|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Meg's side when the boys she hurt attack her?
2. What kinds of creatures are the shiny blobs?
3. Who does Apollo first encounter in the alley?
4. What is the name of one of the boys whom Meg injured?
5. What is the name of Camp Half-Blood's resident prophetess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Apollo learn about Meg's relationship to the Beast when they are camping out outside the forest?
2. Why do Connor Stoll and Sherman Yang want to get revenge on Meg on her first night at camp?
3. What does Apollo realized has changed about himself after his fall from Mount Olympus?
4. What news does Percy reveal on the car ride to Camp?
5. What does Chiron tell Apollo and Meg at Big House is the root cause of the Oracles not working?
6. Who are the first people Apollo meets in his new mortal life?
7. What happened in the forest when Apollo and Meg were walking to camp?
8. Why does Chiron insist that the campers participate in the three-legged death race despite all the disappearances?
9. What does Apollo say makes the Oracles so important?
10. What does Apollo do when Chiron keeps him from immediately going after Kayla and Austin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore how Apollo has demonstrated personal growth and improvement throughout the novel. How does the Apollo at the beginning of the novel differ from that at the end?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the mood of the novel. Is there one general mood, or are there several? What are they, and at what moments do they show themselves? Select three specific moments from the novel to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Apollo experiences a major physical change at the beginning of the novel. How does this change affect the way he views himself, physically and otherwise? How does this change affect his personal growth?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)