5. In which publication did "The Virtue of Selfishness" first appear?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)