|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In his bathroom.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his bedroom.
2. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
(d) Holy man.
3. The opinions of those willing to talk about Mescalito are worth ________, according to Matus.
4. What sweetens the smoke that Matus and Castaneda are preparing?
5. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
(a) Drum circle.
(b) Border bus stop.
(d) Convenience mart.
6. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
(d) Jimson Weed.
7. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(d) Jimson Weed.
8. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
(b) Shamanic journey.
(c) Power object.
9. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
10. When Castaneda admits defeat in his task, Matus tells him to feel with his _________.
11. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
12. Matus begins teaching Castaneda about Datura's ________ where real learning begins.
(a) Third movement.
(b) Second portion.
(c) First test.
(d) Secret recipe.
13. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
14. What does Castaneda promise to do during the lizard rituals?
(a) To be kind to all lizards.
(b) To leave Matus for good.
(c) To bring peace to the world.
(d) To be a good man.
15. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Phone calls to home.
(b) Field notes.
(c) Audio tapes.
(d) Video tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is an untamable power, protector, and teacher.
2. What kind of plants do Matus and Castaneda begin to father in the canyons?
3. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
4. In the end, how many buttons of peyote do the men consume individually?
5. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)