|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say that she realized lesbians did differently that she realized after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
(a) How they looked at relationships.
(b) How they looked at women.
(c) How they looked at vaginas.
(d) How they looked at trauma.
2. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
3. What would often happen during live presentations of The Vagina Monologues according to "Pushing the Edge"?
(a) They were shut down.
(b) They were altered.
(c) They were publicized.
(d) They were moved.
4. How old was the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" when she had her first lesbian experience with an older woman?
5. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Women's Encyclopedia.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
6. Where has the process of transformation in women not begun, according to "V-World"?
(d) The Middle East.
7. Why was the boyfriend of the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" beaten up?
(a) For robbing a store.
(b) For dating a transgender.
(c) For standing up for his daughter.
(d) For raping a woman.
8. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
9. What profession does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" hold?
10. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
(a) September 1980.
(b) February 2008.
(c) March 1990.
(d) December 2000.
11. How does the abused woman from another country become disfigured because of her husband?
(a) He beats her badly.
(b) He burns her with fire.
(c) He throws acid on her face.
(d) He shaves her head.
12. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
(b) Rape vitims.
(c) Participants in the play.
(d) Female victims of violence.
13. What age was the older woman that the speaker from "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" had her first lesbian affair with?
(b) Her age.
14. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
(a) New York.
15. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
(a) Women's rights groups.
(b) High schools.
(c) Government officials.
(d) College campuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
2. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
5. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a collection of as a child?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)