|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(b) Hot drink.
(d) Medicine bag.
2. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
3. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(b) Shaman group.
(c) Scientific study.
4. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
5. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
Short Answer Questions
1. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
2. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
3. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
5. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
2. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
3. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
4. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
5. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
6. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
7. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
8. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
9. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
10. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)