|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Chicago Tribute.
(b) The Times-Picayune.
(c) THe Boston Globe.
(d) The New York Times.
2. Where was the author shocked to discover many rapes taking place in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(b) The United States.
3. What does the investigator find to be evidence that a woman was a witch in the vagina fact?
(a) Her clitoris.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her vagina.
4. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
5. What sign does the speaker of "The Flood" say she wishes she could hang on her privates?
(a) "Keep Out".
(b) "Closed Due to Flooding".
(c) "No Entry".
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
2. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
5. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop"?
2. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
3. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
4. What information does the statistic about African women teach us about genital mutilation?
5. How are the original stage presentations of the Vagina Monologue described, after it was first written?
6. Why does the narrator of "My Angry Vagina" believe the approaches of those invading her vagina were all wrong?
7. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
8. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
9. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
10. How does Gloria Steinem describe the religious ties female genitalia has in India?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)