|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
2. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the Atlantic.
(b) Over a golf course.
(c) Over the Grand Canyon.
(d) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
3. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
4. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1975 Mustang.
(b) 1967 Mustang.
(c) 1967 Jeep.
(d) 1970 Camaro.
5. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(b) West Side Social Club.
7. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Poconos.
(c) The Appalachians.
8. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
(a) Heart problems.
(b) Old age.
9. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
10. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(b) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(c) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(d) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
11. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(b) Eight is Enough.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) The Waltons.
12. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Five out of six.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Three out of five.
13. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
14. Where was Reader when he died?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In his easy chair.
(d) In his car.
15. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
2. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
3. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
4. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
5. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)