|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(c) Physical skills.
2. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(b) An ally.
(c) A Man of Knowledge.
(d) A Centaur.
3. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two blackbirds.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Two lizards.
(d) Two rats.
4. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(b) Sober consciousness.
(c) Matus over his head.
(d) The nighttime.
5. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
6. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(d) Holy man.
7. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Lack of proof of plant power.
(b) Utter madness.
(c) Internal cohesion.
(d) Matus' life
8. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Dog ally.
(b) Shape shifter.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) Plant guide.
9. What is Castaneda to eat along with the other men who are there?
(b) Dried fruit and meat.
10. How many mescalitos must Castaneda receive from someone else other than Matus?
11. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
(a) Right Place.
12. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
13. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(a) Jimson Weed.
14. Matus tells Castaneda to find ________ on his porch where he can feel naturally happy and strong.
(a) A spot.
(b) A plant.
(c) A bean.
(d) A chair.
15. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(a) Smoke signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
2. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
3. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
4. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
5. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)