|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
2. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic stick.
(b) Four gold coins.
(d) Magic beans.
3. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
4. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
5. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Queen Bee.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Fisherman and the Jinny.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. One character exhibits which of the following?
2. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
3. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
4. What time period is referred to in this section?
5. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)