|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" be described?
2. In what state was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(b) New York.
3. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
4. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
5. In what year was the last clitoris removal performed in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what type of venue was the Vagina Monologues originally written?
2. What kind of procedures were performed on orgasmic women who were deemed to have medical problems?
3. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say began to emerge from other women around her?
4. What does the author describe at the beginning of the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" that impacted her greatly?
5. What does the author say it is difficult for a woman to actually do in regards to her vagina in the opening comments before the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
2. How were orgasmic women in the 19th century treated, according to the "Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets"?
3. How does a woman describe the hair around her vagina and its role in her relationship with her husband in the monologue "Hair"?
4. How does the author describe a 'wild collective song' in "I was Twelve, My Mother Slapped Me"?
5. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
6. What is the purpose of the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop"?
7. How does Gloria Steinem describe the religious ties female genitalia has in India?
8. How does the author say she was inspired to interview female victims of war in "My Vagina was My Village"?
9. How does the author describe the way rape was used as a weapon of war in Bosnia?
10. How was the last clitoridectomy performed in the United States described in the book?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)