|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once used the Roman villa that Paul drives to?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Hitler and Eva.
(c) Mussolini's mistress and the SS.
(d) General Marshall.
2. What does Nsango go to explain to Ruiz?
(a) Why the Cuban government has abandoned them.
(b) That the money for their equipment is coming from Paul.
(c) Why the Ngo family betrays them.
(d) Paul's presence.
3. Where is Paul when Chapter 14 opens?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York City.
4. What does Yu Lung spread out on the table?
(a) A set of runes.
(b) Six sheets of rice paper covered with circles and Chinese writing.
(c) A set of IChing sticks.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
5. How does Yu explain himself?
(a) As a Vietnamese born as a Chinese.
(b) As a displaced Chinese.
(c) As a sojourning Chinese.
(d) As the son of a visionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What germ does Paul pretend he is going to inject in Pigeon?
2. What does Tom do as Paul tells him everything?
3. What does Paul tell Glavanis and Eycken to do?
4. Why would someone target Molly?
5. What has experience taught Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yu Lung.
2. What happens to Luong's killers?
3. Describe Paul's initial visit with Ruiz.
4. What is the response to Paul's report at the meeting and what does Trumbull decide to do and why?
5. Who does Paul select for breaking Frankie Pigeon and how does he motivate one of the two men?
6. How does Gherman Klimenko convince Paul that Klimenko knows Paul is not just a journalist.
7. How does Paul go to Rome and why does he go there?
8. What does Paul learn during his visit to Yu Lung?
9. How does Paul finally break Pigeon and why does his method work? What do they do with Pigeon?
10. With whom does Paul meet in Zurich and what do they do?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)