|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(b) Jimson Weed.
2. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
(a) He wants to throw up.
(b) He is unbearably thirsty.
(c) He sees God.
(d) He hears the Indians speaking Italian.
3. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
4. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(d) Jimson Weed.
6. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
(a) To be kind to all lizards.
(b) To be a good man.
(c) To leave Matus for good.
(d) To bring peace to the world.
7. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
8. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(d) Don Juan's.
9. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) An ally.
(c) A plant.
(d) A star.
10. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A force.
(b) A sound.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A dead spider.
11. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(b) The Wrong Place.
(c) The enemy.
12. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
13. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
(a) 20 times.
(b) With a spirit guide.
(d) By one's self.
14. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
(a) La Rosita.
(b) La Catalina.
(c) La Mancha.
(d) La Traviata.
15. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
(a) Go to sleep.
(d) Close his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
2. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
3. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
4. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
5. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)