|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) Third movement.
(b) First test.
(c) Second portion.
(d) Secret recipe.
2. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) A mirror.
(b) Two rats.
(c) Two blackbirds.
(d) Two lizards.
3. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
4. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Video tapes.
(b) Field notes.
(c) Audio tapes.
(d) Phone calls to home.
5. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
6. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Non-ordinary reality.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Brain function.
7. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(a) The enemy.
(c) The Wrong Place.
8. What does Matus and Castaneda do before consuming a button of peyote?
(c) Cry out.
(d) Ask permission.
9. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
(a) Dark cloud.
(b) Black dog.
(c) Green lizard.
(d) Green man.
10. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(a) Smoke signals.
11. Breaking or losing a pipe will mean ___________ for the person who causes harm.
12. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(d) Don Juan's.
13. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(a) Shaman group.
(b) Scientific study.
14. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) The blackbird.
(b) A young man.
(c) La Catalina.
15. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
2. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
3. What is the final ingredient in the smoke mixture Castaneda and Matus are making?
4. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
5. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)