|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
(a) The Truong toc says Paul is more dangerous as a dead martyr.
(b) The Truong toc declares him harmless.
(c) The Truong toc says enough bloodshed has gone on.
(d) The Truong toc will consider it.
2. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they are ruthless.
(b) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
(c) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
(d) That they never forget a wrong.
3. What does Paul offer Kim?
(a) A way to sneak back into Vietnam.
(b) Two hundred dollars per each good contact up to ten contacts.
(c) Help in relocating to the United States.
(d) A way to recover some of his fortune.
4. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(b) The generals will fail.
(c) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
(d) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
5. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(b) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
(c) That Kim is a dead man.
(d) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
2. What does Paul need to investigate the JFK assassination?
3. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
4. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
5. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul Christopher thinking about as he boards a plane in Bangkok?
2. Give a brief description of Paul Christopher.
3. Who does Paul go to meet in Léopoldville and describe the person.
4. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
5. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
6. Why does Luong face death?
7. What does David Patchen think about Foley?
8. What does Foley really believe about Paul's theory about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
9. Describe Molly, Paul Christopher's current girlfriend.
10. What is ironic about Piero Cremona's statement about the United States Marines when reading this book in the present time?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)