|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
2. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
3. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(d) Physical skills.
4. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two lizards.
(b) Two rats.
(c) A mirror.
(d) Two blackbirds.
5. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
6. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(d) Don Juan's.
7. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
8. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The purpose of life.
(b) The real name of Matus.
(c) The secret to peyote.
(d) The identity of a book thief.
9. What does Matus find ridiculous to suggest, as Castaneda does, as they are Mescalito's guests?
(a) Lighting a fire.
(b) Talking loudly.
(d) Eating a meal.
10. What sweetens the smoke that Matus and Castaneda are preparing?
11. When Castaneda admits defeat in his task, Matus tells him to feel with his _________.
12. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
13. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(a) Smoke signals.
14. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
15. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
2. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
3. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
4. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
5. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)