|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(b) Scientific study.
(d) Shaman group.
2. What is NOT one of the things that Castaneda experiences by the sixth cycle?
(a) He hears the Indians speaking Italian.
(b) He wants to throw up.
(c) He sees God.
(d) He is unbearably thirsty.
3. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
4. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(b) The nighttime.
(c) Matus over his head.
(d) Sober consciousness.
5. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
(a) Family time.
(b) Time to heal.
(c) Scientific detachment.
(d) The ability to work.
6. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
(c) Animal allies.
7. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(a) An ally.
(b) A Man of Knowledge.
(d) A Centaur.
8. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
(a) Physical strength.
9. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
(a) To be a good man.
(b) To be kind to all lizards.
(c) To leave Matus for good.
(d) To bring peace to the world.
10. Breaking or losing a pipe will mean ___________ for the person who causes harm.
11. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(c) No one.
(d) La Carmelita.
12. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
13. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
(a) Shamanic journey.
(d) Power object.
14. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
(a) Dark cloud.
(b) Green man.
(c) Green lizard.
(d) Black dog.
15. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
2. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
3. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
4. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
5. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)