|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
(b) Spiritual books.
(c) Smoke mixtures.
2. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(b) Hot drink.
(d) Medicine bag.
3. When Castaneda admits defeat in his task, Matus tells him to feel with his _________.
4. What is made of equal portions of Datura seeds and the weevils that live off of them?
5. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
2. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
3. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
4. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
5. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
2. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
3. What are the differences between the male and the female Jimson Weed plants?
4. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
5. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
6. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
7. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
8. Describe the appearance of the two lizards that Matus shows to Castaneda.
9. Why is Matus not on his porch as usual on November 23rd, causing Castaneda to worry?
10. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)