|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(a) A female.
(c) A male.
(d) The dog.
2. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Be serious about his intentions.
(b) Follow instructions.
(c) Do any real work.
(d) Be able to go on.
3. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) Singing at the ceremony.
(b) Matus' words.
(c) The bird.
(d) The lizard's message.
4. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
5. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Rubs his hand.
(b) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
6. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He must give up sorcery.
(b) He must find a new teacher.
(c) He has failed.
(d) He is not the chosen one.
7. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
8. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
9. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Learned a lesson.
(c) Done anything special.
(d) Gotten into anything.
10. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
11. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
(a) Hey boy!
(b) You are nothing.
(c) Hey you!
(d) What are you doing?
12. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
13. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
14. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(a) Falls asleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
15. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(c) Plead mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
2. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
3. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
4. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
5. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)