Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
2. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
2. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
3. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
4. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
5. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
6. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
7. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
9. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
10. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of the "Vagina Fact" in the book. What information might the author be trying to distribute to the reader through these facts and the Vagina Facts throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's portrayal of war in the play and the impact it has on the characters discussed in the monologues. What impact does the war have on the women living in the regions where the war was going on, according to the author's portrayal of the Bosnian war victims in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the portrayal of men and women in the book. What might we be able to learn about the author's opinions of men based on their portrayal in the book; how do men create violence for women?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)