Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
2. What happens to the answer in #45 as it drinks?
(a) It begins to beat a drum.
(b) It lunges for Castaneda.
(c) It sings a song.
(d) It grows transparent.
3. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) La Catalina.
(b) The blackbird.
(c) A young man.
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
(a) Animal allies.
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
6. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
(a) Deep roots.
(d) Jimson Weed.
7. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
(a) Dog tail.
(b) Wild cactus.
(c) Portion of root.
(d) Mushroom stems.
8. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The real name of Matus.
(b) The secret to peyote.
(c) The purpose of life.
(d) The identity of a book thief.
9. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
10. What is shockingly difficult to awaken to as Castaneda finds out?
(b) The nighttime.
(c) Sober consciousness.
(d) Matus over his head.
11. What changes when Castaneda moves to a particular spot on the porch?
(a) Peripheral vision.
(b) His heart beat.
(c) Hearing sensations.
(d) His skin color.
12. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
13. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Dog ally.
(c) Plant guide.
(d) Shape shifter.
14. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(a) The Beauty.
(c) The Allies.
15. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
2. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
3. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
4. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
5. What does Castaneda see that causes Matus to believe Datura likes him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)