|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time did Mil Hornsby's wife call to announce his death?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. In what year was St. Stephen martyred?
(a) 45 A.D.
(b) 35 A.D.
(c) 40 A.D.
(d) 30 A.D.
3. In which state did the accident occur?
4. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
5. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Irish town were Lynch and Don Paterson discussing Thomas Crapper?
2. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
3. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
4. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
5. Where did they conduct this conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lynch's view of the notion that the corpse is just an empty shell?
2. What did Lynch consider the mark of a good faith leader?
3. When and why did the regular practice of embalming begin?
4. How did Lynch feel about constantly taking Nugent's phone calls following the divorce?
5. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
6. What are the unique problems faced by undertakers trying to "advertise" their services?
7. How does society generally view cemeteries, according to Lynch?
8. What are the dangers of viewing the dead as an "embarrassment?"
9. Why did Nugent have several relationships following his divorce and did they help him find love?
10. Why did Lynch say some cultural groups (immigrant Irish, Diaspora Jews, African-Americans) actually"enjoy" funerals?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)