|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(b) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(c) The generals will fail.
(d) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
2. What does Kim say will open doors?
(a) Pretended sympathy to the communist cause.
(b) The name Lê Thu.
(c) Kim's name.
3. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(b) Jung Su.
(d) Ngo Diem.
4. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) Christopher's poetry.
(b) If Christopher is having an affair.
(c) The number of parties they attend each month.
(d) Their jewelry.
5. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) Christopher's case officer.
(d) A Secret Service agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
2. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
3. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
4. Who is Piero Cremona?
5. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Truong toc and which Truong toc does Paul talk with and what transpires?
2. What does Paul do in response to the letter from David?
3. What do David and Paul talk about when they meet at the Statler Hotel?
4. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
5. Describe Molly, Paul Christopher's current girlfriend.
6. What demonstrates that Paul is still at risk despite the Truong toc saying Paul is harmless and to let him live?
7. What does David Patchen think about Foley?
8. What is ironic about Piero Cremona's statement about the United States Marines when reading this book in the present time?
9. Describe Paul's visit with the Ngo Truong toc.
10. Describe Paul Christopher's section chief, Barney Wolkowicz.
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)