|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) La Rochefoucald.
2. How old was Nugent's second wife when they married?
3. How old was the boy whose mother strangled him with a belt?
4. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
5. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
(b) Feast of the Epiphany.
(c) All Saint's Day.
6. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(b) To relax the muscles.
(c) To remove any bruises.
(d) To restore color to the skin.
7. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
8. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
9. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(d) Homo Sapien.
10. In what year was Lynch's Michigan house built?
11. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
12. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
13. How many siblings did Lynch have?
14. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
(a) Arizona and New Mexico.
(b) Florida and Arizona.
(c) Florida and North Carolina.
(d) Florida and New Mexico.
15. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
(a) One to two dozen.
(b) Four to five dozen.
(c) Two to three dozen.
(d) Five dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
2. What brand of vehicle did Lynch refer to when discussing the power of advertising?
3. What American TV show did Nora Lynch begin watching once she got her first television set?
4. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
5. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)