|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Defense of Creative-Writing Classes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buzz Green's previous profession?
(a) Symphony conductor.
(b) Oil rig worker.
(c) Train conductor.
(d) Jazz musician.
2. When writing a poem, what does Hugo suggest leaves a person more options?
3. Which profession does Hugo believe should be able to retire in twenty years with a full pension like policemen, firemen, and service personnel?
(d) Fiction writers.
4. Hugo suggests that if one wants to change what is on the page, try using the same words and play with the _____.
5. What does Hugo say seldom happens to writers who don't work at it?
(a) Getting published.
(b) Proper recognition.
(c) Lucky accidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term Hugo uses for adding unnecessary words to a form?
2. What is the divorce rate in the town in one assumption?
3. Hugo thinks it is easier to write when you can ignore relative values and go with the _____ of words.
4. Which punctuation mark is strictly banned by Hugo?
5. Which poet does Hugo believes appears to be usual when he is, in fact, a near-perfect example of the unusual in that he is one of the best poets out there?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)