|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
2. In what social organization was Milo a leader?
(c) Masonic Lodge.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
3. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Maundy Thursday.
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
4. What was the surname on the stone that hit Stephanie?
5. What was the last act that Lynch did to Milo's body?
(a) Dress the body.
(b) Embalm the body.
(c) Position his hands.
(d) Wash his body.
6. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
7. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
8. In what magazine was Robertson trying to get published?
(a) Vanity Fair.
(c) New Yorker.
(d) Utne Reader.
9. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A BB gun.
(c) A trampoline.
(d) A swimming pool.
10. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(a) Heart bypass.
11. In what year was St. Stephen martyred?
(a) 45 A.D.
(b) 40 A.D.
(c) 30 A.D.
(d) 35 A.D.
12. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
(a) Four to seven pounds.
(b) Six to ten pounds.
(c) Ten to twelve pounds.
(d) Twelve to fifteen pounds.
13. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
(a) Feast of the Epiphany.
(d) All Saint's Day.
14. What kind of coffin did the priest want to be buried in?
15. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
2. What was the name of the woman whose body smelled bad because of her last meal?
3. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
4. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
5. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)