|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
(a) Hey boy!
(b) Hey you!
(c) You are nothing.
(d) What are you doing?
3. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
4. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
5. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
2. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
3. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
4. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
5. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
2. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
3. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
4. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
5. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
6. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
7. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
8. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
9. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
10. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)