|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leaving - the Witch (pp.256-297).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hansel take Gretel after they find the hut burned to the ground and Magda gone?
(a) To the secret hiding place.
(b) To the village to find Nelka and Telek.
(c) Back into the woods.
(d) Gretel insists they stay at the burnt down cabin.
2. Why does the farmer's wife drive off the children?
(a) She is a conspirator with the Nazis.
(b) The wife is afraid of the Germans.
(c) She is afraid she will die.
(d) She hates Jews.
3. What would have happened to Nelka had she admitted she had gypsy blood?
(a) She would have killed herself and her family.
(b) She would have lost the baby.
(c) The Oberfuhrer would have killed her.
(d) Magda and the children would be killed.
4. What does Gretel find in the wheat field?
(a) An abandoned German tank.
(b) An old piano.
(c) Food and vodka.
(d) A cow-feeder for hay.
5. Why does Magda take the children to the Major in the village?
(a) To show that they are not Jews.
(b) To show the children the village.
(c) To get food rations.
(d) She wants the Major to see Gretel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Telek maime Miron and Ania's little girl?
2. Why does Telek avoid maiming the face of Jasia's boy?
3. What do the Russian and partisans find the Germans transporting?
4. What does the father, now named the Mechanik, have to do to prove his loyalty?
5. How does the priest stop Telek from committing the crime?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)