|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brain surgeries does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" have to get after one particularly bad beating by her husband?
2. What type of women are examined in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
(a) Homeless women.
3. Who does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" get accused of flirting with after being beaten by her husband?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What does the speaker of "I Was there in the room" say is the reason for the human organ's similarity to the vagina?
(a) Its part of the body.
(b) Its a part of the soul.
(c) It can open itself to life.
(d) Its connected to the mind.
5. What does the speaker of "Reclaiming Cunt" do to the word itself to renounce its vulgarity?
(a) Discuss it.
(b) Analyze it.
(c) Dissect it.
(d) Tear it apart.
6. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" name her vagina?
(c) Itsy Bitsy.
7. Complete the following sentence by the author discussing female victims of violence, "women were totally at risk, where they had been raped or murdered or dismissed or simply not allowed to ______".
8. Which of the following ways did the author not say women deserved in the monologue "Going Worldwide"?
9. Whose comments are included in "V-Voices: Testimonials and Thoughts from the Worldwide Network"?
(a) Rape victims.
(b) Fans of the play.
(d) People who participated in presenting the Vagina Monologues.
10. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
(b) Incest or rape.
(d) Verbal abuse.
11. As what race would the characters in "Crooked Braid" be classified?
(a) American Indian.
12. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
13. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
(b) Female victims of violence.
(c) Rape vitims.
(d) Participants in the play.
14. How would the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" be described?
(a) A German woman.
(b) A Southern woman of color.
(c) An African woman.
(d) An English woman.
15. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" hold?
2. What does the author say the woman based on the monologue "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" was able to find and escape her past?
3. Who does the author say she found in the words of the prostitute in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
5. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)