|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Six months.
(b) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(a) West Side Social Club.
3. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Four out of seven.
4. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(b) They are narrow and never have handles.
(c) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are octagonal and always have handles.
5. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
6. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
7. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Butler Yeats.
(c) William Carols Williams.
(d) Robert Frost.
8. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
(a) A witness.
(b) A fancy funeral service.
(c) A party.
(d) A grand send-off.
9. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
(a) The day he buried his mother.
(b) The day he took over the family business.
(c) The day he buried his father.
(d) The day his second child was born.
10. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
11. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
12. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A Nobel Prize.
(b) A political career.
(c) A position as Surgeon General.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
13. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
14. In what year did Jack Kevorkian assist in his first suicide?
15. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(c) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
2. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
3. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
4. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
5. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)