|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) His soul would have been taken away for good.
(c) He would have won the battle.
(d) Matus isn't sure.
2. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
(a) Be condemned to bad luck.
(b) Be punished.
(d) Be tested harshly.
3. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
4. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
5. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
2. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
3. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
4. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
5. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
2. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
3. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
4. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
5. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
6. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
7. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
8. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
9. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
10. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)