|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop" want women to go towards?
(a) Becoming better women.
(b) Having sex with other women.
(c) Having an orgasm.
(d) Having sex with their husbands.
2. Who manipulates a woman into shaving her pubic hair in the first monologue of the play?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her gynocologist.
(d) Her husband.
3. What anniversary does the book celebrate for the Vagina Monologue's original publication?
4. In what century were orgasmic women said to have medical problems in the United States?
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(b) Little boats and sea animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author shocked to discover many rapes taking place in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
2. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
3. What does a woman's boyfriend help her to do in regards to her vagina in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
4. Why does a woman claim her husband started "screwing around" in the first monologue of the play?
5. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Woman: An Intimate Geography" describe the vagina?
2. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
3. Why does the author say she decided to write about the vagina in the introductions of the beginning of the play?
4. How does the author describe the way rape was used as a weapon of war in Bosnia?
5. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
6. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
7. What information does the statistic about African women teach us about genital mutilation?
8. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
9. How does the author describe the affects of being raped as a child?
10. How does the narrator describe her first flood in the monologue of the same title?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)