|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
(a) Early 20s.
(c) 60s and older.
2. What is described as a bundle of nerves in the book?
(a) The female body.
(b) The brain.
(c) The male body.
(d) The vagina.
3. How does the speaker of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her orgasms before the workshop?
4. What weapon of war does the author wish to raise awareness of in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
5. What does a woman describe that her husband does not like about her in the first monologue of the play?
(a) Her pubic hair.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her vagina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
2. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
3. Who is the noted feminist that writes in the Forward of the book?
4. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say her first experience with the flood made her do towards her vagina?
5. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the affects of being raped as a child?
2. Why does the author believe simply having a vagina makes someone a target for violence?
3. How are the original stage presentations of the Vagina Monologue described, after it was first written?
4. How was the last clitoridectomy performed in the United States described in the book?
5. How does the author describe the way rape was used as a weapon of war in Bosnia?
6. Why does the author say she decided to write about the vagina in the introductions of the beginning of the play?
7. How does a woman who suffered cancer react to the author in regards to her questions in "The Flood"?
8. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
9. How does a woman say she came to accept and enjoy her vagina in "Because he liked to look at it"?
10. How is the woman's dream about a flood described in her monologue?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)