|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(c) West Side Social Club.
2. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(a) Urinary tract infections.
(c) Heart surgery.
3. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
4. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) His favorite hat.
(b) A gray scarf.
(c) His glasses.
(d) Gray gloves.
5. What kind of car did the two teachers commit suicide in?
6. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
7. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
8. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
(a) A party.
(b) A grand send-off.
(c) A witness.
(d) A fancy funeral service.
9. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) William Carols Williams.
10. How many days was Reader waked?
(b) He wasn't waked.
11. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
12. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
13. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) San Diego.
14. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
(a) The day his second child was born.
(b) The day he took over the family business.
(c) The day he buried his mother.
(d) The day he buried his father.
15. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
2. What was did the Oak Grove cemetery pre-date?
3. When were the first sealed caskets made?
4. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
5. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)