|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
2. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
(a) Noble power.
(c) Real truth.
3. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
4. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
(a) The door.
(b) The roof.
(c) The shower curtain.
(d) The plant.
5. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
2. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
3. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
4. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
5. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
2. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
3. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
4. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
5. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
6. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
7. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
8. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
9. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
10. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)