|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
2. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) A skewed view of life.
(b) Inferiority complexes.
(c) Sense of humanity.
(d) Sense of belonging.
3. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
4. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Religious parables.
5. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
Short Answer Questions
1. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
2. Who speaks to the fisherman?
3. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
4. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
5. What does the fisherman find in his net?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)