|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would the laundry bill have come to for the work Milo did for Lynch?
2. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
3. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
4. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(b) Homo Sapien.
5. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) Maundy Thursday.
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
6. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Wash his body.
(b) Dress the body.
(c) Embalm the body.
(d) Position his hands.
7. How did Milo die?
(a) Heart failure.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Unspecified illness.
8. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
9. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
(b) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
(c) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(d) "The Jabberwocky."
10. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
11. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
12. What nationality was Paterson?
13. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 25 years.
14. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
15. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
2. What brand of vehicle did Lynch refer to when discussing the power of advertising?
3. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
4. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
5. What immigrant group did Lynch say has a fondness for funeral services?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)