|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Sweeney.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river that divides Milford in half?
2. What poem did Thomas Lynch recite his fall from a fire escape in college?
(a) "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed."
(c) "The Jabberwocky."
(d) "Slouching Towards Bethlehem."
3. What American writer referred to the "imp of the perverse"?
(a) H.P. Lovecraft.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
4. Approximately how many people live "in the town"?
5. What kind of church did Milo belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what medical procedure did Lynch refer when speaking about people's aversion to funerals?
2. Approximately how many of his townspeople did Lynch bury each year?
3. In what state did Nugent teach in college when he met his wife?
4. What kind of food made Lynch and Patterson sick in Ireland?
5. How many siblings did Lynch have?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)