|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
(a) Border bus stop.
(b) Drum circle.
(c) Convenience mart.
2. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(b) Holy man.
3. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(c) Jimson Weed.
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
5. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
(a) Red spot.
(b) Bright light.
(c) Purple man.
(d) Sacred text.
6. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
(a) An enemy.
7. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(b) La Catalina.
(c) The blackbird.
(d) A young man.
8. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Plant guide.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Shape shifter.
(d) Dog ally.
9. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
(a) Dog tail.
(b) Mushroom stems.
(c) Portion of root.
(d) Wild cactus.
10. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
11. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
12. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In his bathroom.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In his car.
13. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(b) Don Juan's.
14. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
15. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
2. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
3. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
4. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
5. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)