|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Triggering Town.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugo states that young poets find it difficult to free themselves from _____.
(a) Writer's block.
(c) The initiating subject.
2. Where does Hugo work with Buzz Green?
(a) Lockheed Martin.
(b) The Boeing Company.
(c) State Farm.
(d) The postal service.
3. In the poem by Ghiselin, the snake's dwelling is that of a _____.
(a) Prairie dog.
(b) Horny toad.
(d) Another snake.
4. What instrument does Lou McGarrity play?
5. Hugo teaches that one way of getting into the world of the imagination is to focus on the play rather than the _____ of words.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hugo, poets can go into the world of the imagination, and not feel so threatened that they _____.
2. According to Hugo, the imagination is a _____.
3. In the case of the snake poem, Hugo thinks that the author got off the initiating subject _____.
4. Hugo believes that a poet must take _____of a triggering town.
5. Yeats is noted by Hugo as saying that, "as a writer, your most important arguments are with _____".
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)