|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
2. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
(a) Time to heal.
(b) Scientific detachment.
(c) Family time.
(d) The ability to work.
3. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
4. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
(b) Power object.
(d) Shamanic journey.
5. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
(b) Dried fruit and meat.
6. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(a) See in the dark.
(b) Jump long distances.
7. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(a) Shaman group.
(b) Scientific study.
8. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(b) Jimson Weed.
9. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
10. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(c) Smoke signals.
11. What does Matus and Castaneda do before consuming a button of peyote?
(b) Ask permission.
(c) Cry out.
12. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
13. What has happened to Matus that has caused him to not be on his porch one day?
(a) Dislocated ankle.
(b) Upset stomach.
14. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(a) La Carmelita.
(c) No one.
15. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(b) Don Juan's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
2. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
3. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
4. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
5. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)