|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
2. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
3. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must find a new teacher.
(b) He must give up sorcery.
(c) He has failed.
(d) He is not the chosen one.
4. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
5. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
2. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
3. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
4. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
5. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
2. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
3. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
5. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
6. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
7. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
8. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
9. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
10. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)