|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
2. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. On what day was Milo buried?
4. In what year was St. Stephen martyred?
(a) 30 A.D.
(b) 40 A.D.
(c) 35 A.D.
(d) 45 A.D.
5. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
(a) Six to ten pounds.
(b) Twelve to fifteen pounds.
(c) Ten to twelve pounds.
(d) Four to seven pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
2. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
3. What style poem did Nugent write?
4. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
5. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch's mother and father differ in their reactions to the normal "threats" of childhood?
2. If the dead don't care, why did Lynch get up in the middle of the night to tend to the newly deceased?
3. What did Lynch mean when he stated that "one hand washes the other" in Chapter 1?
4. How did Lynch "resolve" his feelings about the existence of God?
5. How did the modern amenities (toilet, television, etc.) change life in the old Irish cottage?
6. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
7. How was Lynch helped by stopping his drinking?
8. How did Lynch feel about constantly taking Nugent's phone calls following the divorce?
9. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
10. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)