|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A sound.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) A dead spider.
(d) A force.
2. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
(c) Smoke mixtures.
(d) Spiritual books.
3. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
4. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
(a) Peripheral vision.
(b) His skin color.
(c) Hearing sensations.
(d) His heart beat.
5. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
(a) A spot.
(b) A chair.
(c) A plant.
(d) A bean.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
2. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
5. How many times do Castaneda and Matus repeat the cycle of taking peyote before Castaneda throws up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
2. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
3. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
4. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
5. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
6. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
7. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
8. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
9. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
10. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)