|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(b) A lizard.
(c) A snake.
(d) Sea kelp.
2. Matus tells Castaneda not to ____ and to do what he says.
(a) Close his eyes.
(c) Drink water.
3. What happens if the muted lizard does not return to Castaneda?
(a) He is not the chosen one.
(b) He has failed.
(c) He must find a new teacher.
(d) He must give up sorcery.
4. What is the name for the four day peyote ceremony that Castaneda does with Matus' help?
5. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
(a) The shower curtain.
(b) The door.
(c) The roof.
(d) The plant.
6. Why does Castaneda feel embarrassed on the second night of the peyote ceremony?
(a) He doesn't feel anything.
(b) He is violently ill.
(c) He can't move.
(d) He does not have a song.
7. Castaneda rates his night with the weed as truly _________.
8. Castaneda believes Matus is trying to create doubt in his mind about his ____________.
9. Who has stolen Castaneda's soul?
(a) A male.
(b) A female.
(d) The dog.
10. What is the young man who Castaneda sees hurrying carrying in his arms?
(b) Stack of papers.
11. Matus urges Castaneda to learn more about ________ power before smoking again.
(a) The desert's.
(d) The lizard's.
12. Castaneda must learn to ___________ like a crow, which is difficult, but not painful.
13. Normally, says Matus, only great _________ return from such journeys as Castaneda had.
(c) Shape shifters.
14. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
15. When Castaneda realizes it is time to land, he floats down like a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda waits all day for Matus to mention something about _____________.
2. Matus remarks that Castaneda falls asleep too soon to ____________.
3. How many buttons does Mescalito tell Castaneda to consume after Castaneda calls the name Mescalito has given him?
4. What does Castaneda circle in order to determine its position?
5. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)