|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) A young man.
(b) La Catalina.
(c) The blackbird.
2. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
3. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(c) Scientific study.
(d) Shaman group.
4. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
5. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) In his car.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) On the porch.
6. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(a) The nighttime.
(c) Sober consciousness.
(d) Matus over his head.
7. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
8. What does Matus find ridiculous to suggest, as Castaneda does, as they are Mescalito's guests?
(b) Lighting a fire.
(c) Eating a meal.
(d) Talking loudly.
9. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
10. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
(a) Hurting him.
(b) Putting a spell on him.
(c) Teasing him.
(d) Humoring him.
11. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Internal cohesion.
(b) Lack of proof of plant power.
(c) Utter madness.
(d) Matus' life
12. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(a) Hot drink.
(c) Medicine bag.
13. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(a) Jimson Weed.
14. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(b) Jump long distances.
(d) See in the dark.
15. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It begins to beat a drum.
(b) It lunges for Castaneda.
(c) It grows transparent.
(d) It sings a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
2. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
3. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
4. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
5. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)