|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnic food did Robertson and his wife enjoy in celebration of the poem's publication?
2. How did Milo die?
(a) Unspecified illness.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Heart failure.
3. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) Joan Didion.
(b) Jessica Mitford.
(c) Somerset Waugh.
(d) James Agee.
4. What style poem did Nugent write?
(d) Free verse.
5. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
6. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(a) Beef stews.
(c) Roasted chicken.
(d) Chicken pot pies.
7. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
8. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
9. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
10. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
(b) The Panhandle.
(c) The Gulf Coast.
(d) The Keys.
11. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
(a) North Carolina.
12. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
13. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
14. How many hours did the undertaker work on the murdered girl?
15. In what magazine was Robertson trying to get published?
(b) New Yorker.
(c) Vanity Fair.
(d) Utne Reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
2. How much would the laundry bill have come to for the work Milo did for Lynch?
3. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
4. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
5. Why do undertakers massage the body?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)