|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul meet after dark?
2. What is Pigeon used to?
(a) Eating well.
(b) Having lots of good-looking women.
(c) Having lots of money.
(d) Being protected.
3. What does Tom say is a mistake?
(a) Going to Washington, D. C. with the evidence.
(b) Coming to Zermatt.
(c) Being with Molly.
(d) Leaving behind a trail of angry Vietnamese.
4. What does Yu Lung spread out on the table?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) A set of IChing sticks.
(c) A set of runes.
(d) Six sheets of rice paper covered with circles and Chinese writing.
5. What does Yu demand to talk about?
(a) Lê Thu.
(b) The path of rightness.
(c) The Viet Cong plans.
(d) The path of revenge.
6. What does Paul show Phuoc?
(a) The letter to Luong from Webster.
(b) The pages Paul takes from Yu.
(c) His brother's killer's photos.
(d) The reading from Yu.
7. Where does Paul send Molly?
(a) To an Outfit safe house in Paris.
(b) Back to the United States.
(c) With the Websters on their Zermatt vacation.
(d) To an Outfit safe house in Zurich.
8. Where is Paul when Chapter 14 opens?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
9. To whom is one of the men who is also a foreigner predisposed?
(a) The Illuminati.
(b) Ngo Diem.
(c) The Catholic church.
(d) Ma A Phien, the opium ghost.
10. To whom does Paul mail a postcard?
(c) Don Wolf.
(d) Dieter Dimpel
11. Why are they giving Pigeon 12 hours alone?
(a) To worry.
(b) To think about an escape plan.
(c) So he will possibly kill himself.
(d) To recover.
12. Who has been followed?
(a) Le Wong.
(d) Thu Diem.
13. What has experience taught Paul?
(a) That treachery cannot teach or save.
(b) That worry causes mistakes.
(c) That fear is deadly.
(d) That most threats are never carried out.
14. How does the kidnapping go?
(d) They had to kill several people.
15. How does Urpi describes Yu's analysis?
(a) As very disturbing.
(b) As a conundrum.
(c) As incomprehensible.
(d) As obscure and metaphorical, too beautiful to deal with murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom have to rent?
2. Where do Klimenko and Paul agree to next meet?
3. With what do they bombard Pigeon?
4. What does Yu not touch while Paul is there?
5. Who has refused to read Paul's information?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)