|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(b) Jimson Weed.
2. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(d) Smoke signals.
3. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
4. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) A plant.
(b) An ally.
(d) A star.
5. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
6. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) The blackbird.
(b) La Catalina.
(d) A young man.
7. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(b) Physical skills.
8. What is made of equal portions of Datura seeds and the weevils that live off of them?
9. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
(a) His crow.
(b) The lizards.
(d) The Spirits.
10. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
(a) To leave Matus for good.
(b) To be a good man.
(c) To be kind to all lizards.
(d) To bring peace to the world.
11. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
12. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
13. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
(a) Green lizard.
(b) Dark cloud.
(c) Black dog.
(d) Green man.
14. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
15. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
Short Answer Questions
1. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
2. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
3. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
4. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
5. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)