|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Defense of Creative-Writing Classes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "...the more I practice, the luckier I get."?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Lou McGarrity.
(c) Jack Nicklaus.
(d) Johnny Carson.
2. People who hated the town left long ago and are wealthy in ____ in one assumption.
(c) South Africa.
3. Hugo feels that there is a tendency for literary professors to establish and maintain _____ over their students.
(a) Absolutely no control.
(b) Emotional advantages.
(c) Economic advantages.
(d) Strict control.
4. Hugo vaguely recalls a class in 1948 when Roehtke defended _____ as important to creativity.
5. Hugo states that when he was in graduate school, a published scholar who wrote clearly was referred to as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Hugo say should only be used as a transitive verb for at least fifteen years?
2. Hugo feels that the English language is deficient in _____.
3. What animal roams the streets in one assumption?
4. The surrounding country in one assumption is _____.
5. One assumption says that the churches are always _____.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)