|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Reader when he died?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In his easy chair.
(d) In his car.
2. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Five out of six.
(d) Four out of six.
3. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
4. To what animal did Lynch allude in making his analogy about living at the midpoint?
(a) Monarch butterflies.
(c) California condors.
5. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
6. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
7. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(b) Fourth of July.
8. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
9. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(c) West Side Social Club.
10. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(b) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
11. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
12. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(a) Family Circles.
(d) Women's Days.
13. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
14. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1970 Camaro.
(b) 1975 Mustang.
(c) 1967 Mustang.
(d) 1967 Jeep.
15. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
3. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
4. What was did the Oak Grove cemetery pre-date?
5. When were the first sealed caskets made?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)