|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg feel about Nero?
2. Who sacrifices themselves to snuff out the fire Nero starts in the forest?
3. How does Apollo get the queen ant to allow him and Meg to leave the ants' nest?
4. Who does Pete say Paulie had seen in the forest?
5. What does Apollo spend the evening doing after he defeats the Colossus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Apollo take down the myrmeke when he goes to their nest to rescue Meg?
2. Who puts out the fire the Nero starts in the forest before escaping, and how does Apollo feel about it?
3. What does Apollo do before he leaves Pete, and how does Pete react?
4. What does Nero tell Meg he will do when she asks what he wants?
5. What new weapons does Apollo pick up at the armory before heading back out to the woods, and why?
6. What does Pete tell Apollo the myrmeke usually do before eating their prey?
7. How does the Colossus deconstruct?
8. What and who did Apollo and Meg come across first while in the forest?
9. Who comes to campus in the middle of the battle against the Colossus?
10. What offering does Apollo give to the geyser god, and how does the geyser god react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how Apollo's relationship with Meg changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Apollo experiences a major physical change at the beginning of the novel. How does this change affect the way he views himself, physically and otherwise? How does this change affect his personal growth?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine how Apollo's sense of self-awareness changes throughout the novel. What events and relationships throughout the novel cause Apollo to be more aware of himself? Use evidence from the novel to support your claims.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)