|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nugent's second wife when they married?
2. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
3. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
4. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
5. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
6. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
(b) Wolfe Tone.
7. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
(d) Root canals.
8. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
9. At what time did Mil Hornsby's wife call to announce his death?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
10. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) William Carlos Williams.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) Walt Whitman.
11. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
12. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
13. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
14. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
15. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "The Jabberwocky."
(c) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
(d) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coffin did the priest want to be buried in?
2. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
3. Where in Florida did Lynch's father die?
4. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
5. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)