|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
(a) Finn McCool.
(b) Wolfe Tone.
2. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
3. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
4. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
5. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
6. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(d) One year.
7. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
(a) Coupons to develop their own plans.
(b) Copuons to approve all of his wishes.
(c) Coupons to either disregard or approve of his wishes.
(d) Coupons to disapprove of any aspect of his wishes.
8. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
9. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) An electric can opener.
(c) An electric carving knife.
(d) A butcher knife.
10. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
11. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
(a) An easy to remember 800 number.
(b) A newspaper ad.
(c) A snappy Yellow Pages ad.
12. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) His favorite hat.
(b) A gray scarf.
(c) His glasses.
(d) Gray gloves.
13. What kind of car did the two teachers commit suicide in?
14. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(a) The Appalachians.
(d) The Poconos.
15. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
2. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
3. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
4. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
5. In what German city did Sweeney study?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)