|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Truong toc deny?
(a) A vendetta agains Ngo Diem.
(b) Access to information Paul desires.
(c) A vendetta against Luong.
(d) A plot to kill JFK.
2. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A request for Paul to be fired.
(b) A letter to Webster.
(c) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
(d) A letter to Wolkowicz.
3. What becomes Paul's alias?
(a) P. C. Walker.
(b) P.S. Runner.
(c) P. S. Offen.
(d) Chris Paulson.
4. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
(a) A letter for his parents if he does not return.
(b) A ring.
(c) A will.
(d) A letter for David if Paul does not return.
5. What does Foley refuse to do?
(a) Release any secret documents.
(b) Transfer David.
(c) Talk to LBJ.
(d) Pull Paul off the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luong renamed in death?
2. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
3. What do the Ngos need?
4. What does Foley believe?
5. With what does Webster have difficulty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luong face death?
2. What is ironic about Piero Cremona's statement about the United States Marines when reading this book in the present time?
3. Give a brief description of Paul Christopher.
4. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
5. Describe Molly, Paul Christopher's current girlfriend.
6. What does David Patchen think about Foley?
7. What do David and Paul talk about when they meet at the Statler Hotel?
8. What does Foley really believe about Paul's theory about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
9. What is the Truong toc and which Truong toc does Paul talk with and what transpires?
10. Who does Luong send Paul to talk to and why does he recommend Paul talking to this person?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)