|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Friday night TV show did Lynch mention when discussing his generation's approach to death?
(c) Wagon Train..
2. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
3. What immigrant group did Lynch say has a fondness for funeral services?
4. On what holy day did Lynch land in Ireland when Nora became sick?
(a) Good Friday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Maundy Thursday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
5. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
6. To what town was Lynch's father's body brought?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(b) St. Petersburg.
(d) Ft. Myers.
7. How many siblings did Lynch have?
8. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wesley Rice.
(b) Wesley Ryan.
(c) Wilbur Johnson.
(d) Henry Nugent.
9. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(b) Chicken pot pies.
(c) Beef stews.
(d) Roasted chicken.
10. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
11. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
12. Children under twelve accounted for approximately what percentage of deaths in 1900?
13. In what town's hospital was Nora treated?
14. Which sibling took too many pills and almost overdosed?
15. What style poem did Nugent write?
(a) Free verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
2. What poet made the statement about men dying for what they miss in poetry?
3. Why do undertakers massage the body?
4. What brand of vehicle did Lynch refer to when discussing the power of advertising?
5. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)