|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must like Castaneda very much because of where Castaneda placed the paste?
(d) Devil's weed.
2. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(a) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(c) In bed.
3. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
4. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(b) Learned a lesson.
(d) Gotten into anything.
5. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So weak.
(b) So truthful.
(c) So strong.
(d) So daring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
2. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
3. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
4. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
5. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
2. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
3. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
4. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
5. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
6. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
7. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
8. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
9. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
10. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)