|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
2. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
3. What did Lynch's sisters plant at the base of the gravestone every spring?
4. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
5. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Seven percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Twelve percent.
(d) Ten percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
2. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
3. When did embalming become common?
4. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
5. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lynch helped by stopping his drinking?
2. Why was Henry Nugent unable to get relief from his heartbreak following his divorce?
3. Why do most people never pay attention to the figure Lynch called "The Big One"?
4. What did Lynch consider the mark of a good faith leader?
5. According to Lynch, why do people find it important to have bodies to bury?
6. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
7. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
8. How did Lynch convey the sensuality of the preparation and eating of the artichoke?
9. Why did the priest insist on a simple funeral and burial service and why was Lynch unimpressed?
10. What was Nora's reaction to her impending death?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)