|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Guild blocks the engraving of iconographs, but Otto believes that he can teach the imps to ________.
(a) Carve stone.
(b) Etch plates.
(c) Use typewriters.
(d) Draw in the dirt.
2. Which member of the Misbegot Bridge Crew uses the loss of both legs to full advantage in bar fights?
(a) Rufus Drumknott.
(b) Tuttle Scrope.
(c) Arthur Crank.
(d) Arnold Sideways.
3. Who is generally acknowledged to be the leader of the Misbegot Bridge Crew?
(a) Harry King.
(b) Coffin Henry.
(c) Dr. A. A. Dinwiddie.
(d) Gunilla Goodmountain.
4. How much do Slant and Ronald Carney of the newly combined Guild of Engravers and Printers demand for membership?
5. Approximately how old is the Patrician's dog?
6. What is Discworld's premier school of wizardry?
(a) Invisible University.
(b) Unseen University.
(c) The College of the Unseen.
(d) The Invisible College.
7. What refers to the patient, hardworking, logical, and indestructible people who protect Ankh-Morpork from the ever-present threat of fire?
(a) Morpork Volunteer Fire Brigade.
(b) Imp Volunteer Fire Brigade.
(c) Golem Volunteer Fire Brigade.
(d) Ankh Volunteer Fire Brigade.
8. Who is the novel's protagonist?
(a) Sacharissa Cripslock.
(b) Lord Havelock Vetinari.
(c) Mrs. Eucrasia Arcanum.
(d) William de Worde.
9. Which member of the Misbegot Bridge Crew is well-spoken, educated, and sane, but consistently (and wrongly) insists that he has no duck on his head?
(a) Wing Man.
(b) Duck Man.
(c) Bird Boy.
(d) Mallard Man.
10. When talking with William at the Watch headquarters, Vimes lets slip that Vetinari and Drumknott are both _____________.
(a) On the loose.
(b) In the cells.
(c) Plotting something.
11. What is a wahoonie?
(a) An animal.
(b) A vehicle.
(c) A vegetable.
(d) A race.
12. What job does William give to Sacharissa Crisplock to placate her in the beginning of the novel?
13. William adds a lost-and-found feature and hires a zombie named _________ to write obituaries.
(a) Mr. Bartrand.
(b) Mr. Bubbly.
(c) Mr. Bobo.
(d) Mr. Bendy.
14. How much money do Pin and Tulip offer a clothes seller to impersonate the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork?
15. Discworld rides on the back of four giant elephants who in turn stand on what?
(a) A star turtle.
(b) The sun.
(c) The earth.
(d) A dolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must be restrained from outright killing Vetinari when he first exits William's office?
2. On guard duty in the beginning of the novel, Sgt. Colon and Cpl. Nobbs admit to seeing a rowboat in which who was bickering?
3. In the beginning of the novel, the dwarfs print 100 copies of William's newspaper and price each at ______.
4. What citizen of Ankh-Morpork regularly brings to the office of the Ankh-Morpork Times oddly-shaped vegetables that he has grown?
5. William agrees with his father that "lies could run around the world before the truth could" ___________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)