|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matus tell Castaneda to rinse with, but not to swallow?
2. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Carlos.
(b) Don Juan Matus.
(c) Don Juan Martinez.
(d) Don Juan Luis.
3. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
(a) The ability to work.
(b) Family time.
(c) Scientific detachment.
(d) Time to heal.
4. Matus announces that he has _________ in order to find out Castaneda's intentions.
5. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
(b) Jimson Weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Matus reside, as Castaneda arrives there on August 4, 1961?
2. What kinds of plants did the Indians use for pleasure, curing, and witchcraft?
3. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
4. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
5. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)