|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
2. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
3. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Sings to the plants.
(b) Runs into the water.
(c) Promises to help the lizards.
(d) Hides by a cactus.
4. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(a) New level of consciousness.
(c) Boiling point.
(d) Dangerous threshold.
5. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
6. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
7. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
(b) Loss of ally.
(c) Loss of soul.
(d) There is no problem.
8. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
9. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(a) A secret dance.
(d) His apprenticeship.
10. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
11. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He has to kill Matus.
(c) He lacks a guide and must stop forever.
(d) He must find a new ally
12. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
13. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
14. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
15. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(c) Touching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
2. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
3. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
4. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
5. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)