|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A secret liaision in Washington.
(d) A way to escape.
2. What does Paul offer Kim?
(a) A way to recover some of his fortune.
(b) Help in relocating to the United States.
(c) Two hundred dollars per each good contact up to ten contacts.
(d) A way to sneak back into Vietnam.
3. Who is Nsango?
(a) The Prime Minister of Mozambique.
(b) The leader of a rebellion in South Africa.
(c) A revolutionary in Argentina.
(d) Tthe Sorbonne-educated revolutionary, who may yet become Prime Minister
4. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
(b) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(c) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
(d) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
5. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
(a) Ngo Tan Khoi.
(c) Ngo Diem.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do David and Paul meet?
2. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
3. What does Paul not want to talk about?
4. Who is Piero Cremona?
5. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's case worker, Tom Webster.
2. How does Paul avoid going to jail in Vietnam?
3. Who does Luong send Paul to talk to and why does he recommend Paul talking to this person?
4. Describe Paul Christopher's section chief, Barney Wolkowicz.
5. Describe Molly, Paul Christopher's current girlfriend.
6. What is Paul Christopher thinking about as he boards a plane in Bangkok?
7. Describe Nguyên Kim.
8. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
9. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
10. What does the letter from David say?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)