|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ci Vediamo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous poet does Hugo say escapes from personality during the writing of a poem?
2. Which punctuation mark is strictly banned by Hugo?
(a) Exclamation points.
(c) Quotation marks.
3. What does Hugo say that Auden believes is the nemesis of American writers?
(a) Fear of failure.
4. Who do the G.I.'s stomp and whistle for when she comes onscreen in the movie that Hugo says is worse than bombardier?
(a) Jayne Mansfield.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Martha O'Driscoll.
(d) Betty Hutton.
5. Which poet tells Hugo that he has a hard time breaking Roethke's hold on him?
(a) David Wagoner.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Richard Wagner.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo says that once a language exists only to convey information, it is _____.
2. What city does Hugo visit again in April, 1964?
3. How much snow hits the town every year in one assumption?
4. People who hated the town left long ago and are wealthy in ____ in one assumption.
5. In World War II, Hugo is a bombardier based in _____.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)