|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Triggering Town.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugo work with Buzz Green?
(a) State Farm.
(b) The postal service.
(c) Lockheed Martin.
(d) The Boeing Company.
2. Hugo uses single-syllabic words to show _____.
(a) Clandestine behavior.
3. Hugo believes that if if a good poem comes out as a result of the triggering town, the town will become the poet's _____.
(d) Place to avoid.
4. Who says "...the more I practice, the luckier I get."?
(a) Lou McGarrity.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Jack Nicklaus.
5. Hugo states that young poets find it difficult to free themselves from _____.
(a) Writer's block.
(c) The initiating subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo advises that the hard work put in on the first poem is responsible for the _____ of the second.
2. If a person can't think small when writing a poem, Hugo suggests that he try _____.
3. What era does Hugo say embodies sentimentality?
4. In the poem by Ghiselin, the snake's dwelling is that of a _____.
5. Hugo says that if one is a private poet, then one's vocabulary is limited to one's _____.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)