|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
(a) Hearing sensations.
(b) Peripheral vision.
(c) His skin color.
(d) His heart beat.
2. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
3. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(b) New Mexico.
5. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) An ally.
(b) A star.
(d) A plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
2. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
3. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
4. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
5. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
2. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
3. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
4. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
5. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
6. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
7. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
8. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
9. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
10. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)