|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was Milo buried?
2. What concept did the Second Vatican Council eliminate?
3. What was the surname on the stone that hit Stephanie?
4. In which state did the accident occur?
5. How old were the twins who drowned in the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
2. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
3. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
4. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
5. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch convey the sensuality of the preparation and eating of the artichoke?
2. If the dead don't care, why did Lynch get up in the middle of the night to tend to the newly deceased?
3. When and why did the regular practice of embalming begin?
4. Why was Henry Nugent unable to get relief from his heartbreak following his divorce?
5. How did Lynch describe the difference between chance and coincidence?
6. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
7. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
8. How did Lynch try to maintain some of the old traditions after he fixed up the Irish cottage when Nora passed away?
9. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
10. Why did Lynch say some cultural groups (immigrant Irish, Diaspora Jews, African-Americans) actually"enjoy" funerals?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)