|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
2. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the Atlantic.
(b) Over a golf course.
(c) Over the Grand Canyon.
(d) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
3. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) The Everly Brothers.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Who.
(d) Simon and Garfunkel.
4. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
5. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A position as Surgeon General.
(b) A political career.
(c) A Nobel Prize.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
6. What was Reader's favorite holiday?
(d) Fourth of July.
7. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
8. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His favorite hat.
(c) Gray gloves.
(d) A gray scarf.
9. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1970 Camaro.
(b) 1967 Mustang.
(c) 1975 Mustang.
(d) 1967 Jeep.
10. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
11. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) The Waltons.
(b) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) Eight is Enough.
12. In what year did Jack Kevorkian assist in his first suicide?
13. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
(b) Jumping off a building.
(c) Shooting range.
14. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
15. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(a) Sonic Youth.
(d) Green Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
2. Where did Lynch meet Sweeney?
3. How many days was Reader waked?
4. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
5. Where was Reader when he died?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)