|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
2. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(b) Jump long distances.
(c) See in the dark.
3. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
4. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
5. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(b) The Beauty.
(c) The Allies.
6. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(c) Jimson Weed.
7. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Brain function.
(b) Drug use.
(d) Non-ordinary reality.
8. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
9. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
10. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
(a) A plant.
(b) A chair.
(c) A spot.
(d) A bean.
11. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
12. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
13. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(a) Jimson Weed.
14. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
(c) Animal allies.
15. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(b) Holy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
2. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
3. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
4. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
5. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)