|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
2. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Luis.
(b) Don Juan Matus.
(c) Don Juan Carlos.
(d) Don Juan Martinez.
3. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) A mirror.
(b) Two lizards.
(c) Two blackbirds.
(d) Two rats.
4. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Audio tapes.
(b) Video tapes.
(c) Phone calls to home.
(d) Field notes.
5. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
6. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(b) Don Juan's.
7. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
(a) His skin color.
(b) Hearing sensations.
(c) His heart beat.
(d) Peripheral vision.
8. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The real name of Matus.
(b) The identity of a book thief.
(c) The secret to peyote.
(d) The purpose of life.
9. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
10. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
11. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
(a) Smoke mixtures.
(d) Spiritual books.
12. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
13. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
(c) Physical strength.
14. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
15. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
(a) La Traviata.
(b) La Mancha.
(c) La Catalina.
(d) La Rosita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
2. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
3. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
4. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
5. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)