|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(b) West Side Social Club.
2. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are octagonal and always have handles.
(b) They are narrow and never have handles.
(c) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
3. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) William Carols Williams.
(b) William Butler Yeats.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Walt Whitman.
4. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Eight is Enough.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) The Waltons.
5. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
(a) Three out of five.
(b) Four out of seven.
(c) Seven out of ten.
(d) Nine out of ten.
6. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
7. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
8. Where was Reader when he died?
(a) In his car.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In bed.
(d) In his easy chair.
9. What did Lynch suggest as music for his funeral?
(c) Pipers and tinwhistlers.
10. How many trials did Kevorkian face and successfully avoid conviction in Oakland County?
11. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Skip the graveside service.
(b) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(c) Bury the body themselves.
(d) Leave as soon as the service is over.
12. When were the first sealed caskets made?
13. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A position as Surgeon General.
(b) A Nobel Prize.
(c) A political career.
(d) A Medal of Honor.
14. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
15. How many days was Reader waked?
(b) He wasn't waked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
2. In what month would Lynch prefer to die?
3. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
4. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
5. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)