|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Follow instructions.
(b) Do any real work.
(c) Be able to go on.
(d) Be serious about his intentions.
2. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
3. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(b) Drink water.
(d) Close his eyes.
4. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
5. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
2. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
3. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
4. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
5. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
2. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
3. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
4. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
5. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
6. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
7. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
8. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
9. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
10. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)