|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
2. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
3. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
4. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
(b) Boiling point.
(c) Dangerous threshold.
(d) New level of consciousness.
5. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
6. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Matus' pipe.
(b) Songs and chants.
(c) Secret plant names.
(d) Smoke mixture.
7. To whom can Castaneda sing songs in order to keep himself company?
(c) No one.
8. What does Castaneda do when he walks out into the field of peyote on the last night of the ceremony?
(a) Hides by a cactus.
(b) Runs into the water.
(c) Sings to the plants.
(d) Promises to help the lizards.
9. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(a) Drink water.
(b) Close his eyes.
10. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(b) Plead mercy.
11. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
(a) The plant.
(b) The shower curtain.
(c) The door.
(d) The roof.
12. Whatever the song Castaneda has learned is for the _____________ to clarify.
13. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
14. Matus says that the smoke is ______ that the smoker must be strong.
(a) So strong.
(b) So truthful.
(c) So weak.
(d) So daring.
15. What does Castaneda realize he has forgotten after spending 90 minutes searching for the lizards?
(a) He has to speak to them first.
(b) He has to leave the ceremony early.
(c) He has to smoke first.
(d) He has to offer them a hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Castaneda the strength to run back to the group and to embrace them on his last night?
2. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
3. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
4. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
5. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)