|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has disappeared for Christopher?
(a) His talent to write poetry.
(b) His talent to write plays.
(c) His talent to write short stories.
(d) His talent to write novels.
2. With whom does Paul have dinner before his 10 PM flight?
(a) Nguyen Van Nhung.
(b) Trevor Hitchcock and his wife, Theresa.
(c) Dương Văn Minh.
3. What does Foley refuse to do?
(a) Talk to LBJ.
(b) Transfer David.
(c) Pull Paul off the case.
(d) Release any secret documents.
4. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
5. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They like the lunch buffet.
(b) They fear eavesdropping.
(c) That is where Paul is staying.
(d) They know the security manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim explain to Paul?
2. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
3. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
4. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
5. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do David and Paul talk about when they meet at the Statler Hotel?
2. Who does Luong send Paul to talk to and why does he recommend Paul talking to this person?
3. Who does Paul go to meet in Léopoldville and describe the person.
4. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
5. Describe Nguyên Kim.
6. What is ironic about Piero Cremona's statement about the United States Marines when reading this book in the present time?
7. What does Paul learn when he visits Wolkowicz' compound?
8. Why does Luong face death?
9. Describe Paul's case worker, Tom Webster.
10. What is Foley's "public" response to Paul's hypothesis about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)