Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
2. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
2. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
3. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
4. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
5. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
6. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
7. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
9. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
10. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
Discuss the author's portrayal of various cultural traditions in the play and analyze the impact they have on women. What impact do the traditions discussed in "Crooked Braid" and "Under the Burqa" have on the women subjected to follow them because of the culture they live in?
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)