|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Glavanis and Eycken do to Pigeon's bodyguards?
(a) Not kill them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Interrogate them.
(d) Drug them.
2. What does Molly tell Tom about what Paul is doing?
(a) Just the part about why Molly might be in danger.
(b) Just the part about Luong.
3. Why does Paul drive to Milan?
(a) He is to meet Webster there.
(b) He must meet Molly there.
(c) He is to pick up more spending money there.
(d) Its airport is less likely to be watched.
4. About what does Molly worry?
(a) Killing the wrong person.
(b) Nothing as she trusts Paul to keep her safe.
(c) Being involved in something she cannot control.
(d) A trap.
5. Under whose influence are the doomed men?
(a) The moon.
(b) Ma Tham Vong.
(c) The hosts of the overworld.
(d) The hosts of the underworld.
6. How will the Ngos have to catch Paul in order to kill him?
(a) In a crowd.
(b) In the open.
(c) In a different country than Italy.
7. What does Tom say is a mistake?
(a) Coming to Zermatt.
(b) Going to Washington, D. C. with the evidence.
(c) Leaving behind a trail of angry Vietnamese.
(d) Being with Molly.
8. With what do they bombard Pigeon?
(a) Dissonant noise.
9. How does Urpi describes Yu's analysis?
(a) As very disturbing.
(b) As incomprehensible.
(c) As obscure and metaphorical, too beautiful to deal with murder.
(d) As a conundrum.
10. Who once used the Roman villa that Paul drives to?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Hitler and Eva.
(c) General Marshall.
(d) Mussolini's mistress and the SS.
11. How does Paul get to Elisabethville?
(a) Via Khartoum, Nairobi, Salisbury, and Lusaka.
(b) By another rental car.
(c) On a bus.
(d) By train.
12. Where does the caller with the accent want to meet?
(a) St. Jerome's.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Peter's.
(d) St. Ignacio's.
13. What does Yu explain about horoscopy?
(a) It is only used by Buddhists.
(b) It predisposes rather than predestines.
(c) It is very exact.
(d) It is not the same as astrology.
14. What does Tom have to rent?
(a) A band for his and Sybille's anniversary.
(b) A car.
(c) A private jet.
(d) The headwaiter's tailcoat.
15. How does Yu explain himself?
(a) As a displaced Chinese.
(b) As the son of a visionary.
(c) As a Vietnamese born as a Chinese.
(d) As a sojourning Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important in Asia?
2. What germ does Paul pretend he is going to inject in Pigeon?
3. What does Paul tell Glavanis and Eycken to do?
4. What is fine and poetic in a rare idiom?
5. Who has been followed?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)