|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) La Rochefoucald.
2. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
3. How old was Thomas Lynch's oldest child when he divorced?
4. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To remove any bruises.
(b) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(c) To relax the muscles.
(d) To restore color to the skin.
5. In what year was Lynch's Michigan house built?
6. Where did Milo die?
(a) In his car.
(b) At home.
(c) At his place of business.
(d) In the hospital.
7. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(d) Heart bypass.
8. What kind of business did Milo own?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A laundromat.
(d) A drugstore.
9. When did embalming become common?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The War of Independence.
(d) World War II.
10. What nationality was Paterson?
11. In what Irish town were Lynch and Don Paterson discussing Thomas Crapper?
12. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
13. In which state did the accident occur?
14. What immigrant group did Lynch say has a fondness for funeral services?
15. What kind of church did Milo belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What constellation did Lynch refer to when describing peeing outdoors in Michigan?
2. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
3. To what fast food restaurant did Lynch refer when talking about non-custodial parents?
4. For what Irish patriot was the bridge in the chapter named?
5. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)