|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(a) Hot drink.
(c) Medicine bag.
2. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
(a) Red spot.
(b) Purple man.
(c) Sacred text.
(d) Bright light.
3. When Castaneda admits defeat in his task, Matus tells him to feel with his _________.
4. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
5. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(a) Sober consciousness.
(c) The nighttime.
(d) Matus over his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are millions of paths and one must follow only the one that has a __________.
2. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
3. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
4. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
5. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. After a year of sidestepping questions from Castaneda about Peyote, what does Matus account?
2. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
3. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
4. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
5. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
6. When he is called with "Hey boy!" why doesn't Castaneda come into Matus' house?
7. What convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda?
8. What does Castaneda recall after already spending 90 minutes looking for lizards?
9. Why doesn't Matus need to smoke much anymore, though he still makes a new mixture each year?
10. Where does Castaneda wake up during his last night of smoking the mixture?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)