|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
2. Which of the following words does the author not use in regards to the V-Day Movement in "Spreading the Word"?
3. Who does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" get accused of flirting with after being beaten by her husband?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her boss.
4. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
5. Complete the sentence from the monologue "Islamabad", "Inside this monstrous mask, inside the death of her esteem, inside his wish to maker her _______".
6. How does the abused woman from another country become disfigured because of her husband?
(a) He burns her with fire.
(b) He throws acid on her face.
(c) He shaves her head.
(d) He beats her badly.
7. How old is the young girl that the author asks standard questions about the vagina?
8. How long does the speaker's husband in "Crooked Braid" leave home while his hair grows back?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) A year.
(d) 6 months.
9. How would the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" be described?
(a) A rape victim.
(b) A transgender.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
10. What is the name of the headpiece worn by Muslim women, discussed in the play?
11. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
(a) How to enter it.
(b) How to treat it.
(c) How to groom it.
(d) How to dress it.
12. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Women's Encyclopedia.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
13. Where has the process of transformation in women not begun, according to "V-World"?
(a) The Middle East.
14. What does the author find a connection between in the comments before "I Was There in the Room"?
(a) Brains and vaginas.
(b) Birth and hearts.
(c) Vaginas and birth.
(d) Hearts and minds.
15. How old was the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" when she had her first lesbian experience with an older woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
2. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. What does the author comment that the woman who the monologue "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" was based on feels about her portrayal?
4. Which of the following adjectives is not used when describing the thought of wearing a Muslim headpiece?
5. What year was the first V-Day presentation held?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)