|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
2. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
(a) By one's self.
(b) With a spirit guide.
(c) 20 times.
3. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
(a) Putting a spell on him.
(b) Teasing him.
(c) Hurting him.
(d) Humoring him.
4. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) A mirror.
(b) Two blackbirds.
(c) Two rats.
(d) Two lizards.
5. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
(a) Deep roots.
(d) Jimson Weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
2. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
3. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
4. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
5. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
Short Essay Questions
1. Once someone knows Mescalito well, what does 'he' appear as?
2. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
3. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
4. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
5. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
6. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
7. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
8. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
9. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
10. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)