|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Statements of Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bush that grows wild in the Pacific Northwest that Hugo uses as a local noun?
(b) Royal purple.
2. One assumption says that the churches are always _____.
3. What does Hugo call the tearing down of buildings, the building of new housing, etc., as being one problem for modern poets?
(a) Rapid dehumanization.
(b) Wholesale changes.
(c) Vapid consumerism.
(d) Class deterioration.
4. Hugo feels that the English language is deficient in _____.
(b) Good full rhymes.
(c) Effective homophones.
(d) Honest adjectives.
5. One assumption has the _____ being run by a kind man who lets kids in for free when nobody is looking.
(b) Penny arcade.
(c) Movie house.
(d) Swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous poet does Hugo say escapes from personality during the writing of a poem?
2. The town druggist on an assumption is _____.
3. Hugo suggests that with the accumulated losses of knowns, the imagination is faced with the problem of preserving the world through _____.
4. In one assumption, Hugo is an _____ who returns to the town.
5. What is the term Hugo uses for an imperfect or partial rhyme?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)