|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" read a list of at the end of the monologue?
(a) Women's names.
(b) Men's names.
(d) Different types of moans.
2. What did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she appreciated and found in other women?
3. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Participants in the play.
(b) Female victims of violence.
(c) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
(d) Rape vitims.
4. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
(b) "Crooked Braid".
(d) "My Angry Vagina".
5. What kind of events were described as multi-week events to raise awareness of and advocate an end to violence against women?
6. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" name her vagina?
(b) Itsy Bitsy.
7. What is the heading used on the monologues paying tribute to women affected by violence?
(a) "Spotlight Memories".
(b) "The Memory of her Face".
(c) "Crooked Braid".
8. Who does the author discuss the birth of in the book?
(a) Her granddaughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her daughter.
9. What does the speaker of "I Was there in the room" say is the reason for the human organ's similarity to the vagina?
(a) Its connected to the mind.
(b) It can open itself to life.
(c) Its a part of the soul.
(d) Its part of the body.
10. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
11. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
12. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
(b) New York.
13. What does the author say that she realized lesbians did differently that she realized after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
(a) How they looked at women.
(b) How they looked at vaginas.
(c) How they looked at relationships.
(d) How they looked at trauma.
14. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
(a) March 1990.
(b) December 2000.
(c) September 1980.
(d) February 2008.
15. Where has the process of transformation in women not begun, according to "V-World"?
(d) The Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" used to hold before devoting her time to women?
2. How many brain surgeries does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" have to get after one particularly bad beating by her husband?
3. What kind of detail could describe the speaker's list at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
5. What is the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)