|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) The lizard's message.
(b) The bird.
(c) Singing at the ceremony.
(d) Matus' words.
2. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
3. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(b) Good weather.
(c) Bad weather.
4. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
5. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
2. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
3. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
4. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
5. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
2. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
3. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
4. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
5. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
6. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
7. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
8. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
9. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
10. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)