|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Too realistic.
(b) Toxic and harmful.
(c) Violent and frivolous.
(d) Confusing regarding values.
2. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
3. What precious item is tied into the story?
4. Bettelheim refers to the tale of Cinderella as being ________________.
(a) Deeply complex.
(b) Overly dramatic.
(c) Dull and boring.
(d) Deceptively simple.
5. The dwarfs are designed to represent what?
(a) Father figure.
(c) Safe haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to the story, which is a child's biggest issue to overcome?
2. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
3. In what century was the story supposedly written?
4. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
5. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)