|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He is violently ill.
(b) He doesn't feel anything.
(c) He does not have a song.
(d) He can't move.
2. Castaneda is profoundly distressed for hours, a common occurrence among those who lack _____________.
(a) A benefactor.
(d) Unbending intent.
3. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
4. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(a) Boiling point.
(b) Dangerous threshold.
(c) New level of consciousness.
5. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(a) Touching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
2. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
3. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
4. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
5. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
2. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
3. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
4. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
5. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
6. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
7. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
8. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
9. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
10. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)