|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
2. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(a) Hot drink.
(d) Medicine bag.
3. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
4. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Phone calls to home.
(b) Video tapes.
(c) Audio tapes.
(d) Field notes.
5. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) A young man.
(c) The blackbird.
(d) La Catalina.
6. If 'he' does not find Castaneda __________, their friendship would be lost.
7. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
8. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
(b) New Mexico.
9. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
(a) 20 times.
(b) By one's self.
(c) With a spirit guide.
10. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(c) Jimson Weed.
11. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
12. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
(a) Dried fruit and meat.
13. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
14. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
(b) Jimson Weed.
15. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) Second portion.
(b) First test.
(c) Secret recipe.
(d) Third movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
2. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
3. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
4. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)