|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
(a) Time to heal.
(b) The ability to work.
(c) Family time.
(d) Scientific detachment.
2. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Brain function.
(b) Drug use.
(d) Non-ordinary reality.
3. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
4. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(c) Jump long distances.
(d) See in the dark.
5. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
Short Answer Questions
1. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
2. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
3. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
4. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
5. What has happened to Matus that has caused him to not be on his porch one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
2. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
3. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
4. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
5. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
6. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
7. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
8. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
9. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
10. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)