Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
2. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
3. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
2. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
3. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
4. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
5. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
6. How does Datura enslave her followers, according to Castaneda?
7. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
8. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
9. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
10. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
The relationship between Matus and Castaneda is the guiding force in the story, each helping the other learn and grow in their understanding of themselves.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Matus and Castaneda at the beginning of this book, before their work together begins.
Part 2: Compare and contrast the relationship between Matus and Castaneda from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. What changes?
Part 3: Why do you think Matus took Castaneda on as a student? What reasons might he have had outside of what he shared?
A skeptic might have troubles believing the events which take place in this book, according to Castaneda's notes.
Part 1: Describe one peyote experience of Castaneda's.
Part 2: Do you think these events Castaneda documented actually happened? Why or why not?
Part 3: In what ways do you think Castaneda could have made his descriptions more convincing? Or is what he wrote enough?
The work with Mescalito is intense and in the end quite satisfying for Castaneda.
Part 1: Describe two of the experiences Castaneda has with Mescalito.
Part 2: Does Mescalito seem to be helping Castaneda in his questions and in his lessons? Why or why not?
Part 3: Is Mescalito a separate entity or is it something that is within Castaneda? How did you come to your answer?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)