|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
2. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Be serious about his intentions.
(b) Do any real work.
(c) Be able to go on.
(d) Follow instructions.
3. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(b) A female.
(c) A male.
(d) The dog.
4. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
5. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
6. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
7. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
8. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
(a) The lizard.
(b) A song.
(c) The light.
(d) The water.
9. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
10. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
11. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(d) Shape shifters.
12. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
13. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(c) Devil's Weed.
(d) La Catalina.
14. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
15. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
2. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
3. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
4. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
5. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)