|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Toxic and harmful.
(b) Too realistic.
(c) Confusing regarding values.
(d) Violent and frivolous.
2. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
3. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
4. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(b) Valuable learning experiences.
(c) A vivid imagination.
5. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(a) Supernatural powers.
(d) Everything scary.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
2. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
3. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
4. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
5. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)