|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Utter madness.
(b) Internal cohesion.
(c) Matus' life
(d) Lack of proof of plant power.
2. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(a) A Centaur.
(b) An ally.
(d) A Man of Knowledge.
3. What does Matus find ridiculous to suggest, as Castaneda does, as they are Mescalito's guests?
(a) Talking loudly.
(b) Lighting a fire.
(c) Eating a meal.
4. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(a) Jump long distances.
(c) See in the dark.
5. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) In his car.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
2. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
3. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
4. What sweetens the smoke that Matus and Castaneda are preparing?
5. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
2. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
3. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
4. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
5. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
6. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
7. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
8. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
9. What does Castaneda begin to experience by the sixth cycle of taking dry buttons?
10. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)