|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately what percentage of Americans move at any given time?
2. What did Lynch want his loved ones to do at the graveside?
(a) Leave as soon as the service is over.
(b) Skip the graveside service.
(c) Stay until the body is lowered into the ground.
(d) Bury the body themselves.
3. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
4. Approximately how many Japanese die of fugu poisoning every year?
5. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Suicide by rifle.
(b) Suicide by shotgun.
(c) Motorcycle accident.
(d) Car accident.
6. What was did the Oak Grove cemetery pre-date?
(a) World War I.
(b) War of 1812.
(c) Civil War.
(d) World War II.
7. When was the Oak Grove Bridge declared unsafe for vehicular traffic?
(a) Mid 1970s.
(b) Early 1970s.
(c) Late 1970s.
(d) Late 1960s.
8. When is the Milford Memories festival held?
9. With what did the cuckolded husband kill himself in Chapter 10?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) An electric can opener.
(c) A chainsaw.
(d) An electric carving knife.
10. Approximately how many suicides had Kevorkian assisted in by the end of 1996?
11. In Lynch's analogy of life as a trip across America, at what point do you meet a girl?
(a) The Appalachians.
(d) The Poconos.
12. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
(a) Old age.
(b) Heart problems.
13. How long was the old-fashioned mourning period?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) As long as the grieved needed it to be.
14. What did Uncle Eddie need help coming up with as he was starting his suicide cleanup business?
(b) A newspaper ad.
(c) An easy to remember 800 number.
(d) A snappy Yellow Pages ad.
15. At what age did Lynch's mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Irish hero did Lynch compare Russ Reader?
2. How much did the mahogany casket cost?
3. How many assisted suicides are cremated?
4. What sport did Lynch mention watching with loved ones in bad weather?
5. In what decade of life did most of the Lynch men die?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)