|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Meg?
2. What all-campus event is Harley orchestrating?
3. What is the name of one of the boys whom Meg injured?
4. Who does Apollo first encounter in the alley?
5. Who do Apollo and Meg hear first in the Labyrinth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Meg and Apollo eavesdrop on while they are in the Labyrinth, and what do they hear?
2. What creatures do Apollo, Percy, and Meg run into on the way to camp?
3. What does Apollo learn about Meg's relationship to the Beast when they are camping out outside the forest?
4. What did Apollo dream of when he made it to Camp Half-Blood?
5. Where do Meg and Apollo find themselves after Meg snatches the third golden apple?
6. Who comes to Apollo's rescue in the alleyway, and how?
7. What news does Percy reveal on the car ride to Camp?
8. Why does Chiron insist that the campers participate in the three-legged death race despite all the disappearances?
9. Who is the demigod who helps Apollo and Meg get to Camp Half-Blood?
10. Who are the first people Apollo meets in his new mortal life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you analyze Apollo as a heroic figure. Do you consider Apollo to be a hero? Why or why not? Use evidence from the novel to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore how Apollo has demonstrated personal growth and improvement throughout the novel. How does the Apollo at the beginning of the novel differ from that at the end?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you analyze the relationship between Meg and Apollo. What is the nature of this relationship, and how does is change or remain the same throughout the novel?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)