|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(b) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
(c) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
(d) That Kim is a dead man.
2. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(b) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(c) The generals will fail.
(d) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
3. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The hot report.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The New York Times.
4. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He has to stay in Washington, D.C. the entire war even though he wants to fight to liberate Poland.
(c) He is a spy in Germany.
(d) He is a spy in Poland.
5. Where does David's letter send Paul?
(a) To a specific box in the Union de Banques Suisses.
(b) To Venice to a former employee of the Outfit.
(c) To Brussels to a self-service storage facility.
(d) To St. Peter's Basilica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David Patchen say Foley wants?
2. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
3. Where does Paul plan to travel?
4. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
5. What does David's letter quote?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)