|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Homer and Plato.
(b) Aristotle and Plato.
(c) Socrates and Aristotle
(d) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
2. The child must resign the story so s/he can go where?
3. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
4. What is the original title of Jack and the Beanstalk?
(a) The Boy and the Magic Beans.
(b) The Ogre and the Beanstalk.
(c) Jack and the Golden Goose.
(d) Jack and His Bargains.
5. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
2. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
3. At what age does this period begin?
4. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
5. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)