|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(c) The desert's.
(d) The lizard's.
2. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So daring.
(b) So strong.
(c) So truthful.
(d) So weak.
3. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
4. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
5. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
2. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
3. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
4. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
5. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Castaneda feels after smoking the mixture in Matus' pipe.
2. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
3. What does Matus diagnose as Castaneda continues to feel shallow states of non-ordinary reality?
4. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
5. What does Castaneda see when he wakes up beside his plant?
6. What does Matus urge Castaneda to do before smoking again?
7. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
8. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
9. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
10. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)