|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman to join the Ankh-Morpork City Watch?
(a) Sgt. Angua von ÃƒÅ“berwald.
(b) Sgt. Amelia von ÃƒÅ“berwald.
(c) Sgt. Angela von ÃƒÅ“berwald.
(d) Sgt. Aurora von ÃƒÅ“berwald.
2. When talking with William, the head of the forensic unit of the City Watch lets slip that the jailed Patrician has suffered what event?
(a) A blow to the head.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Internal bleeding.
3. What granddaughter of an engraver, whose services William de Worde uses while publishing his newsletter, confronts William when he begins using dwarf printers for his expanding work?
(a) Gunilla Goodmountain.
(b) Mrs. Eucrasia Arcanum.
(d) Sacharissa Cripslock.
4. What group of professionals who traditionally control all printing in Ankh-Morpork raise their rates three times in a year?
(a) The Guild of Engravers.
(b) The Guild of Etchers.
(c) The Guild of Carvers.
(d) The Guild of Printers.
5. What position does Duke Samuel Vimes hold with the Ankh-Morpork City Watch?
6. William adds a lost-and-found feature and hires a zombie named _________ to write obituaries.
(a) Mr. Bendy.
(b) Mr. Bubbly.
(c) Mr. Bobo.
(d) Mr. Bartrand.
7. Who is for seven years the President of the Guild of Shoemakers and Leathermakers and favored to succeed the dishonored Patrician?
(b) Tuttle Scrope.
(c) Harry King.
(d) Mr. Wintler.
8. Approximately how old is the Patrician's dog?
9. Who is Ankh-Morpork's most enterprisingly unsuccessful entrepreneur?
(a) Cut Me Own Throat (C.M.O.T.) Dibbler.
(b) Dr. A. A. Dinwiddie.
(c) Otto Chriek.
(d) Sgt. Detritus.
10. What refers to a group of Ankh-Morpork notables devoted to saving the city from oblivion?
(a) Committee to Unelect the Patrician.
(b) Council to Unelect the Patrician.
(c) Council to Impeach the Patrician.
(d) Committee to Impeach the Patrician.
11. The Guild blocks the engraving of iconographs, but Otto believes that he can teach the imps to ________.
(a) Etch plates.
(b) Carve stone.
(c) Use typewriters.
(d) Draw in the dirt.
12. The official story of what happened to the Patrician is that he __________.
(a) Got hit with a club.
(b) Fell down the stairs.
(c) Got ran over by a cart.
(d) Fell off a horse.
13. Leaving his meeting with Vetinari, William encounters a crowd urging a man to do what?
(a) Shoot himself.
(b) Stab himself.
(c) Fight another man.
(d) Jump off a ledge.
14. When talking with William at the Watch headquarters, Vimes lets slip that Vetinari and Drumknott are both _____________.
(a) Plotting something.
(b) On the loose.
(c) In the cells.
15. What character intent on suicide does the protagonist interview on a fourth-floor parapet?
(a) Ronnie Carney.
(b) Arthur Crank.
(c) Sgt. Detritus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the forensic unit at the City Watch?
2. What is Otto Chriek's position for the Ankh-Morpork Times?
3. William agrees with his father that "lies could run around the world before the truth could" ___________.
4. What is the biggest city on Discworld?
5. Who owns the establishment named the Bucket?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)