|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
(a) Arizona and New Mexico.
(b) Florida and New Mexico.
(c) Florida and North Carolina.
(d) Florida and Arizona.
2. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
3. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(a) Heart bypass.
4. How many of Lynch's eight siblings are part of the funeral industry?
(d) All of them.
5. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
2. In what era did Gladstone live?
3. How old was the boy whose mother strangled him with a belt?
4. What did Lynch's sisters plant at the base of the gravestone every spring?
5. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
2. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
3. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
4. What did Lynch mean when he stated that "one hand washes the other" in Chapter 1?
5. What was Lynch's view of the notion that the corpse is just an empty shell?
6. How did Lynch feel about constantly taking Nugent's phone calls following the divorce?
7. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
8. How was Lynch helped by stopping his drinking?
9. Why did Lynch say some cultural groups (immigrant Irish, Diaspora Jews, African-Americans) actually"enjoy" funerals?
10. In what fundamental ways did the flush toilet change human civilization?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)