|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(b) See in the dark.
(c) Jump long distances.
2. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
(d) Jimson Weed.
3. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) An ally.
(c) A plant.
(d) A star.
4. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Shape shifter.
(b) Plant guide.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) Dog ally.
5. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
6. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
7. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
8. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(c) New Mexico.
9. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
10. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
11. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(b) Medicine bag.
(c) Hot drink.
12. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
13. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
(a) Mushroom stems.
(b) Wild cactus.
(c) Portion of root.
(d) Dog tail.
14. There are millions of paths and one must follow only the one that has a __________.
(c) Clear journey.
15. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
(b) An enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
2. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
3. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
4. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
5. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)