|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
(a) Gotten into anything.
(c) Done anything special.
(d) Learned a lesson.
2. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
3. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He is violently ill.
(b) He can't move.
(c) He doesn't feel anything.
(d) He does not have a song.
4. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(a) New level of consciousness.
(c) Dangerous threshold.
(d) Boiling point.
5. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(b) Close his eyes.
(c) Drink water.
6. What does Matus mix with the plant parts, just as his benefactor had him do?
7. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He is not the chosen one.
(b) He has failed.
(c) He must give up sorcery.
(d) He must find a new teacher.
8. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(b) A snake.
(c) A lizard.
(d) Sea kelp.
9. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Kisses his hand.
(c) Falls asleep.
10. Mescalito has given a clear lesson that there is only one path and one world of ____________.
11. Where is Castaneda hiding when Matus hands him his clothes?
12. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So daring.
(b) So weak.
(c) So strong.
(d) So truthful.
13. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
14. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
(a) Sing to them.
(c) Make a peace offering.
(d) Throw rocks and give a loud cry.
15. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
2. What pulls loose as Castaneda wipes his nose and his face?
3. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
4. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
5. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)