|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If he is cremated, what does Lynch want done with the ashes?
(a) Kept in his family's home.
(b) Kept in the funeral parlor.
(c) Scattered over town.
2. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
3. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
4. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(d) West Side Social Club.
5. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(a) The Poconos.
(d) The Appalachians.
6. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Suicide by rifle.
(b) Motorcycle accident.
(c) Suicide by shotgun.
(d) Car accident.
7. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over a golf course.
(b) Over the Grand Canyon.
(c) Over the Atlantic.
(d) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
8. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
9. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
10. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
11. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
12. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Four out of seven.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Nine out of ten.
13. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(c) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
14. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
15. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
2. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
3. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
4. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
5. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)