|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Red Riding Hood.
2. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) Inferiority complexes.
(b) Sense of humanity.
(c) A skewed view of life.
(d) Sense of belonging.
3. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
(a) Gods and goddesses.
(b) Talking animals.
(c) Religious figures.
(d) Strange creatures.
4. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(a) A vivid imagination.
(b) Valuable learning experiences.
5. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person's dreams are typically formed on what level?
2. Fairy tales also teach that one will be rewarded if one does not attempt to avoid what?
3. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
4. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
5. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)