|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
2. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to leave the ceremony early.
(b) He has to speak to them first.
(c) He has to smoke first.
(d) He has to offer them a hair.
3. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
4. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(b) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(c) In bed.
(d) Irrigation ditch.
5. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
2. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
3. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
4. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
5. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Castaneda sings his song to Mescalito during the peyote ceremony?
2. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
3. What are some things Matus tells Castaneda he can do to get his soul back?
4. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
5. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
6. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
7. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
8. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
9. What does Matus provide for Castaneda as they read themselves to test Devil's Weed again?
10. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)