|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
2. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(b) Touching him.
3. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
4. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
5. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
2. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
3. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
4. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
5. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
2. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
3. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
4. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
5. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
6. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
7. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
8. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
9. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
10. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)