|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, "The Monument Builders," Ayn Rand (1962).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's monuments does Rand state have always been quite modest?
2. What is the enemy of Individualism according to Rand and the objectivist theory?
3. According to Rand, without these two things there can be no gray.
(a) Gray and white.
(b) Reason and rationality.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Reason and self-interest.
4. If a person saves a stranger from a burning building at the risk of their own life, then that person is acting upon which principles?
(d) Self interest.
5. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what does an act of good will require in the eyes of an altruist?
2. According to Rand, compromise is similar to what?
3. Rand states that the actually effect of socialism have been ________ the alleged goals.
4. From the objectivist perspective, what should the risk on committing an act of good will be proportionate to?
5. In which year was "Doesn't Life Require Compromise?" written?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)