|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would the laundry bill have come to for the work Milo did for Lynch?
2. For how long was Lynch on the island?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What Irish writer did Lynch admire?
4. In what year was Lynch's Michigan house built?
5. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
6. How many years had Nugent's first marriage lasted?
7. At the time of Thomas Lynch's accident, how many years had his father been sober?
8. What did Lynch's mother convince her husband to get their son Dan?
(a) A BB gun.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A trampoline.
9. Approximately how many acres are in a par four hole on a golf course?
10. What kind of business did Milo own?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A laundromat.
(d) A convenience store.
11. Which Lynch brother was sucker-punched in a bar fight?
12. In what month did the Michigan undertakers conduct their conference?
13. Approximately how much do cremated human remains weigh?
(a) Six to ten pounds.
(b) Ten to twelve pounds.
(c) Twelve to fifteen pounds.
(d) Four to seven pounds.
14. When did embalming become common?
(a) The War of Independence.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
15. To what state was Stephanie's family heading when the accident occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nugent meet his next wife?
2. On what day was Lynch's mother buried?
3. In what year did Tommy Lynch die?
4. How much did the signet ring cost?
5. To what did Nugent's poem refer?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)