|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
2. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
3. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(b) Beef stews.
(c) Roasted chicken.
(d) Chicken pot pies.
4. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
5. How old was Thomas Lynch's oldest child when he divorced?
6. How old was Nugent's second wife when they married?
7. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
8. What was the last name of the undertaker who handled Nora's death?
9. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A BB gun.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A trampoline.
10. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
(a) One to two dozen.
(b) Two to three dozen.
(c) Four to five dozen.
(d) Five dozen.
11. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
12. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Maundy Thursday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
13. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
14. Where did they conduct this conference?
(c) The Lesser Antilles.
(d) The Greater Antilles.
15. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
2. When did embalming become common?
3. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
4. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
5. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)