|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the speaker's boyfriend in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
2. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
3. Complete the following sentence of the speaker from "My Vagina was a Village", "They invaded it, _______ it and burned it down".
4. What ratio of nerve fibers are found to be in the vagina compared to the penis?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Four times as many.
(c) Half as many.
(d) Twice as many.
5. Complete the sentence at the end of "My Angry Vagina" in regards to her vagina, "It wants....it wants _________".
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the woman described in the introduction to "The Flood" that had never seen her vagina?
2. What does the author say the root causes of violence against women are, in the Introduction?
3. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
4. What is the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
5. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
2. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
3. How does the author describe the way rape was used as a weapon of war in Bosnia?
4. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
5. What conclusion does the woman who is made to shave her private parts come to regarding the purpose of genital hair in "Hair"?
6. Why does the author believe simply having a vagina makes someone a target for violence?
7. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
8. What does the author note at the end of the Preface regarding the monologues?
9. How does the narrator describe her first flood in the monologue of the same title?
10. How is the woman's dream about a flood described in her monologue?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)