|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lynch hope to do if he attended any part of the undertakers conference?
(a) Enjoy dinner with fellow undertakers.
(b) Attend lectures.
(c) Play golf.
(d) Talk to older undertakers of his father's generation.
2. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
3. How many years did Henry Nugent's second marriage last?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 17 years.
4. What two retirement destinations did Lynch mention?
(a) Arizona and New Mexico.
(b) Florida and North Carolina.
(c) Florida and Arizona.
(d) Florida and New Mexico.
5. What funeral related item did Lynch sell on commission?
(d) Cemetery plots.
6. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
(d) Root canals.
7. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
(a) The Keys.
(b) The Gulf Coast.
(c) The Panhandle.
8. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
9. In what social organization was Milo a leader?
(b) Masonic Lodge.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
10. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
11. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
(a) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
12. How many golf courses opened in Milford in the course of a year?
13. In what Irish town were Lynch and Don Paterson discussing Thomas Crapper?
14. How many years of marriage did Nugent's poem refer to?
15. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era did Gladstone live?
2. In what year was St. Stephen martyred?
3. What kind of business did Milo own?
4. Out of a thousand people in a room, how many would be expected to die by the end of the year according to Lynch's analogy in Chapter 1?
5. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)