|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would someone target Molly?
(a) Because Paul is not vulnerable to fear but is to guilt.
(b) She is pregnant with Paul's child.
(c) She has helped Paul find the initial leads in the investigation.
(d) She is easier to target.
2. Who is Paul visiting?
(a) Dieter Dimpel.
(b) Tom Webster.
(c) Piero Cremona.
(d) Alvaro Urpi's mentor.
3. How will the Ngos have to catch Paul in order to kill him?
(b) In the open.
(c) In a crowd.
(d) In a different country than Italy.
4. What is Pigeon used to?
(a) Eating well.
(b) Being protected.
(c) Having lots of good-looking women.
(d) Having lots of money.
5. What does Paul buy in Milan?
(a) Skiing equipment.
(b) A four wheeler.
(c) Climbing and photography equipment.
(d) Life insurance with Molly as the beneficiary.
6. Who does Paul meet after dark?
7. For what do they all meet in the bar?
(a) To discuss the next place they will go.
(b) A toast to victory.
(c) To discuss precautions.
(d) Hot buttered rum.
8. What does Paul show Phuoc?
(a) The reading from Yu.
(b) His brother's killer's photos.
(c) The letter to Luong from Webster.
(d) The pages Paul takes from Yu.
9. What does Tom say is a mistake?
(a) Leaving behind a trail of angry Vietnamese.
(b) Being with Molly.
(c) Coming to Zermatt.
(d) Going to Washington, D. C. with the evidence.
10. With what do they bombard Pigeon?
(c) Dissonant noise.
11. Who is Gherman Klimenko?
(a) One of the men in Yu's reading.
(b) A Swiss banker with ties to the Ngo family.
(c) A Swedish merchant with ties to the Ngo family.
(d) The man Paul meets at the Pietà.
12. What is fine and poetic in a rare idiom?
(a) The strips from Yu.
(b) The letters from the Turong toc.
(c) Paul's poetry.
(d) Some poetry Paul finds while in Milan.
13. What does Wolkowicz agree to mail for Paul?
(a) An envelope to Phuoc.
(b) A envelope to Webster.
(c) An envelope to Pong.
(d) An envelope to the Truong toc.
14. What is secondary in Paul's investigation?
(a) The money trail.
(b) Oswald's murder.
(c) LBJ's involvement.
(d) The Ngo family's murders.
15. How does Yu explain himself?
(a) As the son of a visionary.
(b) As a sojourning Chinese.
(c) As a Vietnamese born as a Chinese.
(d) As a displaced Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul head after renting a car?
2. Who has been followed?
3. Why does Paul panic when he first arrives at his apartment in Rome?
4. What germ does Paul pretend he is going to inject in Pigeon?
5. What does Yu demand to talk about?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)