|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
2. What would often happen during live presentations of The Vagina Monologues according to "Pushing the Edge"?
(a) They were altered.
(b) They were publicized.
(c) They were shut down.
(d) They were moved.
3. How much money did the first V-Day presentation earn?
4. What is the name of the monologue that discusses birth?
(a) "I Was there in the Room".
(b) "Crooked Braid".
(c) "My Vagina was a Village".
(d) "My Angry Vagina".
5. How would the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" be described?
(a) An English woman.
(b) An African woman.
(c) A German woman.
(d) A Southern woman of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "I Was there in the room" say is the reason for the human organ's similarity to the vagina?
2. Whose friend does the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" say raped her as a young girl?
3. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
4. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
5. What does the author comment that the woman who the monologue "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" was based on feels about her portrayal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the prostitute's work described in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
2. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her relationship with her vagina?
3. How does the author address spousal violence in "Islamabad"?
4. What does the author say the word home meant to the homeless women discussed in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
5. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
6. How do the authors describe the original creation of V-Day by Eve Ensler in the monologue "In the Beginning"?
7. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
8. Describe the plight the transgendered woman faced in "They Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so they Tried".
9. Describe the speaker's dissection of the word cunt in the play.
10. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)