|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The generals will fail.
(b) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
(c) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(d) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
2. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Why JFK is assassinated.
(b) Why Ngo Diem hates Buddhists.
(c) Why his wife leaves him.
(d) Why his girlfriend will not marry him.
3. What does Foley refuse to do?
(a) Pull Paul off the case.
(b) Talk to LBJ.
(c) Transfer David.
(d) Release any secret documents.
4. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They fear eavesdropping.
(b) They like the lunch buffet.
(c) That is where Paul is staying.
(d) They know the security manager.
5. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Give rewards to those who support him.
(b) Be assassinated.
(c) Live up to his committments.
(d) Fold under pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Paul's alias?
2. What do the Ngos need?
3. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
4. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
5. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)