|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(b) Holy man.
2. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A dead spider.
(b) A force.
(c) A sound.
(d) A dead rat.
3. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In his car.
4. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
(a) Go to sleep.
(d) Close his eyes.
5. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(b) The Beauty.
(c) The Allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
2. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
3. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
4. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
5. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
2. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
3. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
4. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
5. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
6. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
7. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
8. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
9. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
10. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)