|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
2. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
(a) Being trapped in a castle.
(c) Being lost.
3. What is the underlying moral in this story?
(a) Avoid temptation.
4. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Magical elements.
(b) External forces.
(c) Internal conflicts.
(d) Maintaining faith.
5. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
2. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
3. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
4. A child is unable to understand _________________.
5. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)