|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(c) Jimson Weed.
2. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
3. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
(a) A chair.
(b) A bean.
(c) A plant.
(d) A spot.
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(a) New Mexico.
5. How many mescalitos must Castaneda receive from someone else other than Matus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
2. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
3. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
4. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
5. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
2. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
3. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
4. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
5. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
6. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
7. What does Castaneda begin to experience by the sixth cycle of taking dry buttons?
8. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
9. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
10. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)