|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
2. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
3. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
4. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Good weather.
5. Castaneda is profoundly distressed for hours, a common occurrence among those who lack _____________.
(c) Unbending intent.
(d) A benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
2. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
3. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
4. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
5. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
2. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
3. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
4. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
5. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
6. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
7. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
8. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
9. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
10. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)