|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
2. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(a) Supernatural powers.
(d) Everything scary.
3. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(b) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
4. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
(a) Talking animals.
(b) Gods and goddesses.
(c) Religious figures.
(d) Strange creatures.
5. What does the fisherman find in his net?
(a) Copper pot.
(c) Talking fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
2. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
3. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
4. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
5. What is it called when a person looks for the best in everything?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)