|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not to participate in the cutting or in the digging of the plants?
2. What does Castaneda point out, but Matus ignores as he tells Castaneda he has committed a faux pas?
(c) Jimson Weed.
3. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(a) The Beauty.
(b) The Allies.
4. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It begins to beat a drum.
(b) It grows transparent.
(c) It sings a song.
(d) It lunges for Castaneda.
5. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
6. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
7. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
8. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
(d) Physical strength.
9. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
(b) Jimson Weed.
(d) Deep roots.
10. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
11. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(b) Non-ordinary reality.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Brain function.
12. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
13. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
14. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(a) A Centaur.
(b) A Man of Knowledge.
(c) An ally.
15. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(c) Holy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
2. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
3. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
5. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)