|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
2. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
2. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
3. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
4. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
5. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
6. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
7. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
9. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
10. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
Essay Topic 1
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role menstruation plays in the book. What place does menstruation have in the creation of the female identity, according to the monologue "When I was Twelve My Mother Slapped me"?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's portrayal of war in the play and the impact it has on the characters discussed in the monologues. What impact does the war have on the women living in the regions where the war was going on, according to the author's portrayal of the Bosnian war victims in the book?
This section contains 1,698 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)