|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
2. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Twelve percent.
(b) Seven percent.
(c) Five percent.
(d) Ten percent.
3. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
(b) Hopeless causes.
4. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Wash his body.
(b) Embalm the body.
(c) Dress the body.
(d) Position his hands.
5. How many hours did the undertaker work on the murdered girl?
6. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
7. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(c) Homo Sapien.
8. How did Milo die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Heart failure.
(c) Unspecified illness.
9. In what era did Gladstone live?
10. What did Lynch's sisters plant at the base of the gravestone every spring?
11. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
(b) The Keys.
(c) The Panhandle.
(d) The Gulf Coast.
12. How many of Lynch's eight siblings are part of the funeral industry?
(a) All of them.
13. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Good Friday.
(b) Maundy Thursday.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
14. What kind of service did the Irish priest who married Lynch say he wanted?
(a) No service.
(b) A solemn high mass.
(c) A simple low mass.
(d) A graveside service.
15. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "The Jabberwocky."
(b) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(c) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
(d) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day was Milo buried?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
3. How many years did Henry Nugent's second marriage last?
4. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
5. What kind of business did Milo own?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)