|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Uncle - Leni.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street is K.’s courtroom said to be located in “The First Hearing”?
(a) Kopenhagener Strasse
2. How old is Erna said to be in “His Uncle – Leni”?
3. By what nickname does the narrator say K. used to refer to his uncle as in “His Uncle – Leni”?
(a) The Elder from the Mountains
(b) The Wandering Gypsy
(c) The Ghost from the Country
(d) The Old Man on the Hill
4. What season is described in the opening of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
5. How many flats does the Usher say the student has been kicked out of in this building for sneaking into them to chase women in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The young woman in the Court Offices tells K. in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices,” “We, that is the staff here, decided that the information clerk, who is constantly dealing with the public and is their first contact with the court, ought to be given” what?
2. Uncle Karl says to K. in “His Uncle – Leni,” “Do you want to lose the trial? Do you know what that means? That means you’ll simply be” what?
3. What word from “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices” means to break away from constituted authority?
4. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
5. What word from “The Thrasher” means to secure or bring about by force?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)