|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lynch feel his midpoint had arrived?
(a) The day he buried his mother.
(b) The day his second child was born.
(c) The day he took over the family business.
(d) The day he buried his father.
2. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Nine out of ten.
(b) Five out of six.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Four out of six.
3. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
4. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) An electric carving knife.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) An electric can opener.
5. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) H.P. Lovecraft.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
6. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(b) Green Day.
(d) Sonic Youth.
7. How much did the simple cardboard box cost?
8. What age was Lynch at that time?
9. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
10. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Suicide by shotgun.
(c) Motorcycle accident.
(d) Suicide by rifle.
11. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
12. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
(a) A newspaper ad.
(b) A snappy Yellow Pages ad.
(d) An easy to remember 800 number.
13. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) His favorite hat.
(b) Gray gloves.
(c) His glasses.
(d) A gray scarf.
14. What TV show did Mary Jackson appear in?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) The Waltons.
(d) Eight is Enough.
15. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(a) Family Circles.
(b) Women's Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
2. What "coupons" did Lynch give to his family in "The Tract"?
3. What seafood dish did Lynch refer to at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Before Kevorkian, how many attempted suicides were women?
5. In what year did John Hillenbrand purchase the Batesville Coffin Company?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)