|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a woman claim her husband started "screwing around" in the first monologue of the play?
(a) She had children.
(b) She gained weight.
(c) She cheated on him.
(d) She didn't please him sexually.
2. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
3. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To prevent pregnancy.
(b) To cure masturbation.
(c) To punish women.
(d) To cure rape.
4. What kind of western religions does the author say recreates the shape of female organs in their architecture?
5. What does the author describe at the beginning of the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" that impacted her greatly?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) A statistic.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workshop participants in "The Vagina Workshop" try to become with their vaginas?
2. What sign does the speaker of "The Flood" say she wishes she could hang on her privates?
3. What is the name of the speaker's boyfriend in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
4. What reaction very rarely occurs in the reactions shared in "...My Mother Slapped Me"?
5. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the author's discussion of the vagina at the beginning of the Preface?
2. Why does the author believe simply having a vagina makes someone a target for violence?
3. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
4. How was the last clitoridectomy performed in the United States described in the book?
5. How are the original stage presentations of the Vagina Monologue described, after it was first written?
6. How does a woman describe the hair around her vagina and its role in her relationship with her husband in the monologue "Hair"?
7. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
8. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
9. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
10. How were orgasmic women in the 19th century treated, according to the "Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets"?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)