|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Learned a lesson.
(b) Gotten into anything.
(d) Done anything special.
2. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Follow instructions.
(b) Be able to go on.
(c) Be serious about his intentions.
(d) Do any real work.
3. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
4. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
5. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
2. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
3. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
4. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
5. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
2. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
3. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
4. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
5. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
6. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
7. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
8. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
9. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
10. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)