|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(b) Hot drink.
(c) Medicine bag.
2. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(a) Scientific study.
(b) Shaman group.
3. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Luis.
(b) Don Juan Carlos.
(c) Don Juan Martinez.
(d) Don Juan Matus.
4. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(a) Jimson Weed.
5. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
2. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
3. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
4. How many times do Castaneda and Matus repeat the cycle of taking peyote before Castaneda throws up?
5. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
2. What question does Matus initially refuse to answer, saying that it is inappropriate for ordinary conversations?
3. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
4. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
5. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
6. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
7. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
8. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
9. After a year of sidestepping questions from Castaneda about Peyote, what does Matus account?
10. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)