|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
2. Castaneda is profoundly distressed for hours, a common occurrence among those who lack _____________.
(b) Unbending intent.
(d) A benefactor.
3. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
4. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Songs and chants.
(b) Matus' pipe.
(c) Secret plant names.
(d) Smoke mixture.
5. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
6. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
7. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
8. What must like Castaneda very much because of where Castaneda placed the paste?
(a) Devil's weed.
9. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(a) New level of consciousness.
(c) Boiling point.
(d) Dangerous threshold.
10. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Puts a wet washcloth on his forehead.
(c) Rubs his hand.
(d) Sings a Spanish lullaby.
11. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(b) His apprenticeship.
(c) A secret dance.
12. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
13. What makes Castaneda feel uplifted and like he wants to weep?
(a) The lizard's message.
(b) Singing at the ceremony.
(c) The bird.
(d) Matus' words.
14. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
15. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus yell to Castaneda that makes him feel like this does not ring true for him?
2. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
3. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
4. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
5. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)