|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
2. How old were the twins who drowned in the river?
3. How did Milo die?
(a) Unspecified illness.
(b) Heart failure.
(d) Car accident.
4. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
5. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Twelve percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Seven percent.
(d) Five percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was Robertson's poem about?
2. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
3. What kind of church did Milo belong to?
4. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What did Lynch hope to do if he attended any part of the undertakers conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lynch's mother and father differ in their reactions to the normal "threats" of childhood?
2. Why did the Lynch brothers take care of their father's body rather than allow a local undertaker to do the job?
3. How did Lynch handle being a father while serving as an undertaker and seeing dead children?
4. How did Lynch "resolve" his feelings about the existence of God?
5. What did Lynch lament about the modern homes Americans live in?
6. According to Lynch, why do people find it important to have bodies to bury?
7. Did Lynch profess to a certain fascination with dead bodies?
8. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
9. Why did Nugent have several relationships following his divorce and did they help him find love?
10. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)