|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
2. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
3. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(c) A secret dance.
(d) His apprenticeship.
4. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
(a) Hey boy!
(b) What are you doing?
(c) Hey you!
(d) You are nothing.
5. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(a) Stack of papers.
6. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
7. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
8. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
9. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
10. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) A lizard.
(b) Sea kelp.
(d) A snake.
11. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(b) No one.
12. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
13. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
(a) Be condemned to bad luck.
(b) Be tested harshly.
(c) Be punished.
14. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(b) Shape shifters.
15. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
2. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
3. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
4. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
5. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)