|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul feel being alone?
(d) Less Vulnerable.
2. Of what does the Truong toc warn Paul?
(a) That the Ngo family has bought a contract on Molly.
(b) That Yu was paid to give misleading information.
(c) That Paul will never find traces of Truong toc in this mystery.
(d) That the Ngo family has bought a contract on him.
3. What does Paul want Tom to do?
(a) Hide out in Switzerland.
(b) Come to Rome.
(c) Go back to the States.
(d) Get out of Vietnam.
4. Into what language will the strips in Chinese be rendered?
5. How does Yu explain himself?
(a) As a sojourning Chinese.
(b) As the son of a visionary.
(c) As a displaced Chinese.
(d) As a Vietnamese born as a Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gherman Klimenko?
2. What does Paul tell Glavanis and Eycken to do?
3. Where does Paul mail the accumulated documentation to himself in Washington, DC.?
4. What does Paul hand over to Ruiz?
5. In addition to two brothers and a foreigner, all marked for death, who else is involved in Yu's analysis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul finally break Pigeon and why does his method work? What do they do with Pigeon?
2. What do Paul and Tom discuss as they are at the bar having hot buttered rum?
3. What are some indications that Paul is feeling nervous or stressed?
4. How does Gherman Klimenko convince Paul that Klimenko knows Paul is not just a journalist.
5. What are Paul's instructions to the two men who are to break Pigeon?
6. What happens to Luong's killers?
7. How do Yu's horoscopes figure into the planning of the assassination of JFK?
8. Briefly sum up Molly's week with the Websters.
9. What does Paul learn during his visit to Yu Lung?
10. Why is Paul glad he is alone?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)