|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks to the fisherman?
2. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
3. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
4. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Too realistic.
(b) Toxic and harmful.
(c) Violent and frivolous.
(d) Confusing regarding values.
5. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(b) A new boat.
(c) Safe way home.
(d) Three wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be used to express inner conflict?
2. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
3. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
4. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
5. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)