|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nugent meet his next wife?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At a college campus.
(c) At a poetry reading.
(d) At the supermarket.
2. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Twelve percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Seven percent.
3. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
4. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
5. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
6. To what town was Lynch's father's body brought?
(a) Ft. Myers.
(c) Ft. Lauderdale.
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
8. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
(b) Feast of the Epiphany.
(d) All Saint's Day.
9. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(b) To restore color to the skin.
(c) To relax the muscles.
(d) To remove any bruises.
10. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(d) Cemetery plots.
11. How many years of marriage did Nugent's poem refer to?
12. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
13. How did Milo die?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Unspecified illness.
(d) Heart failure.
14. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(d) Brittle-bone disease.
15. How old was the boy whose mother strangled him with a belt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was Robertson's poem about?
2. In what era did Gladstone live?
3. What nationality was Paterson?
4. Where did Milo die?
5. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)