|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what language will the strips in Chinese be rendered?
2. Why does Paul panic when he first arrives at his apartment in Rome?
(a) He cannot find Molly.
(b) He cannot find his secret stash of money.
(c) He has a flashback.
(d) He cannot find the documents he has collected in his investigation.
3. What does Tom say is a mistake?
(a) Leaving behind a trail of angry Vietnamese.
(b) Being with Molly.
(c) Going to Washington, D. C. with the evidence.
(d) Coming to Zermatt.
4. Where do Klimenko and Paul agree to next meet?
(a) The Trevi Fountain.
(b) Shelly's grave.
(c) The Colosseum.
(d) The Acropolis.
5. Who is Alvaro Urpi?
(a) A Cardinal in Bavaria.
(b) An agent with the KGB.
(c) A 40-year veteran of the Vatican Library and an expert in all dialects of Chinese.
(d) One of the four men Yu refers to.
6. What is the meaning of feng shui in Asia?
7. Where does Paul park his car?
(a) In a place where it will be towed into police custody.
(b) In Venice.
(c) Near his old apartment.
(d) In a place that if it explodes it will harm no one.
8. How does Yu explain himself?
(a) As a sojourning Chinese.
(b) As the son of a visionary.
(c) As a Vietnamese born as a Chinese.
(d) As a displaced Chinese.
9. What does November 22 form as far as Yu's readings is concerned?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A pentagram.
(c) An elegance.
(d) A symbolic message.
10. Who drops through a manhole cover which Paul then closes?
11. How will the Ngos have to catch Paul in order to kill him?
(b) In a crowd.
(c) In the open.
(d) In a different country than Italy.
12. What is on Paul's mind as he goes to an abandoned village?
(b) Killing Ruiz.
(d) Killing Nsango.
13. What is Pigeon used to?
(a) Having lots of good-looking women.
(b) Eating well.
(c) Having lots of money.
(d) Being protected.
14. Who once used the Roman villa that Paul drives to?
(a) Mussolini's mistress and the SS.
(b) The Pope.
(c) General Marshall.
(d) Hitler and Eva.
15. What does Paul want Tom to do?
(a) Go back to the States.
(b) Come to Rome.
(c) Hide out in Switzerland.
(d) Get out of Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Pigeon's weaknesses?
2. What is Molly wearing when Paul arrives?
3. Whose methods do Paul's match?
4. What is fine and poetic in a rare idiom?
5. What does Yu explain about horoscopy?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)