|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stray Thoughts on Roethke and Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The purpose of the triggering town is to serve as a _____ for the poem.
(a) Place to leave bad ideas.
(b) Base of operations.
(c) Literal setting.
(d) Common ground.
2. The grain elevator in one assumption is _____.
(c) Completely full.
(d) Rusted through.
3. What era does Hugo say embodies sentimentality?
(a) The Victorian era.
(b) The Post-modern era.
(c) The Neo-Classical era.
(d) The Classical era.
4. When writing a poem, what does Hugo suggest leaves a person more options?
5. Hugo believes that after a long time and a lot of writing, a poet can go back to places of _____.
(a) Creative genius.
(c) Cognitive recall.
(d) Real personal significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo says that if one is a private poet, then one's vocabulary is limited to one's _____.
2. People who hated the town left long ago and are wealthy in ____ in one assumption.
3. Which person observes some mold and later cures gonorrhea?
4. Who does Hugo put in the silo in one of his poems?
5. Hugo states that young poets find it difficult to free themselves from _____.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)