|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ci Vediamo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which artist does Hugo think is interpreted as a weirdo when one first sees his paintings?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Claude Monet.
(c) Vincent Van Gogh.
(d) Hieronymus Bosch.
2. Hugo advises that the hard work put in on the first poem is responsible for the _____ of the second.
(a) Lack of inspiration.
(b) Longer length.
(d) Sudden ease.
3. Whose coarse teasing and ridicule does Hugo say the poet must endure to be his beautiful self?
(a) Philistine sailors'.
(b) The lower self's.
(c) Dynastic youth's.
(d) Uneducated fools'.
4. The town doctor in one of the assumptions is _____.
(a) A gifted healer.
(b) Dying of cancer.
(c) Corrupt and incompetent.
(d) Also the town drunk.
5. Where do people sit a lot in one assumption?
(a) In their cars at stoplights that don't work.
(b) On their sofas.
(c) On swings in the park.
(d) On their porches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yeats, Hopkins, Auden, Thomas, Kunitz, and Bogan are described by Hugo as having _____ as determined by Roethke when he read their work aloud.
2. When Hugo would hitchhike to Foggia, where does he sit alone drinking coffee, eating cookies, and listening to records?
3. How many pencils does Hugo recommend sharpening to have on hand to write with?
4. What is the term Hugo uses for adding unnecessary words to a form?
5. Hugo says that creative writers are privileged because they can write _____.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)