|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
2. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
3. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his car.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his bathroom.
(d) In his bedroom.
4. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
5. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
6. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(a) An ally.
(b) A Centaur.
(c) A Man of Knowledge.
7. How many Indians are sitting on the porch when Castaneda arrives to meet with Matus?
8. The spot that makes Castaneda feel comfortable is called his ______________.
(d) Right Place.
9. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
10. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
11. The ___________ prevents Castaneda from becoming a full-fledged apprentice.
(b) Scientific study.
(d) Shaman group.
12. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(a) No one.
(b) La Carmelita.
13. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(b) Physical skills.
14. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Brain function.
(b) Non-ordinary reality.
(d) Drug use.
15. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(a) Don Juan's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Matus and Castaneda go in order to hunt for honguitos?
2. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
3. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
4. Castaneda should focus on his _________ rather than on his fear.
5. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)