|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Roberton's poem appear in the magazine?
2. What style poem did Nugent write?
(d) Free verse.
3. How much of his gross earnings were profit?
(a) Twelve percent.
(b) Seven percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Five percent.
4. For how long was Lynch on the island?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Eight days.
5. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
6. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
7. What food was Robertson's poem about?
8. What did Lynch's father see in every bruise on his children?
(b) Brittle-bone disease.
(d) Muscular dystrophy.
9. What ancient human ancestor did Lynch say first buried the dead?
(d) Homo Sapien.
10. How old was the boy whose mother strangled him with a belt?
11. Where did Milo die?
(a) In his car.
(b) At home.
(c) At his place of business.
(d) In the hospital.
12. What time did Lynch leave the office to return home?
13. What was the name of the undertaker who repaired the face of the murdered girl in Chapter 5?
(a) Wilbur Johnson.
(b) Wesley Rice.
(c) Henry Nugent.
(d) Wesley Ryan.
14. What was the surname on the stone that hit Stephanie?
15. What nationality was Paterson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides funeral homes, what business did Lynch say persisted in using the family name in the business name?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
3. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
4. What American author was mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. How many words did Roberton's poem contain?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)