|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(b) Homer and Plato.
(c) Socrates and Aristotle
(d) Aristotle and Plato.
2. Fairy tales also teach that one will be rewarded if one does not attempt to avoid what?
3. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Too realistic.
(b) Violent and frivolous.
(c) Toxic and harmful.
(d) Confusing regarding values.
4. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
5. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(b) Safe way home.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Three wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a person looks for the best in everything?
2. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
3. What might be used to express inner conflict?
4. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
5. A person's dreams are typically formed on what level?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)