|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
2. As what race would the characters in "Crooked Braid" be classified?
(a) American Indian.
3. Complete the sentence from the monologue "Islamabad", "Inside this monstrous mask, inside the death of her esteem, inside his wish to maker her _______".
4. What occupation does the woman describe as intensely passionate in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
(c) Massage therapist.
(d) Police officer.
5. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
(c) "My Angry Vagina".
(d) "Crooked Braid".
6. What kind of events were described as multi-week events to raise awareness of and advocate an end to violence against women?
7. Which of the following adjectives is not used when describing the thought of wearing a Muslim headpiece?
8. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
(a) Naming things.
9. What human organ does the author find comparison to the vagina in "I Was there in the Room"?
(a) The lungs.
(b) The heart.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The brain.
10. What is the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
(b) "If your vagina got dressed what would it wear".
(c) "What does a Vagina Smell Like".
(d) "If your vagina could talk what would it say".
11. How old was the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" when she had her first lesbian experience with an older woman?
12. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
13. What is the title of the monologue that describes an abused woman in a foreign country?
(a) "Crooked Braid".
(d) "My Angry Vagina".
14. What does the author find a connection between in the comments before "I Was There in the Room"?
(a) Brains and vaginas.
(b) Hearts and minds.
(c) Vaginas and birth.
(d) Birth and hearts.
15. What did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she appreciated and found in other women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
2. How does the abused woman from another country become disfigured because of her husband?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What is the heading used on the monologues paying tribute to women affected by violence?
5. Complete the following sentence by the author discussing female victims of violence, "women were totally at risk, where they had been raped or murdered or dismissed or simply not allowed to ______".
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)