|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(d) Cemetery plots.
2. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wilbur Johnson.
(b) Henry Nugent.
(c) Wesley Rice.
(d) Wesley Ryan.
3. Where did Nugent meet his next wife?
(a) At a college campus.
(b) At the supermarket.
(c) At the movies.
(d) At a poetry reading.
4. For how long was Lynch on the island?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Eight days.
5. What food was Robertson's poem about?
6. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
(c) Shepherd's pie.
(d) Blood pudding.
7. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
(b) Root canals.
8. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
9. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
10. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "The Jabberwocky."
(c) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
(d) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
11. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
12. What was the name of the woman whose body smelled bad because of her last meal?
13. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
(c) Irish whiskey.
14. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
15. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
2. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
3. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
4. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
5. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)