|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
2. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Kisses his hand.
3. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Do any real work.
(b) Be serious about his intentions.
(c) Follow instructions.
(d) Be able to go on.
4. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(c) No one.
5. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
6. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) He would have won the battle.
(c) Matus isn't sure.
(d) His soul would have been taken away for good.
7. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
8. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
9. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to offer them a hair.
(b) He has to smoke first.
(c) He has to leave the ceremony early.
(d) He has to speak to them first.
10. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Secret plant names.
(b) Smoke mixture.
(c) Songs and chants.
(d) Matus' pipe.
11. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He can't move.
(b) He does not have a song.
(c) He doesn't feel anything.
(d) He is violently ill.
12. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
13. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
14. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Rubs his hand.
(b) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
15. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
2. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
3. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
4. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
5. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)