Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
3. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
4. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
5. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Matus and Castaneda is the guiding force in the story, each helping the other learn and grow in their understanding of themselves.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Matus and Castaneda at the beginning of this book, before their work together begins.
Part 2: Compare and contrast the relationship between Matus and Castaneda from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. What changes?
Part 3: Why do you think Matus took Castaneda on as a student? What reasons might he have had outside of what he shared?
Essay Topic 2
There are three main guides that seem to help Castaneda during the course of the story such as protectors, benefactors, and allies.
Part 1: Define each of the following terms: protectors, benefactors, and allies.
Part 2: What do each of these guides have to teach to Castaneda?
Part 3: Which of the guides do you think would help you the most? Why did you choose the guide you did?
Essay Topic 3
When Castaneda has to fight other spirits which mean him harm, we can see just how engaged he must be in his work.
Part 1: Why does Castaneda recognize the spirits he fights to be out to harm him?
Part 2: What might have happened if Castaneda did not try to fight back?
Part 3: What was the purpose of the fighting with those imitators? What does this teach Castaneda?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)