|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(a) Touching him.
2. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
3. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
4. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(b) Shape shifters.
5. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Promises to help the lizards.
(b) Hides by a cactus.
(c) Runs into the water.
(d) Sings to the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
2. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
3. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
4. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
5. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
2. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
3. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
4. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
5. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
6. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
7. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
8. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
9. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
10. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)