Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
2. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
5. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(d) Little boats and sea animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author of the Forward travel to and discover much about female genitalia's power?
2. Whose activist spirit does the author of the Forward describe when discussing her sex organs?
3. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
4. What is the main subject matter of the monologue discussing a girl being slapped by her mother?
5. How would the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
2. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
3. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
4. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
5. What is the story of the 70-year-old woman described in "The Flood"?
6. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
7. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. How does the author describe V-Day activities in the introduction?
9. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
10. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)