|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ci Vediamo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugo describe Roethke's clothes?
(a) As crisp and clean.
(b) As rotted and rags.
(c) As Gothic.
(d) As feminine and colorful.
2. How many people are in jail in one assumption?
(a) Sixty people over sixty.
(b) Half the town.
3. Hugo feels that the English language is deficient in _____.
(a) Honest adjectives.
(b) Effective homophones.
(c) Good full rhymes.
4. What color paper is, in Hugo's opinion, easy on the eyes?
5. What contest do the former students of Hugo, Mike Ryan and Maura Stanton, win?
(a) Yale Series of Young Poets.
(b) Boston Review.
(c) Brick & Mortar Review.
(d) Harvard Young Poets' Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous poet does Hugo say informs and fills another body during the writing of a poem?
2. Hugo states that all art that has endured has an element of _____.
3. Hugo suggests the poet finish the poem first, then worry about being _____.
4. In one of Hugo's assumptions, _____ at the farmer's market is punishable by death.
5. What is the term Hugo uses for an imperfect or partial rhyme?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)