|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
2. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. How many years did Henry Nugent's second marriage last?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 21 years.
4. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(d) Homo Sapien.
5. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
2. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
3. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
4. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
5. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lynch view the work done by his colleague Wesley Rice with the young, murdered girl?
2. What are the unique problems faced by undertakers trying to "advertise" their services?
3. Of all the choices offered by Lynch to explain Stephanie's death, which one seemed to be the one he would choose?
4. Why did Nugent have several relationships following his divorce and did they help him find love?
5. How did the modern amenities (toilet, television, etc.) change life in the old Irish cottage?
6. Why did the priest insist on a simple funeral and burial service and why was Lynch unimpressed?
7. What is the essential difference between burying the old and burying infants?
8. How did Lynch's mother and father differ in their reactions to the normal "threats" of childhood?
9. Why did the Lynch brothers take care of their father's body rather than allow a local undertaker to do the job?
10. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)