|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) Sense of humanity.
(b) Sense of belonging.
(c) A skewed view of life.
(d) Inferiority complexes.
2. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
(a) Gods and goddesses.
(b) Talking animals.
(c) Religious figures.
(d) Strange creatures.
3. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
4. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(d) Mother Goose.
5. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Toxic and harmful.
(b) Violent and frivolous.
(c) Too realistic.
(d) Confusing regarding values.
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
2. A person's dreams are typically formed on what level?
3. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
4. What is not offered to the fisherman?
5. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)