|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
2. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
3. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
4. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(c) Gotten into anything.
(d) Learned a lesson.
5. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(a) Close his eyes.
(c) Drink water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
2. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
3. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
4. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
5. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
2. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
3. What does Castaneda hide from after he consumes one more button after talking with Mescalito?
4. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
5. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
6. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
7. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
8. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
9. Why does Matus laugh at Castaneda as he tries to meet with his ally again?
10. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)