|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
(b) Throw rocks and give a loud cry.
(c) Sing to them.
(d) Make a peace offering.
2. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(c) Plead mercy.
3. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
4. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
5. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(a) New level of consciousness.
(c) Boiling point.
(d) Dangerous threshold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
2. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
3. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
4. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
5. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
2. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
3. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
4. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
5. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
6. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
7. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
8. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
9. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
10. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)