|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must find a new teacher.
(b) He is not the chosen one.
(c) He must give up sorcery.
(d) He has failed.
2. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Good weather.
3. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
4. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(b) Dangerous threshold.
(c) Boiling point.
(d) New level of consciousness.
5. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
2. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
3. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
4. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
5. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
2. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
3. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
4. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
5. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
6. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
7. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
8. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
9. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
10. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)