|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
2. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
3. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(c) His apprenticeship.
(d) A secret dance.
4. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
5. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
6. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
7. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
8. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(d) Stack of papers.
9. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(b) The dog.
(c) A male.
(d) A female.
10. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
11. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
12. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must find a new teacher.
(b) He is not the chosen one.
(c) He must give up sorcery.
(d) He has failed.
13. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
14. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
(b) Rubs his hand.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
15. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Be serious about his intentions.
(b) Do any real work.
(c) Follow instructions.
(d) Be able to go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
2. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
3. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
4. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
5. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)