|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul love Molly?
(a) She is not part of his past.
(b) She is funny and charming.
(c) She accepts him for himself.
(d) She allows him the space he needs.
2. What does Paul think political murders are usually about?
(c) Righting a situation.
3. Who is Piero Cremona?
(a) A Communist journalist.
(b) A right-wing, Christian journalist.
(c) A Libertine journalist.
(d) A Fascist journalist.
4. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The generals will fail.
(b) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
(c) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(d) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
5. What has disappeared for Christopher?
(a) His talent to write poetry.
(b) His talent to write short stories.
(c) His talent to write plays.
(d) His talent to write novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wolkowicz?
2. What happens to Paul's car?
3. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
4. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
5. Why will learning a connection to Lê Thu be difficult right now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Paul meet on the outskirts of Elisabethville and for what reason?
2. How does Paul avoid going to jail in Vietnam?
3. Briefly describe the discussion during the dinner with Christopher, the Websters, Foley and Peggy McKinney.
4. Briefly sum up Molly's week with the Websters.
5. Why does Luong face death?
6. What does Paul learn during his visit to Yu Lung?
7. Describe the dinner conversation between Kim and Paul.
8. What does Paul insist upon before he will discuss the report and what is Turnbull's reply?
9. What does the letter from David say?
10. Who does Luong send Paul to talk to and why does he recommend Paul talking to this person?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)