|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
2. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So weak.
(b) So truthful.
(c) So daring.
(d) So strong.
3. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
(a) His head.
(b) His hands.
4. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(a) The dog.
(b) A male.
(d) A female.
5. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
6. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
7. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
8. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(c) No one.
9. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(c) His apprenticeship.
(d) A secret dance.
10. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Do any real work.
(b) Follow instructions.
(c) Be able to go on.
(d) Be serious about his intentions.
11. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(b) Touching him.
12. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
13. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He does not have a song.
(b) He doesn't feel anything.
(c) He is violently ill.
(d) He can't move.
14. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(c) Stack of papers.
15. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(b) Gotten into anything.
(d) Learned a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
2. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
3. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
4. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
5. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)