|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Uncle - Leni.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When K. is met by scowling children on his way up the stairs to the courtroom in “The First Hearing,” he thinks to himself, “If I have to come here again, I’ll either have to bring some sweets, to win them over, or” what?
(a) My pocketbook to pay them
(b) My steel-toed boots to kick them
(c) My stick to beat them
(d) Some teacakes from my house
2. How many messengers are said to still be “working in dispatch in the little circle from a lamp” at K.’s offices in the beginning of “The Thrasher” as he leaves work?
3. What is the name of the young maid who works for Herr Huld in “His Uncle – Leni”?
4. At what time does Fraülein Bürstner return home in the evening as K. waits for her arrival in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
5. One of the guards being thrashed in “The Thrasher” tells K. that “it’s a tradition that” what “goes to the guards”?
(b) The linen
(c) The landlady
(d) The coffers
Short Answer Questions
1. What countries comprised the Central Powers in the beginning of World War I?
2. K. points out to Fraülein Bürstner that Frau Grubach is dependent on him for what reason in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. What physical defect does Herr Huld’s maid demonstrate for K. in “His Uncle – Leni”?
4. K. considers the Deputy Manager’s invitation to his party to be what, in “The First Hearing”?
5. Whose picture does K. show to Herr Huld’s maid when she asks about his lover in “His Uncle – Leni”?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)