|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(a) A male.
(b) The dog.
(c) A female.
2. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
3. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
4. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) The lizard's message.
(b) The bird.
(c) Singing at the ceremony.
(d) Matus' words.
5. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
6. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(b) Touching him.
7. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
8. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
9. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(a) Shape shifters.
10. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(c) Learned a lesson.
(d) Gotten into anything.
11. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(a) Plead mercy.
12. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
13. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
14. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
15. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
2. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
3. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
4. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
5. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)