|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(d) Jimson Weed.
2. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
3. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
4. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two blackbirds.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Two rats.
(d) Two lizards.
5. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(c) Physical skills.
6. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) An ally.
(c) A star.
(d) A plant.
7. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
8. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
9. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
(a) He sees God.
(b) He wants to throw up.
(c) He is unbearably thirsty.
(d) He hears the Indians speaking Italian.
10. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
11. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(b) New Mexico.
12. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(b) Smoke signals.
13. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
14. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The purpose of life.
(b) The identity of a book thief.
(c) The secret to peyote.
(d) The real name of Matus.
15. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
2. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
3. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
4. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)