|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(a) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(d) In bed.
2. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He lacks a guide and must stop forever.
(b) He must find a new ally
(c) He has to kill Matus.
3. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
4. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(a) Good weather.
(c) Bad weather.
5. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
2. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
3. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
4. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
5. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
2. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
3. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
4. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
5. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
6. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
7. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
8. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
9. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
10. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)