|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) In his car.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In his bedroom.
2. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
3. What is the other name given to a person who is considered to be a medicine man?
4. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(a) The Wrong Place.
(c) The enemy.
5. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
6. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) First test.
(b) Third movement.
(c) Second portion.
(d) Secret recipe.
7. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Matus' life
(b) Utter madness.
(c) Lack of proof of plant power.
(d) Internal cohesion.
8. Matus grows angry when Castaneda can not realize the dog is really ________.
(b) An enemy.
9. Castaneda plays and ________ with this image from #45.
10. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
11. Who does Castaneda see carrying a large knapsack?
(a) La Catalina.
(c) The blackbird.
(d) A young man.
12. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(a) Holy man.
13. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
(a) Wild cactus.
(b) Dog tail.
(c) Portion of root.
(d) Mushroom stems.
14. What is the figurine of the man carded from a female Datura root, holding an agave thorn like a spear?
(a) A Man of Knowledge.
(b) An ally.
(c) A Centaur.
15. How many times do Castaneda and Matus repeat the cycle of taking peyote before Castaneda throws up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
2. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
3. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
4. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
5. What sweetens the smoke that Matus and Castaneda are preparing?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)