|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through His Uncle - Leni.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When K. enters the hallway to see what the crashing sound was at Herr Huld’s home, Huld’s maid tells K. that the noise was caused by what, in “His Uncle – Leni”?
(a) A dog crashing into the kitchen
(b) Her throwing a plate against the wall
(c) An intruder trying to break into the house
(d) Her dropping the tea set
2. The Usher’s Wife tells K. that yesterday, the Examining Magistrate sent the student to her with a gift of what in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
(a) A box of chocolates
(b) A necklace
(c) Silk stockings
(d) A dozen roses
3. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
(a) Frau Grubach
(c) Fraülein Bürstner
4. The second book that K. examines in the courtroom in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices” is a novel titled what?
(a) Little Women
(b) The Torrential Downpour upon the Ungrateful and Unworthy
(c) The Torments Grete Had to Suffer from her Husband Hans
(d) The Trial
5. The narrator describes K. as generally staying at the office until what time in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Erna said to be in “His Uncle – Leni”?
2. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. What is the Thrasher’s outfit made from in “The Thrasher”?
4. When Fraülein Bürstner looks around her room for any signs of disorder after returning home, she remarks that what “have been messed up” in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
5. To whom does K. say in “The Thrasher,” “It’s about time you cleared out that lumber-room. We’re drowning in filth”?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)