1. Where does this story take place?
The story takes place in the Los Angeles, California, area. The majority of the events occur in Arroyo Blanco Estates and in Topanga State Park.
2. Describe the relationships between Delaney, Kyra, and Jordan.
Delaney and Kyra are married and live together. Jordan is Kyra's son from a previous relationship, making Delaney Jordan's stepfather.
3. What do Kyra and Delaney do for a living?
Kyra is a successful real estate agent, and Delaney writes a monthly column for a nature magazine.
4. Describe the first interaction between Delaney and Candidó.
Delaney and Candidó first meet when Delaney accidentally hits Candidó with his car. Candidó is badly injured, and Delaney gives him twenty dollars.
5. What sorts of injuries does Candidó suffer after being hit by a car?
After he is hit by a car, Candidó's face and hand are badly scratched. He has a concussion, which causes a fever and vomiting. Candidó's left arm is rendered useless, and his left cheekbone is shattered.
This section contains 2,781 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)