|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Dog ally.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Plant guide.
(d) Shape shifter.
2. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
3. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
4. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
5. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
2. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
3. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
4. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
5. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. After a year of sidestepping questions from Castaneda about Peyote, what does Matus account?
2. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
3. What are the four 'heads' of Jimson Weed, or Devil's Weed?
4. Why do people keep Mescalito in a bag fastened around their arm or neck?
5. Which spot is the spot that Castaneda feels most comfortable and happy?
6. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
7. What will happen if Castaneda does not receive his first 7 mescalitos from someone other than Matus?
8. What does Matus claim is proof that the Jimson Weed likes Castaneda?
9. What area does Castaneda mark with his shoe?
10. Once someone knows Mescalito well, what does 'he' appear as?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)