|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's letter quote?
(a) One of the Ngo brothers.
(b) The raven.
(c) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(d) A line from The Wasteland.
2. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) Valuable information.
(c) Some incriminating photographs.
(d) A bribe.
3. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(c) Luong's widow.
(d) The Truong toc.
4. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(b) Ngo Diem.
(d) Jung Su.
5. Why is David disqualified from field work?
(a) His father is a Russian citizen.
(b) He is unwilling to carry a weapon.
(c) His facial paralysis and limp.
(d) His father supervises field workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Foley label Paul's hypothesis?
2. What is Luong renamed in death?
3. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
4. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
5. With what does Webster have difficulty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's case worker, Tom Webster.
2. What sudden revelation does Paul have and how does he have it?
3. What do David and Paul talk about when they meet at the Statler Hotel?
4. How does Paul Christopher feel about Nsango?
5. Give a brief description of Paul Christopher.
6. What does Paul tell Ho he wants to know and why he wants to know it?
7. What is Foley's "public" response to Paul's hypothesis about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
8. What does Paul do in response to the letter from David?
9. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
10. What is the Truong toc and which Truong toc does Paul talk with and what transpires?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)