|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are people not allowed to do at the trestle known as the Arch?
2. What did Lynch want his family to toss on top of his casket?
(a) Gray gloves.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His favorite hat.
(d) A gray scarf.
3. What kind of car did the two teachers commit suicide in?
4. What kind of car crushed a worker at a scrap metal yard in Lynch's story?
(a) 1975 Mustang.
(b) 1967 Jeep.
(c) 1967 Mustang.
(d) 1970 Camaro.
5. How many days was Reader waked?
(d) He wasn't waked.
6. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(b) Bury the body themselves.
(c) Skip the graveside service.
(d) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
7. What California town did Lynch imagine dying in in his analogy?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Santa Barbara.
8. What magazines did Lynch find on the wife's side of the bed?
(b) Family Circles.
(c) Women's Days.
9. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(b) Over the Atlantic.
(c) Over the Grand Canyon.
(d) Over a golf course.
10. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
(a) He wanted it donated to medical training.
(b) He wanted to be cremated.
(c) He wanted to be buried in a simple cardboard box.
(d) He wanted to be buried in a simple shroud.
11. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
12. What was Kevorkian's training in?
(d) General practice.
13. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Butler Yeats.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) William Carols Williams.
14. In what year did Jack Kevorkian assist in his first suicide?
15. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lynch not want at his funeral?
2. Approximately how many caskets can someone choose from at the Lynch funeral home?
3. To what society club did Lynch belong?
4. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
5. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)