|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
2. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
(a) Florida and North Carolina.
(b) Arizona and New Mexico.
(c) Florida and New Mexico.
(d) Florida and Arizona.
3. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Maundy Thursday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
4. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Wash his body.
(b) Embalm the body.
(c) Position his hands.
(d) Dress the body.
5. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
6. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
7. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
8. How old were the twins who drowned in the river?
9. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
(a) The Panhandle.
(b) The Gulf Coast.
(d) The Keys.
10. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
11. In what era did Gladstone live?
12. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
13. How old was Nugent's second wife when they married?
14. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(c) Heart bypass.
15. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
2. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
4. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
5. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)