|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two blackbirds.
(b) Two rats.
(c) Two lizards.
(d) A mirror.
2. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
3. What does Matus find ridiculous to suggest, as Castaneda does, as they are Mescalito's guests?
(b) Eating a meal.
(c) Lighting a fire.
(d) Talking loudly.
4. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It begins to beat a drum.
(b) It grows transparent.
(c) It lunges for Castaneda.
(d) It sings a song.
5. When Castaneda admits defeat in his task, Matus tells him to feel with his _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
2. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
3. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
4. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
5. There are millions of paths and one must follow only the one that has a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what an ally is, according to Castaneda's eventual findings after his experiences.
2. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
3. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
4. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
5. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
6. What do Matus and Castaneda do with the gray jelly while the second portion is prepared?
7. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
8. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
9. Describe what happens to Castaneda on the first night of his peyote ceremony.
10. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)