|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
2. What does the author say triggered change in the view of women across the world?
3. What does the speaker of "My Vagina was a Village" describe her vagina as before the war?
4. What does the author say the root causes of violence against women are, in the Introduction?
5. How does the speaker of "The Vagina Monologue" describe her first real orgasm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
2. How does the author describe the affects of being raped as a child?
3. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
4. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
5. How is the woman's dream about a flood described in her monologue?
6. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
7. How is menstruation discussed in "I Was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
8. What conclusion does the woman who is made to shave her private parts come to regarding the purpose of genital hair in "Hair"?
9. How were orgasmic women in the 19th century treated, according to the "Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets"?
10. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's portrayal of rape in the book. What role might the author's own experience with rape have on the way it is addressed in the play?
Essay Topic 2
The author makes use of the literary technique of juxtaposition to better exemplify the variety of ways the vagina is viewed. Discuss a specific instance where juxtaposition occurred and what purpose the author had for creating such an obvious contrast within her text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)