|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state did the accident occur?
2. In what month did Roberton's poem appear in the magazine?
3. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
4. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A trampoline.
(c) A BB gun.
(d) A swimming pool.
5. What disease did Lynch's father have outbreaks of?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Rheumatoid arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Mil Hornsby's wife call to announce his death?
2. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
3. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
4. In what social organization was Milo a leader?
5. How long had Lynch's parents been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statement does a casket, versus a simple coffin, make?
2. Of all the choices offered by Lynch to explain Stephanie's death, which one seemed to be the one he would choose?
3. Why do people feel the need to memorialize the dead?
4. What perspective did Lynch reach on the night his mother was buried?
5. What characteristic of "successful" suicides did Lynch say he admired?
6. How does Lynch view the current state of debate over abortion?
7. Why did Janet Adkins ask Jack Kevorkian to assist in her suicide?
8. How did Lynch convey the sensuality of the preparation and eating of the artichoke?
9. Describe Lynch's grandmothers.
10. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)