The Truth, pgs. 1-32
• Rumors fill Ankh-Morpork about the dwarfs mastering turning lead into gold.
• On guard duty, Sgt. Colon and Cpl. Nobbs admit seeing a rowboat in which Pin and Tulip bicker before setting ashore a figure who disappears.
• William de Worde writes down the rumor for his newsletter.
• William de Worde comes into a noisy and dwarf-filled workshop, where Gunilla Goodmountain swiftly sets the block in type and prints enough copies for William to solicit 18 new patrons.
• Meanwhile, in a large house, the exact double of the Patrician Vetinari, the leader of Ankh-Morpork, is delivered to a group plotting his overthrow.
• At Unseen University, the Archchancellor wants Gunilla checked out as a means of reducing printing costs.
• When William again drops into the print room, recalling his last argument with his father, William finds the UU Bursar arguing the various meanings that letters and words hold...
This section contains 2,357 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)