|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Padeen been at a penal colony?
(a) As a guard.
(b) As the cook.
(c) As the warden.
(d) For serious crimes he committed.
2. What does Aubrey realize?
(a) That the contraband whiskey must have come aboard at the last port call.
(b) That the ship must not have been thoroughly checked for rats at the last port.
(c) That he has found the source of the crew's apparent high morale.
(d) The dead crew member just signed on at the last port.
3. What is the Franklin?
(a) A 32-gun French frigate.
(b) A small fur-trading vessel.
(c) A heavy American privateer.
(d) A water hoy.
4. What topic do Aubrey and others at times discuss humorously?
(b) The monkeys on the island.
(c) The French uniform.
(d) The French pompadour.
5. Who speaks freely?
(a) Only Clarissa.
(c) Only Aubrey.
(d) Aubrey and Clarissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey inspect with Tom?
2. To whom does Aubrey give his word that there are no stowaways on board?
3. Where is the Franklin?
4. What do Aubrey and Maturin both note as Oakes and Clarissa enter the officer's mess?
5. Who is Mr. Caley?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)