|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus describe as 'gentle, like a baby?'
(d) Smoke signals.
2. Matus says he now knows that Castaneda has the __________ to meet challenges.
3. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
4. The day after the sorcery, one must return to the ________ and ask the two participating lizards to come out again.
5. What approaches Castaneda as he is sweeping the ground with his pinpoint vision?
(a) Green lizard.
(b) Black dog.
(c) Dark cloud.
(d) Green man.
6. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
7. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(b) Jimson Weed.
8. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Shape shifter.
(b) Dog ally.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) Plant guide.
9. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(a) The Beauty.
(d) The Allies.
10. Who is surprised to see his normally unplayful dog acting playful?
11. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
12. Who carefully scrubs the roots, stems, and leaves when they are done gathering plants from the canyons?
(a) No one.
(c) La Carmelita.
13. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
(a) Border bus stop.
(b) Convenience mart.
(c) Drum circle.
14. Who caused Matus the trauma as she tried to kill him?
(a) La Mancha.
(b) La Catalina.
(c) La Rosita.
(d) La Traviata.
15. What are honguitos, the things Matus and Castaneda have to travel five days in order to find?
(a) Deep roots.
(d) Jimson Weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
2. This new ally can distort men by giving them a taste of ___________ too soon without fortifying their hearts.
3. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
4. What has happened to Matus that has caused him to not be on his porch one day?
5. What is Castaneda able to do which makes him feel quite pleased with himself?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)