|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
2. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(c) The lizard's.
(d) The desert's.
3. During which cycle of collecting ingredients for the smoking mixture is Castaneda the only one involved in the process?
4. After seeing flashes of ________, Castaneda sees a fast barrage of images.
5. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
6. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(b) Shape shifters.
7. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
(a) The plant.
(b) The door.
(c) The shower curtain.
(d) The roof.
8. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So weak.
(b) So truthful.
(c) So strong.
(d) So daring.
9. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
10. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
11. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
12. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(c) Devil's Weed.
(d) La Catalina.
13. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
14. Only by ___________ can Castaneda appreciate smoke's importance as an ally to him.
(a) A secret dance.
(d) His apprenticeship.
15. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) He would have won the battle.
(b) Matus isn't sure.
(c) His soul would have been taken away for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
2. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
3. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
4. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
5. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)