|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A sound.
(b) A dead spider.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A force.
2. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
3. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
5. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
(b) Power object.
(d) Shamanic journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
2. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
3. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
4. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
5. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
2. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
3. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
4. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
5. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
6. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
7. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
8. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
9. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
10. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)