|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city did Sweeney study?
2. To what society club did Lynch belong?
(a) West Side Social Club.
3. What drink did Lynch give to Sweeney after telling him the story of the man killed by the falling car?
4. If he was cremated, where did Reader want his ashes scattered?
(a) Over a golf course.
(b) Over the town from a hot air balloon.
(c) Over the Atlantic.
(d) Over the Grand Canyon.
5. How many bridges once crossed the town's river?
6. What was the first name of the girl Lynch met and fell in love with?
7. What rock group did Lynch allude to in Chapter 7?
(b) Green Day.
(c) Sonic Youth.
8. What did Reader want done with his body after death?
(a) He wanted to be cremated.
(b) He wanted to be buried in a simple cardboard box.
(c) He wanted it donated to medical training.
(d) He wanted to be buried in a simple shroud.
9. When were the first sealed caskets made?
10. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
11. What distinguishes coffins from caskets?
(a) They are octagonal and may or may not have handles.
(b) They are narrow and never have handles.
(c) They are rectangular and may or may not have handles.
(d) They are octagonal and always have handles.
12. What kind of food was served at The Red Fort?
13. What age was Lynch at that time?
14. What was the cause of death in the case of the young man Lynch tended to in "All Hallows' Eve"?
(a) Motorcycle accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Suicide by rifle.
(d) Suicide by shotgun.
15. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) H.P. Lovecraft.
(b) Herman Melville.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had the men in Lynch's family died for the most part?
2. What was the only thing Lynch really wanted at death?
3. What did Kevorkian's attorney suggest for the doctor?
4. In what year was Matthew Sweeney born?
5. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tract"?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)