|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
2. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
3. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
4. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
5. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
2. What Christian writer did Lynch's mother frequently read?
3. In what Irish town were Lynch and Don Paterson discussing Thomas Crapper?
4. Where did Milo die?
5. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why did the regular practice of embalming begin?
2. Why was Henry Nugent unable to get relief from his heartbreak following his divorce?
3. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
4. What did Lynch mean by "the poor cousin of fear is rage?"
5. What are the unique problems faced by undertakers trying to "advertise" their services?
6. Why did the priest insist on a simple funeral and burial service and why was Lynch unimpressed?
7. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
8. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
9. How did Lynch describe the difference between chance and coincidence?
10. Why did the undertakers at the conference seem intent of developing new language to explain what they did for a living?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)