|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the procedure that removes the clitoris?
2. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(a) Little boats and sea animals.
3. What war does the author discuss in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Bosnian War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Korean War.
4. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Times-Picayune.
(b) THe Boston Globe.
(c) The Chicago Tribute.
(d) The New York Times.
5. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
2. What sign does the speaker of "The Flood" say she wishes she could hang on her privates?
3. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
4. What does a woman's boyfriend help her to do in regards to her vagina in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
5. In what year does the investigation of witchcraft discussed in the vagina fact take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
2. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
3. How is menstruation discussed in "I Was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
4. How is the woman's dream about a flood described in her monologue?
5. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
6. How are the original stage presentations of the Vagina Monologue described, after it was first written?
7. How does the narrator describe her first flood in the monologue of the same title?
8. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
9. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
10. How was the last clitoridectomy performed in the United States described in the book?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)