|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It sings a song.
(b) It grows transparent.
(c) It lunges for Castaneda.
(d) It begins to beat a drum.
2. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
3. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
4. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
5. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
(d) An enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
2. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
3. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
5. What is made of equal portions of Datura seeds and the weevils that live off of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
2. Why does Matus grow angry with Castaneda after his experience?
3. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
4. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
5. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
6. When Matus laughs at Castaneda's discomfort, what is the piece of advice he shares?
7. What does Castaneda begin to experience by the sixth cycle of taking dry buttons?
8. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
9. Where are Castaneda and the six Indians driving to when he arrives at Matus' home on August 4, 1961?
10. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)