|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of church did Milo belong to?
2. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
3. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
4. In what month did Roberton's poem appear in the magazine?
5. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A trampoline.
(c) A BB gun.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
2. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
3. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
4. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
5. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
2. If the dead don't care, why did Lynch get up in the middle of the night to tend to the newly deceased?
3. How did Lynch try to maintain some of the old traditions after he fixed up the Irish cottage when Nora passed away?
4. Why did the Lynch brothers take care of their father's body rather than allow a local undertaker to do the job?
5. How does society generally view cemeteries, according to Lynch?
6. How was Lynch helped by stopping his drinking?
7. What did Lynch mean by "the poor cousin of fear is rage?"
8. How did Lynch "resolve" his feelings about the existence of God?
9. How did Lynch convey the sensuality of the preparation and eating of the artichoke?
10. What was Lynch's view of the notion that the corpse is just an empty shell?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)