|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(b) Women's Days.
(d) Family Circles.
2. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Suicide by rifle.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Suicide by shotgun.
(d) Motorcycle accident.
3. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(b) Skip the graveside service.
(c) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(d) Bury the body themselves.
4. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Four out of six.
(b) Three out of five.
(c) Nine out of ten.
(d) Five out of six.
5. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Herman Melville.
(c) H.P. Lovecraft.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
6. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
7. In what year did Jack Kevorkian assist in his first suicide?
8. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
9. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) An electric carving knife.
(c) An electric can opener.
(d) A chainsaw.
10. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
(a) New York.
11. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Urinary tract infections.
12. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
13. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
14. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
15. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what German city did Sweeney study?
2. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
3. Where was Reader when he died?
4. Who did Lynch want to serve as pallbearers?
5. What age was Lynch at that time?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)