|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the speaker of "The Flood" first react about talking about "down there"?
2. What does the woman discussed in the introduction to "The Flood" do when she finally finds her clitoris?
3. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
(a) "I Was There in the Room".
(b) "My Angry Vagina".
(c) "Crooked Braid".
4. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(d) Odd looking.
5. What is the name of the speaker's boyfriend in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as "the leaf around the flower" in the book?
2. Who does the author call to make active transformations in the fight against violence towards women?
3. Who advises the woman in the introduction to "The Flood", who had never seen her vagina, to take time and find her clitoris?
4. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the author's discussion of the vagina at the beginning of the Preface?
2. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
3. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
4. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
5. How is the woman's dream about a flood described in her monologue?
6. How does Gloria Steinem describe the religious ties female genitalia has in India?
7. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
8. What conclusion does the woman who is made to shave her private parts come to regarding the purpose of genital hair in "Hair"?
9. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
10. What does the author share about the ties of female genitalia to witchcraft in one of the vagina facts?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)