|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus says that people agree on birds flying because it is ________ behavior for them.
2. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(c) The desert's.
(d) The lizard's.
3. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
4. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(a) La Catalina.
(d) Devil's Weed.
5. It is clear Mescalito approves of Castaneda because he appears to Castaneda __________ times.
6. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
7. How many days has it taken for Castaneda to come back during his last experience with the smoke?
8. What has Castaneda become more familiar with at every meeting?
(a) Songs and chants.
(b) Matus' pipe.
(c) Secret plant names.
(d) Smoke mixture.
9. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
10. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
11. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) He would have won the battle.
(b) His soul would have been taken away for good.
(c) Matus isn't sure.
12. Castaneda remembers a vision of ___________ tossing him in the air.
13. What happens if the blind lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He lacks a guide and must stop forever.
(b) He has to kill Matus.
(c) He must find a new ally
14. The worlds of ______ and men overlap, but a crack opens and closes between them.
15. In what direction are the crows going to fly, according to what Castaneda's vision told him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
2. Matus dismisses Castaneda's idea that he has reached a ____________.
3. Where does Castaneda awaken when he consumes the last of the smoke mixture?
4. _________ is not moody or petty, so the order of collection is unimportant, but the mixture must be exact.
5. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)