|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(b) Holy man.
2. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
3. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
4. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Carlos.
(b) Don Juan Luis.
(c) Don Juan Martinez.
(d) Don Juan Matus.
5. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
2. What sweetens the smoke that Matus and Castaneda are preparing?
3. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
4. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
5. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
2. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
3. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
4. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
5. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
6. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
7. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
8. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
9. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
10. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)