|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
(b) Oral tradition.
2. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
3. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(b) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
4. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
5. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
2. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
3. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
4. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
5. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)