Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
3. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
4. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
5. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
Essay Topic 1
The sewing of the lizards is a harsh scene in the book.
Part 1: Describe the sewing of the lizards and why this is done in the story.
Part 2: Wouldn't this harming of the animals be hurting nature and somehow not being grateful to it? Isn't this in direct opposition to the way Matus treats the rest of the gifts of nature?
Part 3: What was your reaction to the images of the lizards? Did you believe this to actually have happened?
Essay Topic 2
The lessons Castaneda learns during this story are many, both from the medicines he takes and the discussions with Matus.
Part 1: List at least three lessons Castaneda has learned from his work with Matus.
Part 2: How has Castaneda changed as a person since beginning the work with Matus?
Part 3: Do you think Castaneda is forever changed by his experiences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While Castaneda is in the role of the student in this story, he is also in the role of the researcher.
Part 1: Does Castaneda's need to collect information for his project get in the way of his work with Matus? How?
Part 2: Do you think Castaneda is biased in his work with Matus? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might Castaneda have better balanced his roles as a student and researcher in order to get more out of each role?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)