|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
(a) Irish whiskey.
2. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
(a) Feast of the Epiphany.
(b) All Saint's Day.
3. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(a) Cemetery plots.
4. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(b) To restore color to the skin.
(c) To remove any bruises.
(d) To relax the muscles.
5. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(d) Brittle-bone disease.
6. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
(c) Shepherd's pie.
(d) Blood pudding.
7. How did Milo die?
(a) Heart failure.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Unspecified illness.
8. What did Lynch say was God's greatest gift?
9. How old was Thomas Lynch's oldest child when he divorced?
10. Where did they conduct this conference?
(a) The Lesser Antilles.
(c) The Greater Antilles.
11. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
12. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(c) La Rochefoucald.
13. To what town was Lynch's father's body brought?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(b) St. Petersburg.
(d) Ft. Myers.
14. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
(b) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
(c) "The Jabberwocky."
(d) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
15. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Position his hands.
(b) Wash his body.
(c) Embalm the body.
(d) Dress the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ernest Fuller serve in the military?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
3. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
4. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
5. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)