|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Martinez.
(b) Don Juan Luis.
(c) Don Juan Matus.
(d) Don Juan Carlos.
2. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) First test.
(b) Third movement.
(c) Second portion.
(d) Secret recipe.
3. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Audio tapes.
(b) Field notes.
(c) Video tapes.
(d) Phone calls to home.
4. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
(a) His skin color.
(b) Peripheral vision.
(c) His heart beat.
(d) Hearing sensations.
5. How many times do Castaneda and Matus repeat the cycle of taking peyote before Castaneda throws up?
6. What is the final ingredient in the smoke mixture Castaneda and Matus are making?
7. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(c) Jimson Weed.
8. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(a) New Mexico.
9. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
10. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
(a) The Spirits.
(b) The lizards.
(d) His crow.
11. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
12. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
13. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
14. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
15. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
Short Answer Questions
1. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
2. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
3. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
4. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
5. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)