|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Defense of Creative-Writing Classes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugo suggests the poet finish the poem first, then worry about being _____.
(c) Judged by his peers.
(d) Right or sane.
2. To what do academic professors attribute the sudden popularity of creative writing classes, according to Hugo?
(c) Change in dietary habits.
3. All the poets that Hugo knows have an unusually strong _____.
(a) Need for approval.
(c) Moral sense.
(d) Taste for danger.
4. Hugo prefers the _____ tone he employs to a lot of qualifiers when giving poets rules to write by.
5. Hugo states that formal verse can help a young poet locate things to say, and can also _____ him to say things he wouldn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hermit in one of Hugo's assumptions eats mostly _____.
2. Hugo says that for Roehtke, the rules are simply one way to help a poet get to _____.
3. What is the divorce rate in the town in one assumption?
4. In one of Hugo's assumptions, _____ at the farmer's market is punishable by death.
5. Hugo tells the poet not to worry about _____ when writing.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)