|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. Where did Milo die?
(a) At his place of business.
(b) At home.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In his car.
3. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
4. For how long was Lynch on the island?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
5. What concept did the Second Vatican Council eliminate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
2. In what era did Gladstone live?
3. What immigrant group did Lynch say has a fondness for funeral services?
4. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
5. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Lynch brothers take care of their father's body rather than allow a local undertaker to do the job?
2. What was Nora's reaction to her impending death?
3. How did Lynch feel about constantly taking Nugent's phone calls following the divorce?
4. How did Lynch describe the difference between chance and coincidence?
5. Why was Lynch's father fond of quoting Gladstone?
6. What did Lynch consider the mark of a good faith leader?
7. What were the different ways in which loved ones reacted to being asked to collect the ashes of the deceased?
8. Why did Lynch say some cultural groups (immigrant Irish, Diaspora Jews, African-Americans) actually"enjoy" funerals?
9. What did Lynch lament about the modern homes Americans live in?
10. What did Lynch mean when he stated that "one hand washes the other" in Chapter 1?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)