|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
2. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
3. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(b) The desert's.
(c) The lizard's.
4. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(a) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(d) In bed.
5. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(b) La Catalina.
(c) Devil's Weed.
6. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
7. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
8. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(d) Touching him.
9. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
(b) Rubs his hand.
(c) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
(d) Feeds him.
10. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Hides by a cactus.
(b) Sings to the plants.
(c) Runs into the water.
(d) Promises to help the lizards.
11. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
12. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
(b) His head.
(c) His hands.
13. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
14. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
15. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
(b) Sing to them.
(c) Throw rocks and give a loud cry.
(d) Make a peace offering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
2. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
3. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
4. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
5. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)