|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
2. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
3. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
(d) Hopeless causes.
4. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
5. What disease did Lynch's father have outbreaks of?
(b) Rheumatoid arthritis.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
6. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 30 years.
7. How much did the signet ring cost?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Forty-five dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
8. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
9. What food was Robertson's poem about?
10. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
11. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
12. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
(a) William Carlos Williams.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) Robert Frost.
13. At what time did Mil Hornsby's wife call to announce his death?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
14. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Twelve percent.
(d) Seven percent.
15. What was the surname on the stone that hit Stephanie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
2. What Friday night TV show did Lynch mention when discussing his generation's approach to death?
3. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. To what town was Lynch's father's body brought?
5. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)