|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
2. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
3. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(a) Sonic Youth.
(c) Green Day.
4. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1967 Jeep.
(b) 1967 Mustang.
(c) 1970 Camaro.
(d) 1975 Mustang.
5. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A Medal of Honor.
(b) A political career.
(c) A Nobel Prize.
(d) A position as Surgeon General.
6. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
(a) A party.
(b) A fancy funeral service.
(c) A grand send-off.
(d) A witness.
7. What age was Lynch at that time?
8. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Suicide by rifle.
(b) Suicide by shotgun.
(c) Motorcycle accident.
(d) Car accident.
9. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(b) Over the Atlantic.
(c) Over a golf course.
(d) Over the Grand Canyon.
10. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
11. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(b) Women's Days.
(c) Family Circles.
12. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
(a) He wanted to be cremated.
(b) He wanted to be buried in a simple cardboard box.
(c) He wanted to be buried in a simple shroud.
(d) He wanted it donated to medical training.
13. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(c) West Side Social Club.
14. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
15. What singing group did Lynch desire to emulate?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) Simon and Garfunkel.
(c) The Everly Brothers.
(d) The Who.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
2. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
3. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
4. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
5. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)