|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
2. What is the final ingredient in the smoke mixture Castaneda and Matus are making?
3. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(b) La Carmelita.
(c) No one.
4. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In his car.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In his bathroom.
5. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
6. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
(a) Convenience mart.
(b) Drum circle.
(c) Border bus stop.
7. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
8. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
(b) His crow.
(c) The lizards.
(d) The Spirits.
9. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(a) Matus over his head.
(c) The nighttime.
(d) Sober consciousness.
10. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(b) Jimson Weed.
11. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Dog ally.
(c) Plant guide.
(d) Shape shifter.
12. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(b) Holy man.
13. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
14. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
(a) Putting a spell on him.
(b) Humoring him.
(c) Hurting him.
(d) Teasing him.
15. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
2. Breaking or losing a pipe will mean ___________ for the person who causes harm.
3. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
4. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
5. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)