|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say brought on her first experience with a flood?
(a) An intense kiss with a boy.
(b) Her first sexual experience.
(c) Her first period.
(d) Her first date.
2. What does the woman discussed in the introduction to "The Flood" do when she finally finds her clitoris?
3. What is described as "the leaf around the flower" in the book?
(a) The vagina.
(b) Pubic hair.
(c) The female form.
(d) The brain.
4. What region does the newspaper article used in one of the vagina facts say is most susceptible to genital mutilation in women?
(b) Eastern Europe.
5. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the second question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) Brave choice.
(b) Who are you.
(c) Find me.
(d) I'm here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workshop participants in "The Vagina Workshop" try to become with their vaginas?
2. In what century were orgasmic women said to have medical problems in the United States?
3. What is the name of the speaker's boyfriend in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
4. Where does the vagina fact quote from when discussing women's roles in the witch trials?
5. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gloria Steinem's discussion about female genitalia in the beginning of the Foreword.
2. How does the narrator describe her first flood in the monologue of the same title?
3. How are the original stage presentations of the Vagina Monologue described, after it was first written?
4. What does a woman claim her vagina wants at the end of "My Angry Vagina"?
5. What is the nature of the answers given to the question "If your vagina got dressed what would it wear"?
6. How were orgasmic women in the 19th century treated, according to the "Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets"?
7. What is the nature of the author's discussion of the vagina at the beginning of the Preface?
8. How does the narrator describe her vagina at the end of "My Vagina was My Village"?
9. What is the nature of the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop"?
10. How does the narrator of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her first deliberate orgasm?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)