|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
2. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
3. The situation encourages to seek what from the father?
4. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
5. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the origins of fairy tales as presented in the book. When was the majority of the tales created? Where? By whom were the stories written? Was there one culture responsible for most or all of them? Explain. How can the origin be proven? Also explore the use of oral tradition in storytelling in various cultures and eras.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of altering and simplifying fairy tales. Who decided the standard by which the fairy tales should be changed? What were the moral and psychological requirements?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one fairy tale from the book and modernize it according to the previous method. You may add in elements rather than subtracting them, as long as they reflect modern society and are appropriate for a child. Explain and change and its intended effect.
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)