|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the section "V-Day: Ten Years of Changing the Story of Women"?
(a) Founders and organizers of the V-Day Movement.
(b) Participants in the play.
(c) Female victims of violence.
(d) Rape vitims.
2. Who does the speaker of "Crooked Braid" get accused of flirting with after being beaten by her husband?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a collection of as a child?
4. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
(a) Women's rights groups.
(b) High schools.
(c) Government officials.
(d) College campuses.
5. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
(a) Labor Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
6. What did the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she appreciated and found in other women?
7. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. What is the title of the monologue that makes tribute to the women raped and murdered every year?
(a) "Spotlight Monologues".
(b) "My Vagina was a Village".
(c) "My Angry Vagina".
(d) "The Vulva Club".
9. What is the title of the monologue that describes an abused woman in a foreign country?
(a) "Crooked Braid".
(d) "My Angry Vagina".
10. What is described as the most successful tool for fund-raising and raising awareness for V-Day?
(a) Government groups.
(b) Campus organizations.
(c) Presentation of the Vagina Monologues.
(d) Individual contributions.
11. What year was the first V-Day presentation held?
12. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
13. Which of the following things is not mentioned as a positive value of the word cunt?
14. Whose friend does the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" say raped her as a young girl?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her brother's.
15. What is the name of the headpiece worn by Muslim women, discussed in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
2. Which of the following regions were not mentioned in the campaign discussed in "V-World"?
3. What human organ does the author find comparison to the vagina in "I Was there in the Room"?
4. What country are the "comfort women" discussed in "Say It" from?
5. Which of the following words was not used to describe the first lesbian experience of the speaker of "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)