|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
(b) Naming things.
2. What is the title of the monologue that describes an abused woman in a foreign country?
(a) "My Angry Vagina".
(b) "Crooked Braid".
3. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
(a) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
(b) The Women's Encyclopedia.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Boston Globe.
4. What kind of events were described as multi-week events to raise awareness of and advocate an end to violence against women?
5. Whose friend does the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" say raped her as a young girl?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her brother's.
6. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
(a) College campuses.
(b) Women's rights groups.
(c) High schools.
(d) Government officials.
7. How long does the speaker's husband in "Crooked Braid" leave home while his hair grows back?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
8. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
(a) February 2008.
(b) September 1980.
(c) March 1990.
(d) December 2000.
9. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
(b) The people moved by her public performances.
(c) Actors in the play.
(d) Other writers.
10. What is the heading used on the monologues paying tribute to women affected by violence?
(a) "The Memory of her Face".
(b) "Spotlight Memories".
(c) "Crooked Braid".
11. What does the author say was a scary word for the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
12. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) Labor Day.
13. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
(a) That it was maddening.
(b) That it was difficult.
(c) That it was fun.
(d) That is was sad.
14. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
15. What is the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) "If your vagina got dressed what would it wear".
(b) "What does a Vagina Smell Like".
(c) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
(d) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaigns are discussed in "V-World"?
2. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
3. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
4. Which of the following regions were not mentioned in the campaign discussed in "V-World"?
5. Who is the letter from that is shown in the introduction to "The Vulva Club"?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)