• Castaneda first meets Don Juan Matus in the summer of 1960.
• Castaneda starts an apprenticeship with Don Juan.
• The two work with the medicines such as peyote, Jimson weed, and mushrooms.
• The book is based on Castaneda's field notes.
Part 1: Chapter 1
• Matus realizes that Castaneda has good intentions.
• Matus dares Castaneda to meet Mescalito.
• Matus finds that Castaneda has the backbone to meet Mescalito face to face.
Part 1: Chapter 2
• Castaneda goes to Matus' home and joins 6 Indians on the porch.
• Castaneda chews on 6 mescalitos.
• Castaneda becomes violently ill.
• Castaneda plays with the dog, which is actually mescalito.
Part 1: Chapter 3
• Matus introduces Castaneda to Jimson Weed or devil's weed.
• Matus and Castaneda go out to collect and to prepare plants.
• Castaneda drinks a milky drink and becomes ill.
• La Catalina has tried to kill Matus, but only succeeds in dislocating his ankle.
• Castaneda must bond...
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)