|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
2. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
3. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(a) Jump long distances.
(d) See in the dark.
4. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Matus' life
(b) Lack of proof of plant power.
(c) Utter madness.
(d) Internal cohesion.
5. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(a) The Wrong Place.
(b) The enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
2. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
3. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
4. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
5. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
2. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
3. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
4. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
5. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
6. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
7. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
8. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
9. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
10. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)