|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
2. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
3. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(d) Fourth of July.
4. Where was Reader when he died?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In his easy chair.
(c) In his car.
(d) In bed.
5. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
6. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
7. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(b) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(c) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(d) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
8. When were the first sealed caskets made?
9. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) An electric can opener.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) An electric carving knife.
10. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
11. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
12. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are narrow and never have handles.
(b) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
(c) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are octagonal and always have handles.
13. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
14. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
15. What was did the Oak Grove cemetery pre-date?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) Civil War.
(d) War of 1812.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
2. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
3. How many days was Reader waked?
4. To what animal did Lynch allude in making his analogy about living at the midpoint?
5. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)