|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lynch sarcastically mention as a "tidy" type of assisted suicide?
(a) Shooting range.
(b) Jumping off a building.
2. In what Irish county was Sweeney born?
3. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
(b) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(c) They are octagonal and always have handles.
(d) They are narrow and never have handles.
4. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
5. Before Kevorkian, how many "successful" suicides were men?
(a) Five out of six.
(b) Nine out of ten.
(c) Three out of five.
(d) Four out of six.
6. How many trials did Kevorkian face and successfully avoid conviction in Oakland County?
7. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
8. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) One year.
(b) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
9. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
(b) Finn McCool.
(d) Wolfe Tone.
10. When were the first sealed caskets made?
11. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(b) Over the Atlantic.
(c) Over the Grand Canyon.
(d) Over a golf course.
12. In what state did someone reach the midpoint of their lives?
13. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
(a) A political career.
(b) A position as Surgeon General.
(c) A Medal of Honor.
(d) A Nobel Prize.
14. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
15. What was the look on the face of the man killed by the falling car?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
2. What medical topic did Sweeney broach when eating rainbow trout?
3. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
4. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
5. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)