|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
(a) New Mexico.
2. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
(b) Right Place.
3. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
4. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
(b) Dried fruit and meat.
5. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(d) Holy man.
6. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
(c) Jimson Weed.
7. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
8. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) The blackbird.
(b) A young man.
(d) La Catalina.
9. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
(b) Deep roots.
(c) Jimson Weed.
10. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) First test.
(b) Third movement.
(c) Second portion.
(d) Secret recipe.
11. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
(a) Purple man.
(b) Bright light.
(c) Sacred text.
(d) Red spot.
12. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
13. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(a) Jimson Weed.
14. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
(a) A plant.
(b) An ally.
(c) A star.
15. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
2. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
3. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
4. What does Matus and Castaneda do before consuming a button of peyote?
5. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)