|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
(a) The water.
(b) A song.
(c) The lizard.
(d) The light.
2. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
3. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
4. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
5. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(a) La Catalina.
(d) Devil's Weed.
6. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(b) Plead mercy.
7. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
8. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
9. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He lacks a guide and must stop forever.
(c) He must find a new ally
(d) He has to kill Matus.
10. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
11. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Hides by a cactus.
(b) Sings to the plants.
(c) Promises to help the lizards.
(d) Runs into the water.
12. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
13. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
(a) Noble power.
(b) Real truth.
14. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
15. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
2. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
3. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
4. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
5. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)