|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(a) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(c) In bed.
2. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
3. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(a) Devil's Weed.
(d) La Catalina.
4. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
5. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to speak to them first.
(b) He has to leave the ceremony early.
(c) He has to smoke first.
(d) He has to offer them a hair.
6. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
7. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
(a) Be punished.
(c) Be tested harshly.
(d) Be condemned to bad luck.
8. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
9. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) Matus' words.
(b) The lizard's message.
(c) Singing at the ceremony.
(d) The bird.
10. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(b) The lizard's.
(d) The desert's.
11. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
12. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
13. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(a) Bad weather.
(d) Good weather.
14. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
(a) What are you doing?
(b) Hey you!
(c) You are nothing.
(d) Hey boy!
15. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
2. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
3. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
4. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
5. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)