|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal has Castaneda's head turned into?
2. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
3. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
(b) Irrigation ditch.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a rock in the middle of the desert.
4. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
5. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Matus' pipe.
(b) Smoke mixture.
(c) Secret plant names.
(d) Songs and chants.
6. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Done anything special.
(b) Gotten into anything.
(d) Learned a lesson.
7. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
(a) Follow instructions.
(b) Be able to go on.
(c) Be serious about his intentions.
(d) Do any real work.
8. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
9. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
10. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
11. The _________ is like a woman, flatters men, setting traps, and making him rub the paste on his forehead.
12. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
13. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(a) No one.
14. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So strong.
(b) So weak.
(c) So daring.
(d) So truthful.
15. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(a) Drink water.
(c) Close his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
2. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
3. What does Matus do in order to soothe Castaneda?
4. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
5. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)