|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(c) Indifference to the United States.
(d) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
2. Who is Wolkowicz?
(a) Christopher's ex-wife's new husband.
(b) Christopher's section chief.
(c) Christopher's lawyer.
(d) The head of Intelligence in the Western United States.
3. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a cypher.
(b) As a sycophant.
(c) As a man of action.
(d) As a patsy.
4. What does David's letter quote?
(a) A line from The Wasteland.
(b) One of the Ngo brothers.
(c) The raven.
(d) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
5. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
(a) He does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
2. Who is Piero Cremona?
3. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
4. Why will learning a connection to Lê Thu be difficult right now?
5. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul tell Ho he wants to know and why he wants to know it?
2. Who does Paul go to meet in Léopoldville and describe the person.
3. Why does Luong face death?
4. What does the letter from David say?
5. Who does Luong send Paul to talk to and why does he recommend Paul talking to this person?
6. What does David Patchen think about Foley?
7. What is the key phrase that Kim speaks that makes Paul realize who may be responsible for JFK's death and what does Paul do after the realization?
8. What does Paul learn when he visits Wolkowicz' compound?
9. How do Paul and his Paul's ex-wife view Paul's talent at seeing mental images?
10. What is Paul Christopher thinking about as he boards a plane in Bangkok?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)