|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A political career.
(b) A position as Surgeon General.
(c) A Nobel Prize.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
2. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
3. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Carols Williams.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) Robert Frost.
4. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
(c) New York.
5. In what German city did Sweeney study?
6. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Four out of six.
(b) Five out of six.
(c) Nine out of ten.
(d) Three out of five.
7. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(c) Sonic Youth.
(d) Green Day.
8. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) Simon and Garfunkel.
(c) The Who.
(d) The Everly Brothers.
9. If he is cremated, what does Lynch want done with the ashes?
(b) Kept in the funeral parlor.
(c) Kept in his family's home.
(d) Scattered over town.
10. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
11. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
12. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Skip the graveside service.
(b) Bury the body themselves.
(c) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(d) Leave as soon as the service is over.
13. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
14. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1975 Mustang.
(b) 1967 Jeep.
(c) 1967 Mustang.
(d) 1970 Camaro.
15. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(b) West Side Social Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
2. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
3. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
4. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
5. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)