|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Government Financing in a Free Society", Ayn Rand (1964).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Rand live in throughout her adulthood?
(a) The United States.
2. What basis are you acting on if you audition for a Broadway show, after wanting to become a singer, you are an extremely competent singer, and you have performed on stage before?
3. According to the principles of selfishness, what would be the correct route for convincing an employer that you are the proper candidate for a job?
(a) Only apply for a job in which you are extremely over-qualified.
(b) Tell the employer of your competitor's incompetence.
(c) Flatter your prospective employer.
(d) Explain your competence.
4. What method does Rand give for implementing her government financing plan?
(b) Taxation of those who make more than a specified amount.
(d) Lottery basis.
5. What notion does Branden attempt to refute in his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish"?
(a) That selfishness is cruel and wrong.
(b) That selfishness is the right way.
(c) That not all people are selfish.
(d) That everyone is selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Nathaniel Branden write his essay, "Isn't Everyone Selfish?"
2. According to Branden, which word is intellectually confused with "selfishness?"
3. What basis are you acting on If you audition for a Broadway show, you are a poor singer, but you have always have wanted to sing?
4. Rand does not believe in public projects because the public project does not benefit whom?
5. According to Nathaniel Branden, what word is intellectually confused with "self-sacrifice?"
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)