|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
2. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
3. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
(a) Late 1970s.
(b) Mid 1970s.
(c) Late 1960s.
(d) Early 1970s.
4. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
(a) A snappy Yellow Pages ad.
(b) A newspaper ad.
(d) An easy to remember 800 number.
5. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(d) One year.
6. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
(a) The day he buried his mother.
(b) The day he took over the family business.
(c) The day his second child was born.
(d) The day he buried his father.
7. What was Kevorkian's training in?
(b) General practice.
8. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
9. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
10. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
11. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Seven out of ten.
(b) Four out of seven.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Nine out of ten.
12. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(b) Skip the graveside service.
(c) Bury the body themselves.
(d) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
13. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(b) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
(c) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(d) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
14. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(b) Eight is Enough.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) The Waltons.
15. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are octagonal and always have handles.
(b) They are narrow and never have handles.
(c) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
2. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
3. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
4. What age was Lynch at that time?
5. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)