|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) That Kim is a dead man.
(b) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
(c) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
(d) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
2. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
(a) To show more respect to an older male.
(b) To be kept from answering the garden door.
(c) To learn better English.
(d) To hide her contempt.
3. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(a) Luong's widow.
(b) The Truong toc.
4. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) His father is dying.
(b) His mother is dying.
(c) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(d) He is told to return by Tom.
5. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
2. Who is Wolkowicz?
3. Who does Paul contact in Vietnam?
4. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
5. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul tell Ho he wants to know and why he wants to know it?
2. How does Paul Christopher feel about Nsango?
3. What is the Truong toc and which Truong toc does Paul talk with and what transpires?
4. How does Paul avoid going to jail in Vietnam?
5. What demonstrates that Paul is still at risk despite the Truong toc saying Paul is harmless and to let him live?
6. Who does Paul go to meet in Léopoldville and describe the person.
7. Why are the Soviets concerned about Lee Harvey Oswald being JFK's assassin, and what action do the Soviets take?
8. What do David and Paul talk about when they meet at the Statler Hotel?
9. What is Paul Christopher thinking about as he boards a plane in Bangkok?
10. What is Foley's "public" response to Paul's hypothesis about the connection between the JFK assassination and the Ngo family?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)