|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mescalitos must Castaneda receive from someone else other than Matus?
2. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(a) Jimson Weed.
3. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
4. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(c) No one.
(d) La Carmelita.
5. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
2. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
3. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
4. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
5. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
2. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
3. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
4. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
5. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
6. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
7. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
8. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
9. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
10. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)