|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was Paterson?
2. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
3. When did embalming become common?
(a) World War I.
(b) The War of Independence.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
4. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
5. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
2. What style poem did Nugent write?
3. How many siblings did Lynch have?
4. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
5. How many words did Roberton's poem contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the priest insist on a simple funeral and burial service and why was Lynch unimpressed?
2. What did Lynch mean by "the poor cousin of fear is rage?"
3. How did Lynch handle being a father while serving as an undertaker and seeing dead children?
4. How does society generally view cemeteries, according to Lynch?
5. How did Lynch convey the sensuality of the preparation and eating of the artichoke?
6. What did Lynch consider the mark of a good faith leader?
7. What was Lynch's view of the notion that the corpse is just an empty shell?
8. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
9. How was Lynch helped by stopping his drinking?
10. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)