|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A position as Surgeon General.
(b) A Nobel Prize.
(c) A political career.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
2. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) William Butler Yeats.
(c) William Carols Williams.
(d) Walt Whitman.
3. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
(b) Finn McCool.
(d) Wolfe Tone.
4. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Appalachians.
(d) The Poconos.
5. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
(a) A party.
(b) A grand send-off.
(c) A witness.
(d) A fancy funeral service.
6. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(d) Two years.
7. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Nine out of ten.
(b) Five out of six.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Seven out of ten.
8. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Four out of six.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Five out of six.
9. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
10. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) His favorite hat.
(b) A gray scarf.
(c) Gray gloves.
(d) His glasses.
11. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(b) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
12. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Skip the graveside service.
(b) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(c) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(d) Bury the body themselves.
13. What was did the Oak Grove cemetery pre-date?
(a) World War I.
(b) Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) War of 1812.
14. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
(c) Jumping off a building.
(d) Shooting range.
15. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
(b) Old age.
(c) Heart problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
2. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
3. How many days was Reader waked?
4. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
5. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)