|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leaving - the Witch (pp.256-297).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots the rapists?
(b) The Stepmother.
(d) The Mechanik.
2. What was it that Father Poitr had to get out of the boxcar when he was enlisted?
(a) Ammunition and food.
(b) Guns and explosives.
(c) Wounded Germans.
(d) Frozen Jews.
3. Why is the Major not fighting on the front lines?
(a) The Major is a pacifist.
(b) Being a Major is a promotion.
(c) He is not a real soldier.
(d) He has lost one of his eyes.
4. What makes Magda happy when on the truck, even though she knows she is in trouble with the Germans?
(a) The war was almost over.
(b) Her brother died a hero.
(c) Hansel and Gretel are safe inside the oven.
(d) Nelka and the baby are safe and gone.
5. Germans leave bodies where they are killed, why?
(a) Germans do not believe in burring the dead.
(b) There are too many bodies to bury.
(c) As a warning to the Poles.
(d) The ground is frozen and they cannot bury the bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magda do with peroxide?
2. What are the Major's orders when preparing to leave the village?
3. Why does Hansel decide they have to go back to the ghetto?
4. Why is Nelka concerned for Telek's apparent calm when she meets him in the village drawing water?
5. Where does Gretel's mind go after the rape?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)