|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Triggering Town.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which artist does Hugo think is interpreted as a weirdo when one first sees his paintings?
(a) Hieronymus Bosch.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Vincent Van Gogh.
(d) Claude Monet.
2. If a person can't think small when writing a poem, Hugo suggests that he try _____.
(a) Thinking big.
(b) Philosphy or social criticism.
(c) Running for president.
(d) Joining NASA.
3. All the poets that Hugo knows have an unusually strong _____.
(a) Moral sense.
(b) Taste for danger.
(c) Need for approval.
4. Hugo believes that a public poet must be more intelligent than the reader so his _____ doesn't get in the way.
(b) Lack of common sense.
(c) Common sense.
5. Hugo says that once a language exists only to convey information, it is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem by Ghiselin, the snake's dwelling is that of a _____.
2. Which person observes some mold and later cures gonorrhea?
3. Hugo advises that at all times, the student must keep his _____ on.
4. Hugo says that if one is a private poet, then one's vocabulary is limited to one's _____.
5. Which Shakespeare play has Regan and Cornwall blinding Gloucester?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)