|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Secret plant names.
(b) Matus' pipe.
(c) Songs and chants.
(d) Smoke mixture.
2. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
3. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(c) Stack of papers.
4. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
(a) He doesn't know the next step.
(b) He feels he is going crazy.
(c) He cannot find the lizards.
(d) He is leaving him forever.
5. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
2. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
3. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
4. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
5. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
2. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
3. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
4. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
5. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
6. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
7. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
8. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
9. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
10. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)