|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
(d) New York.
2. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
3. Who does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" get accused of flirting with after being beaten by her husband?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What would often happen during live presentations of The Vagina Monologues according to "Pushing the Edge"?
(a) They were moved.
(b) They were publicized.
(c) They were altered.
(d) They were shut down.
5. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say is the main attraction she has for women?
(a) Their hair.
(b) The way they smell.
(c) Their looks.
(d) Their moaning.
6. What does the author find a connection between in the comments before "I Was There in the Room"?
(a) Hearts and minds.
(b) Birth and hearts.
(c) Vaginas and birth.
(d) Brains and vaginas.
7. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) Incest or rape.
9. What did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she appreciated and found in other women?
10. What is the name of the headpiece worn by Muslim women, discussed in the play?
11. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
12. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
(b) Labor Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
13. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Participants in the play.
(b) Rape vitims.
(c) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
(d) Female victims of violence.
14. What profession did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" used to hold before devoting her time to women?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A corporate lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
15. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the monologue that discusses birth?
2. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she used to suppress before embracing her true self?
3. What age was the older woman that the speaker from "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" had her first lesbian affair with?
4. Who does the author discuss the birth of in the book?
5. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)