Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction
1. Why does Carlos Castaneda want to work with Don Juan Matus?
2. What happens when Castaneda's guide and helper arranges a meeting between Castaneda and Matus?
3. What has Matus decided Castaneda is ready to endure?
4. What is the name that Matus gives to his own teacher and what does it mean?
5. Though Castaneda and Matus are not able to work together all the time, what does this provide to Castaneda?
6. What does Castaneda focus on the Indians' pre-contact use of,...
This section contains 968 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)