|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does William claim he suspects is a werewolf and that he's seen gargoyles spying on him when talking with Vimes?
2. Who owns the establishment named the Bucket?
(a) Mr. Cracker.
(b) Mr. Wine.
(c) Mr. Cheese.
(d) Mr. Sausage.
3. Which member of the Misbegot Bridge Crew uses the loss of both legs to full advantage in bar fights?
(a) Arnold Sideways.
(b) Rufus Drumknott.
(c) Arthur Crank.
(d) Tuttle Scrope.
4. Discworld rides on the back of four giant elephants who in turn stand on what?
(a) The earth.
(b) The sun.
(c) A star turtle.
(d) A dolphin.
5. What is Discworld's premier school of wizardry?
(a) The Invisible College.
(b) Invisible University.
(c) The College of the Unseen.
(d) Unseen University.
6. What is Ankh-Morpork's second newspaper?
(a) The Morprk Reporter.
(b) The Morprk Gazette.
(c) The Ankh Reporter.
(d) Ankh-Morpork Inquirer.
7. Pin and Tulip visit Thaumaturgical Park next to the UU to buy what?
(a) A Dis-organizer Mk II.
(b) A Dis-aranger Mk II.
(c) A Dis-figurer Mk II.
(d) A Dis-combobulator Mk II.
8. William agrees with his father that "lies could run around the world before the truth could" ___________.
(a) Get started.
(b) Become well known.
(c) Convince one person.
(d) Get its boots on.
9. What does Vetinari claim most normal people crave instead of actual news?
10. When talking with William at the Watch headquarters, Vimes lets slip that Vetinari and Drumknott are both _____________.
(a) In the cells.
(b) On the loose.
(c) Plotting something.
11. The crime scene at the Oblong Office reeks of what smell?
12. What do the small dog and figure wearing a strange and grubby coat and a brimmed hat in the beginning of the novel share?
(b) A sausage.
(c) A beer.
(d) A hamburger.
13. What can reconstitute Otto after he takes iconographs?
(a) A drop of honey.
(b) A grop of water.
(c) A drop of blood.
(d) A drop of wine.
14. Whom does William see crawling in the shadows at the Watch headquarters when he is meeting with Vimes?
(a) Sgt. Detritus.
(b) Sgt. Angua.
(c) Sgt. Colon.
(d) Cpl. Nobbs.
15. When talking with William, the head of the forensic unit of the City Watch lets slip that the jailed Patrician has suffered what event?
(a) A blow to the head.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Internal bleeding.
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the patient, hardworking, logical, and indestructible people who protect Ankh-Morpork from the ever-present threat of fire?
2. What citizen of Ankh-Morpork regularly brings to the office of the Ankh-Morpork Times oddly-shaped vegetables that he has grown?
3. Sacharissa's first story for William's paper is about what competition?
4. What was fired at the Patrician's dog, missing and lodging in the carpet, forming prime evidence?
5. The author writes in the beginning of the novel that William has always been troubled by the nature of _________.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)