|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) The blackbird.
(b) A young man.
(d) La Catalina.
2. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(b) The Beauty.
(d) The Allies.
3. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
(a) Putting a spell on him.
(b) Teasing him.
(c) Humoring him.
(d) Hurting him.
4. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(d) Jimson Weed.
5. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
2. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
3. What does Matus find ridiculous to suggest, as Castaneda does, as they are Mescalito's guests?
4. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
5. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
2. Once someone knows Mescalito well, what does 'he' appear as?
3. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
4. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
5. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
6. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
7. Why does Matus declare all is well the next evening after Castaneda has taken the buttons?
8. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
9. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
10. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)