|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
2. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(b) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(c) Skip the graveside service.
(d) Bury the body themselves.
3. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) The Waltons.
(d) Eight is Enough.
4. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
5. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
(a) Late 1970s.
(b) Late 1960s.
(c) Early 1970s.
(d) Mid 1970s.
6. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
7. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
(a) A witness.
(b) A party.
(c) A fancy funeral service.
(d) A grand send-off.
8. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Appalachians.
(d) The Poconos.
9. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Five out of six.
10. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
11. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
12. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
(b) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(c) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(d) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
13. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
14. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(c) Fourth of July.
15. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
2. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
3. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
4. What kind of car did the two teachers commit suicide in?
5. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)