|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kevorkian's training in?
(a) General practice.
2. If he is cremated, what does Lynch want done with the ashes?
(a) Kept in the funeral parlor.
(b) Kept in his family's home.
(d) Scattered over town.
3. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
4. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
(b) They are narrow and never have handles.
(c) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are octagonal and always have handles.
5. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
6. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(a) Urinary tract infections.
(b) Heart surgery.
7. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
8. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Seven out of ten.
(b) Three out of five.
(c) Four out of seven.
(d) Nine out of ten.
9. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(b) Little House on the Prairie.
(c) The Waltons.
(d) Eight is Enough.
10. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
(a) He wanted to be buried in a simple cardboard box.
(b) He wanted it donated to medical training.
(c) He wanted to be buried in a simple shroud.
(d) He wanted to be cremated.
11. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(a) Family Circles.
(d) Women's Days.
12. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
13. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(c) The Poconos.
(d) The Appalachians.
14. How many days was Reader waked?
(b) He wasn't waked.
15. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
2. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
3. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
4. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
5. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)