Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
2. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
3. The situation encourages to seek what from the father?
4. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
5. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
Essay Topic 1
Bettelheim was a child psychologist that specialized in working with autistic children. Examine Bettelheim's career and involvement with autism. How would an autistic child view fairy tales differently than a non-autistic child? What parts of the fairy tale would have the greatest impact on the child?
Essay Topic 2
Although some cultures find little if any difference between myths, fables, fairy tales, and religious parables, the author points out the differences. Compare and contrast these types of stories and how they affect various cultures.
Essay Topic 3
Some parents are concerned that a child will become so intrigued with fairy tales that he will begin to believe in and dabble in the magic arts. Discuss the magic arts as they apply to fairy tales. What are magic arts? What might a child want to try? Is any one of the arts dangerous? How might it go against a family's structure or moral code? Have you ever dabbled in the magic arts? Explain. Which magic arts would be most commonly investigated by a curious child? What do you think would happen?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)