|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
2. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
3. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(a) Holy man.
4. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
5. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
6. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
7. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
(a) Red spot.
(b) Bright light.
(c) Purple man.
(d) Sacred text.
8. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
(a) Hurting him.
(b) Teasing him.
(c) Humoring him.
(d) Putting a spell on him.
9. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
(a) La Catalina.
(b) La Mancha.
(c) La Rosita.
(d) La Traviata.
10. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Audio tapes.
(b) Video tapes.
(c) Phone calls to home.
(d) Field notes.
11. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(b) Jimson Weed.
12. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
13. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
(a) He wants to throw up.
(b) He sees God.
(c) He hears the Indians speaking Italian.
(d) He is unbearably thirsty.
14. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
15. There are millions of paths and one must follow only the one that has a __________.
(c) Clear journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
2. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
3. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
4. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
5. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)