|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(a) Chicken pot pies.
(b) Beef stews.
(c) Roasted chicken.
2. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
3. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
(d) Irish whiskey.
4. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wilbur Johnson.
(b) Henry Nugent.
(c) Wesley Rice.
(d) Wesley Ryan.
5. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(c) La Rochefoucald.
6. What Friday night TV show did Lynch mention when discussing his generation's approach to death?
(b) Wagon Train..
7. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 30 years.
8. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
9. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
10. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
(d) North Carolina.
11. In what year was St. Stephen martyred?
(a) 45 A.D.
(b) 40 A.D.
(c) 30 A.D.
(d) 35 A.D.
12. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
(a) Two to three dozen.
(b) One to two dozen.
(c) Four to five dozen.
(d) Five dozen.
13. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
14. What American TV show did Nora Lynch begin watching once she got her first television set?
(b) Guiding Light.
(c) One Life to Live.
15. How did Milo die?
(a) Unspecified illness.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Heart failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
2. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
3. How much did the signet ring cost?
4. What did Lynch's sisters plant at the base of the gravestone every spring?
5. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)