|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Sweeney.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food did Lynch say many neighbors brought over after his divorce?
(b) Beef stews.
(c) Roasted chicken.
(d) Chicken pot pies.
2. What Asian city did Lynch mention as a place where funeral pyres are frequent?
3. For approximately how long had Lynch been an undertaker when Chapter 2 opened?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) H.P. Lovecraft.
(d) Herman Melville.
5. What did Lynch say was God's greatest gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did embalming become common?
2. What did Lynch have a drink of every night?
3. To which Irish country did Robin Robertson go on a residency program?
4. What was St. Stephen the patron saint of?
5. What ethnic food did Robertson and his wife enjoy in celebration of the poem's publication?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)