|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(b) The desert's.
(c) The lizard's.
2. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
3. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
4. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(a) Devil's Weed.
(c) La Catalina.
5. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(c) No one.
6. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(b) In bed.
(c) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(d) Irrigation ditch.
7. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
(a) He is leaving him forever.
(b) He feels he is going crazy.
(c) He doesn't know the next step.
(d) He cannot find the lizards.
8. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
9. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
(b) Rubs his hand.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
10. What must like Castaneda very much because of where Castaneda placed the paste?
(a) Devil's weed.
11. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
12. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Be serious about his intentions.
(b) Be able to go on.
(c) Do any real work.
(d) Follow instructions.
13. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) The bird.
(b) Matus' words.
(c) The lizard's message.
(d) Singing at the ceremony.
14. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
15. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(b) Shape shifters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
2. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
3. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
4. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
5. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)