|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style poem did Nugent write?
(b) Free verse.
2. What Friday night TV show did Lynch mention when discussing his generation's approach to death?
(d) Wagon Train..
3. What brand of vehicle did Lynch refer to when discussing the power of advertising?
4. How many of Lynch's eight siblings are part of the funeral industry?
(c) All of them.
5. What did Lynch say was God's greatest gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day was Milo buried?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
3. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
4. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
5. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch feel about constantly taking Nugent's phone calls following the divorce?
2. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
3. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
4. What are the dangers of viewing the dead as an "embarrassment?"
5. Why did the undertakers at the conference seem intent of developing new language to explain what they did for a living?
6. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
7. How does society generally view cemeteries, according to Lynch?
8. What did Lynch mean when he stated that "one hand washes the other" in Chapter 1?
9. Of all the choices offered by Lynch to explain Stephanie's death, which one seemed to be the one he would choose?
10. If the dead don't care, why did Lynch get up in the middle of the night to tend to the newly deceased?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)