|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
2. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(a) Homo Sapien.
3. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(d) Heart bypass.
4. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Twelve percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Seven percent.
5. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
2. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
3. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
4. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
5. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have more and more Americans opted for cremation, according to Lynch?
2. How did Lynch describe the difference between chance and coincidence?
3. Why did the priest insist on a simple funeral and burial service and why was Lynch unimpressed?
4. How do Lynch and his wife differ in their views of Milford as they walk through town in Chapter 7?
5. What did Lynch want from his funeral, when all was said and done?
6. Why did the Lynch brothers take care of their father's body rather than allow a local undertaker to do the job?
7. How does Sweeney approach the consuming of food delicacies?
8. How does Lynch view a world in which certain deaths are acceptable (abortion, war, capital punishment)?
9. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
10. In what fundamental ways did the flush toilet change human civilization?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)