|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
2. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) La Rochefoucald.
3. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
(d) Hopeless causes.
4. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
5. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
(a) The Keys.
(b) The Panhandle.
(d) The Gulf Coast.
6. How old was Thomas Lynch's oldest child when he divorced?
7. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
(a) Brittle-bone disease.
(b) Muscular dystrophy.
8. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wesley Ryan.
(b) Wesley Rice.
(c) Wilbur Johnson.
(d) Henry Nugent.
9. Where did Milo die?
(a) At his place of business.
(b) In his car.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At home.
10. In what era did Gladstone live?
11. Where did they conduct this conference?
(a) The Greater Antilles.
(c) The Lesser Antilles.
12. What did Lynch's sisters plant at the base of the gravestone every spring?
13. How long had Lynch's parents been married?
(a) 47 years.
(b) 52 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 43 years.
14. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A trampoline.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A BB gun.
(d) A bicycle.
15. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Paterson?
2. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
3. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
4. How many of Lynch's eight siblings are part of the funeral industry?
5. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)