|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
2. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to offer them a hair.
(b) He has to speak to them first.
(c) He has to smoke first.
(d) He has to leave the ceremony early.
3. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
(a) Throw rocks and give a loud cry.
(b) Sing to them.
(d) Make a peace offering.
4. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) A lizard.
(b) Sea kelp.
(d) A snake.
5. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He doesn't feel anything.
(b) He can't move.
(c) He does not have a song.
(d) He is violently ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
2. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
3. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
4. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
5. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
2. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
3. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
5. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
6. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
7. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
8. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
9. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
10. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)