|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city did Sweeney study?
2. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
3. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
4. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
5. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
6. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
7. What age was Lynch at that time?
8. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) An electric can opener.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) An electric carving knife.
(d) A chainsaw.
9. How many trials did Kevorkian face and successfully avoid conviction in Oakland County?
10. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Five out of six.
11. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
12. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
13. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
14. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) San Diego.
15. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Nine out of ten.
(b) Five out of six.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Four out of six.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
2. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
3. What was Kevorkian's training in?
4. To what animal did Lynch allude in making his analogy about living at the midpoint?
5. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)