|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
2. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
3. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
4. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
5. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(a) Shape shifters.
6. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) Sea kelp.
(c) A snake.
(d) A lizard.
7. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
(a) His hands.
(d) His head.
8. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(d) Stack of papers.
9. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Sings to the plants.
(b) Runs into the water.
(c) Hides by a cactus.
(d) Promises to help the lizards.
10. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
11. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
12. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
13. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
14. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must give up sorcery.
(b) He has failed.
(c) He is not the chosen one.
(d) He must find a new teacher.
15. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
(a) He doesn't know the next step.
(b) He feels he is going crazy.
(c) He is leaving him forever.
(d) He cannot find the lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
2. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
3. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
4. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
5. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)