|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ms. Mori when the narrator begins his affair with her?
2. Who is described as the A-Team's only black soldier in the Auteur's film?
3. Where does the narrator first arrive in the United States in Chapter 4?
4. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a straight, close-fitting silk dress with a high neck?
5. How does the narrator describe having broken the Watchman during interrogation in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator become injured in Chapter 11?
2. How is the theme of duality introduced in Chapter 1?
3. How would you describe the narrator and protagonist of The Sympathizer?
4. How is the Auteur's welcome party described in Chapter 10?
5. What are the narrator's main duties on the set of The Hamlet?
6. How would you describe the narrative style of The Sympathizer?
7. Who is the Congressman and how is his character first introduced?
8. Who is Bon and what is his relationship to the narrator?
9. Who is Claude? How does the narrator know this character?
10. What information does the narrator learn from Man in Chapter 4? How does he receive this information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is life like for the Vietnamese refugees once they arrive in America? Where does the narrator secure assistance and work? How does he get Bon work? Where do the narrator and Bon live?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the assassination of the crapulent major. What leads the General to order his murder? Who assists the narrator in committing the execution? Why? How does the narrator feel about this action?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrator and Bon's capture in Thailand. What mission are they on when they are captured? Who captures them? Where are they taken after capture?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)