|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
2. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(b) Four gold coins.
(c) Magic beans.
(d) Magic stick.
3. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
4. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
5. At what age do fairy tales begin to have real meaning for a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
2. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
3. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
4. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
5. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)