|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phuoc recommend Paul seek?
(a) Yu Lung.
(b) One of his own kind.
(c) The wife of Ngo Diem.
(d) The killer of Luong.
2. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
3. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
(b) A telegram about Christopher's father.
(c) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
(d) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
4. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A Tass agent.
(b) A rogue Soviet agent.
(c) Tom's contact in the USSR.
(d) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
5. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
(b) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
(c) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
(d) An agent for the USSR.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
2. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
3. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
4. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
5. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Paul go to meet in Léopoldville and describe the person.
2. What does Paul learn when he visits Wolkowicz' compound?
3. Briefly describe the discussion during the dinner with Christopher, the Websters, Foley and Peggy McKinney.
4. How do Paul and his Paul's ex-wife view Paul's talent at seeing mental images?
5. Describe Paul's case worker, Tom Webster.
6. What does Paul do in response to the letter from David?
7. Give a brief description of Paul Christopher.
8. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
9. Whose corpse does Paul go to see and what is he told there?
10. What is probably foreshadowed in Paul's dinner meeting with the Hitchocks?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)