|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matus' benefactor's ally, as introduced to Castaneda in this chapter?
(c) Jimson Weed.
2. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(a) Scientific study.
(c) Shaman group.
3. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two blackbirds.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Two lizards.
(d) Two rats.
4. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The purpose of life.
(b) The real name of Matus.
(c) The identity of a book thief.
(d) The secret to peyote.
5. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
(a) Red spot.
(b) Purple man.
(c) Sacred text.
(d) Bright light.
6. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In his car.
(d) On the porch.
7. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
8. What is the final ingredient in the smoke mixture Castaneda and Matus are making?
9. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(c) The enemy.
(d) The Wrong Place.
10. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(b) Jimson Weed.
11. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
12. Breaking or losing a pipe will mean ___________ for the person who causes harm.
13. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(b) Physical skills.
14. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
15. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
2. What has happened to Matus that has caused him to not be on his porch one day?
3. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
5. Matus carefully repeats this phrase four times: _________ will make you see and understand things about which no human being could possibly enlighten you.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)