|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
2. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
3. How old were the twins who drowned in the river?
4. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
5. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
(a) Brittle-bone disease.
(c) Muscular dystrophy.
6. When did embalming become common?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The War of Independence.
7. How did Milo die?
(b) Heart failure.
(c) Unspecified illness.
(d) Car accident.
8. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
9. How many of Lynch's eight siblings are part of the funeral industry?
(c) All of them.
10. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
11. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(b) Cemetery plots.
12. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
13. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(a) Chicken pot pies.
(c) Roasted chicken.
(d) Beef stews.
14. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To remove any bruises.
(b) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(c) To relax the muscles.
(d) To restore color to the skin.
15. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day was Milo buried?
2. What food was Robertson's poem about?
3. What kind of coffin did the priest want to be buried in?
4. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
5. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)