|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
2. What kind of events were described as multi-week events to raise awareness of and advocate an end to violence against women?
3. What country are the "comfort women" discussed in "Say It" from?
(d) United States.
4. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
(a) That it was maddening.
(b) That is was sad.
(c) That it was fun.
(d) That it was difficult.
5. How many cents of every dollar are donated towards programming in the V-Day foundation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the monologue that describes an abused woman in a foreign country?
2. What does the author say that she realized lesbians did differently that she realized after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. Complete the sentence of this statement in "Pushing the Edge" about V-Day, "Shatters taboos, lifts the veil of ______ from the issue of violence against women, and pushes the edge".
4. Who does the author discuss the birth of in the book?
5. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she used to suppress before embracing her true self?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the expansion of V-Day described in "The V-Day Model Expands"?
2. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
3. How does the author address spousal violence in "Islamabad"?
4. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
5. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
6. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her relationship with her vagina?
7. Describe the speaker's dissection of the word cunt in the play.
8. What does the lesbian that is in the second interview in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say about vaginas?
9. Describe the plight the transgendered woman faced in "They Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so they Tried".
10. What does the Center for Reproductive Law and Policy tell us about genital mutilation?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)