|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
2. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
3. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Follow instructions.
(b) Be able to go on.
(c) Do any real work.
(d) Be serious about his intentions.
4. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
5. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(a) Plead mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
2. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
3. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
4. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
5. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
2. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
3. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
4. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
5. Why does Matus believe the Devil's Weed must like Castaneda very much?
6. What does Matus have to say about the smoke mixture that Castaneda is preparing on his own now?
7. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
8. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
9. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
10. What ingredient is missing from the recipe that Matus learned from his benefactor?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)