|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings did Lynch have?
2. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) Joan Didion.
(b) Jessica Mitford.
(c) Somerset Waugh.
(d) James Agee.
3. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Burger King.
4. How did Milo die?
(b) Unspecified illness.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart failure.
5. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
2. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
3. How much did the signet ring cost?
4. In what social organization was Milo a leader?
5. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
2. Why did Lynch enjoy not having access to indoor plumbing when he first visited his cousins in Ireland?
3. According to Lynch, why do people find it important to have bodies to bury?
4. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
5. How did Lynch "resolve" his feelings about the existence of God?
6. If the dead don't care, why did Lynch get up in the middle of the night to tend to the newly deceased?
7. What are the dangers of viewing the dead as an "embarrassment?"
8. In what fundamental ways did the flush toilet change human civilization?
9. What did Lynch lament about the modern homes Americans live in?
10. What did Lynch consider the mark of a good faith leader?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)