|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" say came loose in her husband when they made love?
(a) His mind.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His hair.
(d) His personality.
2. What is the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
(b) "If your vagina got dressed what would it wear".
(c) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
(d) "What does a Vagina Smell Like".
3. What type of women are examined in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
(d) Homeless women.
4. Whose friend does the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" say raped her as a young girl?
(a) Her brother's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
5. Who does the author say she found in the words of the prostitute in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
6. Whose comments are included in "V-Voices: Testimonials and Thoughts from the Worldwide Network"?
(a) Rape victims.
(b) Fans of the play.
(d) People who participated in presenting the Vagina Monologues.
7. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" believe moaning does?
8. How does the abused woman from another country become disfigured because of her husband?
(a) He burns her with fire.
(b) He beats her badly.
(c) He shaves her head.
(d) He throws acid on her face.
9. What is the name of the monologue that describes how the V-Day movement began?
(a) "Spreading the Word".
(b) "Pushing the Edge".
(c) "In the Beginning".
(d) "A Campus Movement".
10. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Participants in the play.
(b) Female victims of violence.
(c) Rape vitims.
(d) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
11. How old was the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" when she had her first lesbian experience with an older woman?
12. What kind of campaigns are discussed in "V-World"?
13. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
14. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
(a) The Women's Encyclopedia.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
15. What does the author say the woman based on the monologue "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" was able to find and escape her past?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) A friend.
(c) Falling in love with another woman.
(d) A new family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the boyfriend of the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" beaten up?
2. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
3. What is the name of the headpiece worn by Muslim women, discussed in the play?
4. Who does the author discuss the birth of in the book?
5. How much money did the first V-Day presentation earn?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)