|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the gray jelly left hanging from over the course of two days while the second portion is prepared?
(a) The shower curtain.
(b) The roof.
(c) The door.
(d) The plant.
2. What does Castaneda do when he finally sees the real Matus before him?
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
3. What can Castaneda do in order to fight the person who took away his soul?
(a) Make a peace offering.
(c) Sing to them.
(d) Throw rocks and give a loud cry.
4. Crows see one another as _____ rather than seeing each other as black.
5. Matus begins to talk about smoke as an ___________ during his third year with Castaneda.
6. Castaneda's vision tells him to return where to think about his plan to escape?
7. What does Matus confess to not doing during Castaneda's trance?
(c) Touching him.
8. What would have happened to Castaneda had he moved from his beneficial spot on the porch?
(a) Matus isn't sure.
(c) His soul would have been taken away for good.
(d) He would have won the battle.
9. Castaneda believes he has succumbed to the first enemy of man of ____________.
10. What does Matus order Castaneda to do once he slumps to the floor, unable to breathe?
(c) Plead mercy.
11. Where does Castaneda absentmindedly spread the paste?
12. Castaneda is having troubles letting go of shallow states of non-ordinary ____________.
13. Matus says that those who experiment with smoke without a guide will ____________.
(a) Be condemned to bad luck.
(c) Be punished.
(d) Be tested harshly.
14. What does Matus diagnose as being the problem with Castaneda?
(b) There is no problem.
(c) Loss of soul.
(d) Loss of ally.
15. ___________ at wake up time convinces Matus that the weed likes Castaneda.
(b) Good weather.
(c) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
2. What do the two men eat in preparation for their ceremony?
3. Matus does not want a description of Castaneda's experience because he has not traveled anywhere or ______________.
4. It is vanity to think there are two __________.
5. Castaneda must remember the order in which he stacks the _____ as this will have to be repeated going forward.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)