Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
2. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
3. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
4. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
5. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
6. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of, as illustrated by his experiences in this book?
7. After a year of sidestepping questions from Castaneda about Peyote, what does Matus account?
8. What is the test Matus has for Castaneda in order to determine if he dares to meet Mescalito?
9. What is the advice Matus gives to Castaneda as he is being tested to see if he is worthy of Mescalito?
10. What area does Castaneda mark with his jacket?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)