|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the monologue that makes tribute to the women raped and murdered every year?
(a) "The Vulva Club".
(b) "Spotlight Monologues".
(c) "My Angry Vagina".
(d) "My Vagina was a Village".
2. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
3. Which of the following adjectives is not used when describing the thought of wearing a Muslim headpiece?
4. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
5. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
6. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
(b) Naming things.
7. How many cents of every dollar are donated towards programming in the V-Day foundation?
8. Complete the sentence of this statement in "Pushing the Edge" about V-Day, "Shatters taboos, lifts the veil of ______ from the issue of violence against women, and pushes the edge".
9. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
(b) New York.
10. Which of the following words was not used to describe the first lesbian experience of the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
11. Which of the following ways did the author not say women deserved in the monologue "Going Worldwide"?
12. What kind of detail could describe the speaker's list at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
13. What does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" say came loose in her husband when they made love?
(a) His personality.
(b) His hair.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His mind.
14. What age was the older woman that the speaker from "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" had her first lesbian affair with?
(a) Her age.
15. What is the name of the headpiece worn by Muslim women, discussed in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is quoted in the play saying that many African communities are quietly putting an end to genital mutilation?
2. What profession did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" used to hold before devoting her time to women?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" name her vagina?
4. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
5. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)