|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(a) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
(c) Indifference to the United States.
2. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
(a) Only Paul.
(b) Neither Paul nor David are good at that.
(c) Both Paul and David.
(d) Only David.
3. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Live up to his committments.
(b) Fold under pressure.
(c) Give rewards to those who support him.
(d) Be assassinated.
4. What does Paul offer Kim?
(a) A way to sneak back into Vietnam.
(b) Two hundred dollars per each good contact up to ten contacts.
(c) A way to recover some of his fortune.
(d) Help in relocating to the United States.
5. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a man of action.
(b) As a sycophant.
(c) As a patsy.
(d) As a cypher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David's letter send Paul?
2. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
3. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
4. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
5. What convinces Paul he loves his girlfriend?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)