|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) A snake.
(b) Sea kelp.
(c) A lizard.
2. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
3. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(c) Learned a lesson.
(d) Gotten into anything.
4. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
(a) He feels he is going crazy.
(b) He cannot find the lizards.
(c) He is leaving him forever.
(d) He doesn't know the next step.
5. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) He would have won the battle.
(b) Matus isn't sure.
(d) His soul would have been taken away for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
2. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
3. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
4. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
5. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
2. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
3. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
4. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
5. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
6. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
7. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
8. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
9. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
10. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)