|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(d) Touching him.
2. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
(b) There is no problem.
(c) Loss of ally.
(d) Loss of soul.
3. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
4. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He is violently ill.
(b) He does not have a song.
(c) He can't move.
(d) He doesn't feel anything.
5. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) Matus' words.
(b) Singing at the ceremony.
(c) The lizard's message.
(d) The bird.
6. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
7. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
8. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
9. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
10. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(b) Gotten into anything.
(c) Done anything special.
(d) Learned a lesson.
11. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
12. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
13. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
14. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(a) A male.
(c) A female.
(d) The dog.
15. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must give up sorcery.
(b) He has failed.
(c) He is not the chosen one.
(d) He must find a new teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
2. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
3. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
4. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
5. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)