|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
(b) Wolfe Tone.
2. How many years of marriage did Nugent's poem refer to?
3. What did Lynch say was God's greatest gift?
4. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
5. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy whose mother strangled him with a belt?
2. When did embalming become common?
3. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
4. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
5. On what day was Milo buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lynch lament about the modern homes Americans live in?
2. How did the modern amenities (toilet, television, etc.) change life in the old Irish cottage?
3. Why did Nugent have several relationships following his divorce and did they help him find love?
4. Of all the choices offered by Lynch to explain Stephanie's death, which one seemed to be the one he would choose?
5. How did Lynch handle being a father while serving as an undertaker and seeing dead children?
6. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
7. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
8. How did Lynch's mother and father differ in their reactions to the normal "threats" of childhood?
9. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
10. According to Lynch, why do people find it important to have bodies to bury?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)