|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
(a) He sees God.
(b) He hears the Indians speaking Italian.
(c) He is unbearably thirsty.
(d) He wants to throw up.
2. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(d) Jimson Weed.
3. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(a) Hot drink.
(c) Medicine bag.
4. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Shape shifter.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Dog ally.
(d) Plant guide.
5. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(a) La Carmelita.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Matus that has caused him to not be on his porch one day?
2. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
3. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
4. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
5. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
2. What are some of the qualities of the rules that were given to Castaneda in his experiences?
3. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
4. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
5. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
6. What does Matus tell Castaneda the next day after Castaneda has fallen asleep during the smoking?
7. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
8. Why must Castaneda blink many times during his recollection of being a crow?
9. What does Castaneda begin to experience by the sixth cycle of taking dry buttons?
10. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)