|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Maundy Thursday.
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Easter Sunday.
2. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
(d) North Carolina.
3. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
(b) Root canals.
4. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
5. To what state did the Nugents move after marrying?
6. In what year was Lynch's Michigan house built?
7. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wesley Ryan.
(b) Wesley Rice.
(c) Henry Nugent.
(d) Wilbur Johnson.
8. Why do undertakers massage the body?
(a) To ensure the even distribution of embalming fluid.
(b) To restore color to the skin.
(c) To relax the muscles.
(d) To remove any bruises.
9. From what surgery did Mr. Lynch have a scar?
(b) Heart bypass.
10. To what state was Lynch flying when he first thought of a golfatorium?
11. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) James Agee.
(b) Somerset Waugh.
(c) Joan Didion.
(d) Jessica Mitford.
12. Approximately how many of his townspeople were cremated each year?
(a) One to two dozen.
(b) Two to three dozen.
(c) Five dozen.
(d) Four to five dozen.
13. In what year was Thomas Lynch's first child born?
14. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
15. In which state did the accident occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jessica Mitford refer to undertakers' work on human bodies?
2. How many years did Henry Nugent's second marriage last?
3. What French writer did Lynch quote at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
5. What concept did the Second Vatican Council eliminate?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)