|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul think political murders are usually about?
(a) Righting a situation.
2. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
(a) A note from Wolkowicz.
(b) Signs that the Ngos bodyguards have rifled his hotel room.
(c) Luong's dead body.
(d) A doll with blood all over it on his bed at his motel.
3. What becomes Paul's alias?
(a) Chris Paulson.
(b) P.S. Runner.
(c) P. C. Walker.
(d) P. S. Offen.
4. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
(a) With sorrow, information and money.
(c) They think Paul is wise to resign.
5. What does Wolkowicz think Christopher is doing with Luong?
(a) Feeding him false hope.
(b) Not getting enough information for the money Luong is being paid.
(c) Coddling him.
(d) Giving him money to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
2. With what does Webster have difficulty?
3. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
4. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
5. With whom does Paul have dinner before his 10 PM flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David Patchen think about Foley?
2. What is ironic about Piero Cremona's statement about the United States Marines when reading this book in the present time?
3. What does the letter from David say?
4. Describe Paul's case worker, Tom Webster.
5. What is Foley's "public" response to Paul's hypothesis about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
6. What is probably foreshadowed in Paul's dinner meeting with the Hitchocks?
7. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
8. What is the key phrase that Kim speaks that makes Paul realize who may be responsible for JFK's death and what does Paul do after the realization?
9. Describe Paul's visit with the Ngo Truong toc.
10. What does Foley really believe about Paul's theory about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)