|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first true home the women discussed the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" found?
(a) The streets.
(c) Homeless shelters.
2. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. How would the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" be described?
(a) A woman.
(b) A rape victim.
(c) A man.
(d) A transgender.
4. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
(a) March 1990.
(b) September 1980.
(c) February 2008.
(d) December 2000.
5. What does the author say that she realized lesbians did differently that she realized after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
(a) How they looked at trauma.
(b) How they looked at vaginas.
(c) How they looked at relationships.
(d) How they looked at women.
6. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
7. What does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" say came loose in her husband when they made love?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His mind.
(c) His hair.
(d) His personality.
8. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
(a) The Women's Encyclopedia.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
9. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
10. How much money did the first V-Day presentation earn?
11. What kind of campaigns are discussed in "V-World"?
12. Whose friend does the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" say raped her as a young girl?
(a) Her brother's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Her mother's.
13. What is the name of the monologue that discusses birth?
(a) "I Was there in the Room".
(b) "My Angry Vagina".
(c) "My Vagina was a Village".
(d) "Crooked Braid".
14. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a collection of as a child?
15. What does the author comment that the woman who the monologue "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" was based on feels about her portrayal?
(a) She feels objectified.
(b) She feels mad.
(c) She feels angry.
(d) She feels sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young girl that the author asks standard questions about the vagina?
2. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
3. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
4. What is the title of the monologue that makes tribute to the women raped and murdered every year?
5. What does the author find a connection between in the comments before "I Was There in the Room"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)