|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator say actually came up with the question attributed to Lenin in Chapter 1: "What is to be done?"
2. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
3. What was Lana's major in college?
4. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
5. Who is described as the A-Team's only black soldier in the Auteur's film?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the narrator's criticisms of the script for The Hamlet?
2. What is the first business venture the General undertakes in the U.S.? Why?
3. Who is Sofia Mori? How does the narrator meet this character?
4. Who are the main characters in the film The Hamlet?
5. What information does the narrator learn from Man in Chapter 4? How does he receive this information?
6. Whom does the narrator become entranced by at the wedding in Chapter 7? Why?
7. What are the narrator's main duties on the set of The Hamlet?
8. What is the narrator's relationship to the General?
9. How is the theme of duality introduced in Chapter 1?
10. Who is Bon and what is his relationship to the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the methods of torture used on the narrator during "reeducation." What are the effects of these methods? How is the narrator affected both mentally and physically? How is he led to recover?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the assassination of the crapulent major. What leads the General to order his murder? Who assists the narrator in committing the execution? Why? How does the narrator feel about this action?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's relationship with Ms. Mori. How does their relationship begin? How does it evolve? How does it end? How would you describe the narrator's feeling for Ms. Mori?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)