|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" be described?
2. In what state was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(b) New York.
3. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Vagina Workshop" have?
4. What does a woman's boyfriend help her to do in regards to her vagina in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(a) Hurt it.
(b) Hate it.
(c) Disconnect with it.
(d) Accept and enjoy it.
5. What war does the author discuss in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Bosnian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ideals that the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" would like on a trip to the doctor's office?
2. What idea does the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop" want women to go towards?
3. What does a woman describe that her husband does not like about her in the first monologue of the play?
4. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say began to emerge from other women around her?
5. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
Short Essay Questions
1. How is menstruation discussed in "I Was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
2. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
3. What is the purpose of the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop"?
4. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
5. How does a woman say she came to accept and enjoy her vagina in "Because he liked to look at it"?
6. How does the narrator describe her first flood in the monologue of the same title?
7. How does a woman describe the hair around her vagina and its role in her relationship with her husband in the monologue "Hair"?
8. How does the author describe the way rape was used as a weapon of war in Bosnia?
9. What information does the statistic about African women teach us about genital mutilation?
10. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)