|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
2. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
3. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
4. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
5. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
6. What does Castaneda feel like doing when he goes to where his plant is?
7. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
8. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He is not the chosen one.
(b) He must give up sorcery.
(c) He must find a new teacher.
(d) He has failed.
9. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
10. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
11. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Gotten into anything.
(b) Learned a lesson.
(c) Done anything special.
12. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
(a) Be punished.
(c) Be condemned to bad luck.
(d) Be tested harshly.
13. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
14. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
15. What must like Castaneda very much because of where Castaneda placed the paste?
(c) Devil's weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
2. The smoke, says Matus, deals in ________ while the weed flatters and makes one feel good.
3. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
4. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
5. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)