Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Castaneda first meets Don Juan Matus in the summer of 1960.
* Castaneda starts an apprenticeship with Don Juan.
* The two work with the medicines such as peyote, Jimson weed, and mushrooms.
* The book is based on Castaneda's field notes.
Part 1: Chapter 1 Abstract
* Matus realizes that Castaneda has good intentions.
* Matus dares Castaneda to meet Mescalito...
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)