Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
3. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
4. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
5. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
There is a lot of ritual and ceremony in this book, often to encourage the spirits of the plants to work with Castaneda or with Matus.
Part 1: Define the idea of ritual and of ceremony as it is seen in this book.
Part 2: Why is it important that the men attach a ritual or a ceremony to the work they do?
Part 3: What might happen without the addition of ritual or of ceremony? Does it not matter if these aspects are included or not?
In the story, Castaneda is slowly led to the answers he is looking for, through the careful instruction by Matus. At times, the lessons are quite difficult and at other times, they can seem like common sense.
Part 1: Describe the process in which Castaneda has to collect the ingredients to make his own smoke.
Part 2: Why is it important for Castaneda to learn this long and drawn out process?
Part 3: Why do you think the process of learning about smoke mixture creation is so long and detailed?
A skeptic might have troubles believing the events which take place in this book, according to Castaneda's notes.
Part 1: Describe one peyote experience of Castaneda's.
Part 2: Do you think these events Castaneda documented actually happened? Why or why not?
Part 3: In what ways do you think Castaneda could have made his descriptions more convincing? Or is what he wrote enough?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)