|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was the older woman that the speaker from "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" had her first lesbian affair with?
(d) Her age.
2. What year was the first V-Day presentation held?
3. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
(a) High schools.
(b) Government officials.
(c) College campuses.
(d) Women's rights groups.
4. What does the speaker of "I Was there in the room" say is the reason for the human organ's similarity to the vagina?
(a) Its part of the body.
(b) It can open itself to life.
(c) Its connected to the mind.
(d) Its a part of the soul.
5. What human organ does the author find comparison to the vagina in "I Was there in the Room"?
(a) The heart.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The brain.
(d) The lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the monologue that discusses birth?
2. Who does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" get accused of flirting with after being beaten by her husband?
3. What does the author say that she realized lesbians did differently that she realized after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
5. Complete the following sentence by the author discussing female victims of violence, "women were totally at risk, where they had been raped or murdered or dismissed or simply not allowed to ______".
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the authors describe the original creation of V-Day by Eve Ensler in the monologue "In the Beginning"?
2. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
3. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
4. How are the spotlight campaigns described in "V-World"?
5. What role did college campuses have in furthering the V-Day movement?
6. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
7. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
8. How is the prostitute's work described in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
9. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
10. How does a woman attempt to shame her husband in "Crooked Braid"?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)