Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
3. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
4. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
5. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
Essay Topic 1
While Castaneda is in the role of the student in this story, he is also in the role of the researcher.
Part 1: Does Castaneda's need to collect information for his project get in the way of his work with Matus? How?
Part 2: Do you think Castaneda is biased in his work with Matus? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might Castaneda have better balanced his roles as a student and researcher in order to get more out of each role?
Essay Topic 2
At many points of the story, Matus does not give Castaneda answers to his questions, leading to confusion and often frustration in Castaneda.
Part 1: List at least two questions that Castaneda asks of Matus but does not get an answer for.
Part 2: Why do you think Matus chooses not to answer some of Castaneda's questions, but does choose to answer others?
Part 3: Do you think Castaneda would learn more if Matus told him everything up front? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, Castaneda is slowly led to the answers he is looking for, through the careful instruction by Matus. At times, the lessons are quite difficult and at other times, they can seem like common sense.
Part 1: Describe the process in which Castaneda has to collect the ingredients to make his own smoke.
Part 2: Why is it important for Castaneda to learn this long and drawn out process?
Part 3: Why do you think the process of learning about smoke mixture creation is so long and detailed?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)