|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(a) Jimson Weed.
2. What does Matus and Castaneda do before consuming a button of peyote?
(b) Ask permission.
(d) Cry out.
3. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
(c) Animal allies.
5. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
(a) Dried fruit and meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
2. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
3. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
4. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
5. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
2. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
3. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
4. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
5. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
6. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
7. After a year of sidestepping questions from Castaneda about Peyote, what does Matus account?
8. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
9. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
10. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)