|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what magazine was Robertson trying to get published?
(a) New Yorker.
(c) Utne Reader.
(d) Vanity Fair.
2. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) William Carlos Williams.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Butler Yeats.
3. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
(b) Irish whiskey.
4. In what year was Lynch's Michigan house built?
5. What disease did Lynch's father have outbreaks of?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Rheumatoid arthritis.
6. What kind of coffin did the priest want to be buried in?
7. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
(a) Twelve to fifteen pounds.
(b) Four to seven pounds.
(c) Six to ten pounds.
(d) Ten to twelve pounds.
8. In what social organization was Milo a leader?
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(d) Masonic Lodge.
9. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
10. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
11. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(c) Cemetery plots.
12. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
13. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
14. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
15. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) La Rochefoucald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman whose body smelled bad because of her last meal?
2. When did embalming become common?
3. What nationality was Paterson?
4. In what month did Roberton's poem appear in the magazine?
5. How old were the twins who drowned in the river?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)