|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
2. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
3. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(c) Jimson Weed.
4. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It lunges for Castaneda.
(b) It begins to beat a drum.
(c) It sings a song.
(d) It grows transparent.
5. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
2. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
3. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
4. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
5. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
Short Essay Questions
1. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
2. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
3. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
4. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
5. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
6. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
7. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
8. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
9. What does Castaneda begin to experience by the sixth cycle of taking dry buttons?
10. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)