|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes in the beginning of the novel that William has always been troubled by the nature of _________.
2. What member of the Lawyers Guild considers himself a facilitator between Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip?
(a) Mr. Sawyer.
(b) Mr. Sprint.
(c) Mr. Slant.
(d) Mr. Singer.
3. What is the biggest city on Discworld?
(a) The City of Trolls.
4. Vetinari is shocked to read the Times' report of how many people being hurt in a brawl?
5. What unimaginative member of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch was born above the snow line on a distant mountain and never saw a human until he was five?
(a) Sgt. Angua.
(b) Cpl. Nobby Nobbs.
(c) Sgt. Detritus.
(d) Sgt. Fred Colon.
6. Where did the Patrician's dog bite both Pin and Tulip?
(a) The arm.
(b) The buttocks.
(c) The ankle.
(d) The neck.
7. On guard duty in the beginning of the novel, Sgt. Colon and Cpl. Nobbs admit to seeing a rowboat in which who was bickering?
(a) Mrs. Eucrasia Arcanum and her Boarders.
(b) Pin and Tulip.
(c) Dr. A. A. Dinwiddie.
(d) Sgt. Fred Colon and Cpl. Nobby Nobbs.
8. Who is the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork?
(a) Lord Havelock Vetinari.
(c) William de Worde.
(d) Sgt. Angua.
9. What enormous creatures, considered non-human by racist humans, have come to migrate to Ankh-Morpork in large numbers?
10. According to Vimes, Vetinari was found unconscious in the stables with how much money?
11. Who is on duty in the Oblong Office when William comes investigating the Patrician's alleged attempted murder?
12. What are miniature, magical, and long-eared creatures that in Discworld enable and operate various appliances?
13. What is the name of the beloved pet of Lord Havelock Vetinari?
14. Whom does William claim he suspects is a werewolf and that he's seen gargoyles spying on him when talking with Vimes?
15. What refers to the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc.?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Guild blocks the engraving of iconographs, but Otto believes that he can teach the imps to ________.
2. On what street are the Ankh-Morpork Inquirer headquarters located?
3. In the beginning of the novel, the dwarfs print 100 copies of William's newspaper and price each at ______.
4. Vimes tells William about three maids finding Vetinari holding a knife and claiming to be sorry for killing whom?
5. What do the small dog and figure wearing a strange and grubby coat and a brimmed hat in the beginning of the novel share?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)