|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Field notes.
(b) Phone calls to home.
(c) Audio tapes.
(d) Video tapes.
2. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Drug use.
(b) Non-ordinary reality.
(d) Brain function.
3. How many years pass after accepting an apprenticeship does Matus prepare to initiate Castaneda to ally powers?
4. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
(c) See in the dark.
(d) Jump long distances.
5. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
6. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
7. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
8. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
9. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(a) Jimson Weed.
10. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
11. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
12. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his bedroom.
13. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
(a) Two blackbirds.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Two rats.
(d) Two lizards.
14. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
15. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(a) Medicine bag.
(c) Hot drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
2. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
3. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
4. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
5. How many mescalitos must Castaneda receive from someone else other than Matus?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)