|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence of this statement in "Pushing the Edge" about V-Day, "Shatters taboos, lifts the veil of ______ from the issue of violence against women, and pushes the edge".
2. Which of the following words was not used to describe the first lesbian experience of the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
3. What kind of detail could describe the speaker's list at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she used to suppress before embracing her true self?
(a) Her moaning.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her vagina.
5. Complete the sentence from the monologue "Islamabad", "Inside this monstrous mask, inside the death of her esteem, inside his wish to maker her _______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
2. Who is the letter from that is shown in the introduction to "The Vulva Club"?
3. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
4. What is the name of the monologue that describes how the V-Day movement began?
5. What profession does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say the word home meant to the homeless women discussed in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
2. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
3. What does the lesbian that is in the second interview in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say about vaginas?
4. Describe the nature of the "Spotlight Monologues".
5. What does the Center for Reproductive Law and Policy tell us about genital mutilation?
6. What does the author say about birth at the beginning of "I Was There In the Room"?
7. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
8. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her relationship with her vagina?
9. How does the author address spousal violence in "Islamabad"?
10. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)