|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as the most successful tool for fund-raising and raising awareness for V-Day?
(a) Individual contributions.
(b) Campus organizations.
(c) Presentation of the Vagina Monologues.
(d) Government groups.
2. Complete the sentence of this statement in "Pushing the Edge" about V-Day, "Shatters taboos, lifts the veil of ______ from the issue of violence against women, and pushes the edge".
3. Whose comments are included in "V-Voices: Testimonials and Thoughts from the Worldwide Network"?
(a) People who participated in presenting the Vagina Monologues.
(b) Rape victims.
(d) Fans of the play.
4. How many brain surgeries does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" have to get after one particularly bad beating by her husband?
5. As what race would the characters in "Crooked Braid" be classified?
(b) American Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she used to suppress before embracing her true self?
2. Who does the author say she found in the words of the prostitute in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. What kind of events were described as multi-week events to raise awareness of and advocate an end to violence against women?
4. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
5. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the authors describe the original creation of V-Day by Eve Ensler in the monologue "In the Beginning"?
2. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
4. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her relationship with her vagina?
5. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
6. How are the spotlight campaigns described in "V-World"?
7. How does the prostitute describe female moaning in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
9. How does the speaker in "The Vulva Club" describe naming her vagina?
10. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)