|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(b) The Poconos.
(d) The Appalachians.
2. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(a) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
3. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
4. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
5. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
(a) A snappy Yellow Pages ad.
(c) A newspaper ad.
(d) An easy to remember 800 number.
6. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
(a) Wolfe Tone.
(c) Finn McCool.
7. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
(a) Religious services.
8. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(b) Fourth of July.
9. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
10. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
(b) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(c) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(d) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
11. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Motorcycle accident.
(c) Suicide by rifle.
(d) Suicide by shotgun.
12. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1970 Camaro.
(b) 1967 Jeep.
(c) 1975 Mustang.
(d) 1967 Mustang.
13. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Four out of seven.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Three out of five.
14. How many days was Reader waked?
(d) He wasn't waked.
15. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) Simon and Garfunkel.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Everly Brothers.
(d) The Who.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the first sealed caskets made?
2. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
3. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
4. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
5. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)