|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Castaneda hang his figurine after Matus is done preparing it?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In his bathroom.
(d) On the porch.
2. What is replenished at the spot where Castaneda feels the most comfortable?
3. Matus knows Castaneda's good _______________ and tests him.
(d) Physical skills.
4. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
5. Mescalito is not a _______ to be used for personal reasons.
6. Whose house do the group of Indians and Castaneda go to in the dingy white truck?
(d) Don Juan's.
7. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
(b) Jimson Weed.
8. What does Castaneda ask of the lizards that Matus gives to him?
(a) The real name of Matus.
(b) The identity of a book thief.
(c) The purpose of life.
(d) The secret to peyote.
9. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A dead spider.
(b) A sound.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A force.
10. ____________ is the crack between the worlds, according to Matus.
11. What are sensitive and destroy themselves if they do not like new hands?
(a) Spiritual books.
(c) Smoke mixtures.
12. What does Matus prepare for Castaneda from the root extract?
(b) Hot drink.
(d) Medicine bag.
13. The lizards are never wrong, so Castaneda must have been thinking about ___________ when asking his questions.
14. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
15. Matus says that one should approach knowledge as one approaches __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
2. The answer to #85 must be taken ____________ before one masters soaring through the air, seeing where he wishes, etc.
3. What does Matus hold up in Castaneda's face which causes him to become nauseous at the sight?
4. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
5. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)