|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lynch suggest could be the introductory price of a grave site at the golfatorium?
2. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) La Rochefoucald.
3. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
(b) Shepherd's pie.
(c) Blood pudding.
4. How many words did Roberton's poem contain?
5. What town did Lynch explore while on his trip in Chapter 5?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Santa Barbara.
6. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Dress the body.
(b) Wash his body.
(c) Embalm the body.
(d) Position his hands.
7. In what magazine was Robertson trying to get published?
(a) New Yorker.
(b) Vanity Fair.
(c) Utne Reader.
8. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) Somerset Waugh.
(b) James Agee.
(c) Jessica Mitford.
(d) Joan Didion.
9. What Christian writer did Lynch's mother frequently read?
(a) St. Francis.
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
(c) St. Augustine.
(d) Thomas Kempis.
10. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
11. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
12. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
13. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
14. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
(c) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
15. In what Irish town were Lynch and Don Paterson discussing Thomas Crapper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Milo die?
2. What was the name of the village Tommy and Nora Lynch lived in?
3. What kind of service did the Irish priest who married Lynch say he wanted?
4. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
5. What kind of minister was almost decked when he told a grieving parent that the body of her dead daughter was just a shell?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)