|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
2. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
3. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
4. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
5. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(b) A lizard.
(c) Sea kelp.
(d) A snake.
6. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
(a) He cannot find the lizards.
(b) He feels he is going crazy.
(c) He is leaving him forever.
(d) He doesn't know the next step.
7. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
8. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) He would have won the battle.
(c) His soul would have been taken away for good.
(d) Matus isn't sure.
9. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He is violently ill.
(b) He can't move.
(c) He doesn't feel anything.
(d) He does not have a song.
10. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He has to kill Matus.
(c) He must find a new ally
(d) He lacks a guide and must stop forever.
11. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
12. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
13. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(a) A secret dance.
(b) His apprenticeship.
14. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
(b) Real truth.
(c) Noble power.
15. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(b) Devil's Weed.
(d) La Catalina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
2. What must like Castaneda very much because of where Castaneda placed the paste?
3. Castaneda is profoundly distressed for hours, a common occurrence among those who lack _____________.
4. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
5. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)