|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
2. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) The blackbird.
(c) La Catalina.
(d) A young man.
3. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
(a) A plant.
(b) A bean.
(c) A spot.
(d) A chair.
4. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) An ally.
(b) A plant.
(c) A star.
5. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
2. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
3. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
4. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
5. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
Short Essay Questions
1. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
2. Once someone knows Mescalito well, what does 'he' appear as?
3. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
4. What does Matus not like about Jimson Weed, the next plant that Castaneda and he explore together?
5. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
6. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
7. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
8. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
9. What will a person gain if they take Datura's second portion at least twenty times?
10. What does Castaneda do with the dog he sees while he is taking the mescalitos?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)