Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
2. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It begins to beat a drum.
(b) It lunges for Castaneda.
(c) It sings a song.
(d) It grows transparent.
3. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) La Catalina.
(b) The blackbird.
(c) A young man.
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
(a) Animal allies.
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
2. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
3. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
4. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
5. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
2. Two years after accepting an apprentice, what does Matus prepare to do with Castaneda?
3. What does Castaneda do when he realizes the figure walking out of the house is not his mentor?
4. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
5. Why must the mixture previously collected and entrusted to Castaneda be used as soon as possible?
6. How does Datura enslave her followers, according to Castaneda?
7. What is the question Castaneda asks of the lizards as he was instructed not to ask anything personal the first time?
8. Why does Castaneda know more about Mescalito than Matus does?
9. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
10. Describe the details of Castaneda's final encounter with Mescalito.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)