|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
2. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lizard.
(d) Sea kelp.
3. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
4. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
5. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
6. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He doesn't feel anything.
(b) He is violently ill.
(c) He does not have a song.
(d) He can't move.
7. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to smoke first.
(b) He has to leave the ceremony early.
(c) He has to offer them a hair.
(d) He has to speak to them first.
8. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
9. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
10. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
11. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
12. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
(a) Noble power.
(d) Real truth.
13. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(b) The dog.
(c) A female.
(d) A male.
14. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
15. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(a) Stack of papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
2. Two days after Castaneda's lizard ceremony, what does he report to Matus?
3. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
4. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
5. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)