|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the revue that Lana performs for in Chapter 14?
(c) The Bridge.
2. What is Violet listed as in the credits for the film in Chapter 17?
(a) Leading actress.
(b) Sound designer.
(d) Assistant producer.
3. What kind of gun does the commissar place in the narrator's hand in Chapter 22?
(a) A Tokarev.
(b) A Smith & Wesson 317.
(c) A Skoda 28.
(d) An M32.
4. What does the navigator say the odds are for successful escape in Chapter 23?
5. What does the narrator scream in the end of Chapter 22?
(a) "I am innocent."
6. How many pages is the narrator's confession in Chapter 19?
7. What drinks does the narrator buy for Lana at the club in Chapter 14?
(a) Scotch and sodas.
(b) Vodka martinis.
8. What is played over the loudspeakers to torture the narrator in Chapter 22?
(a) Rap music.
(b) A baby screaming.
(c) Country music.
(d) American pop music.
9. What television show does the narrator watch with Lana in Chapter 16?
(a) The Jeffersons.
(d) Mork and Mindy.
10. What kind of truck is waiting for Bon and the narrator when they leave the prison in Chapter 23?
(a) A Toyota truck.
(b) A Chevy truck.
(c) A Ford truck.
(d) A Molotova truck.
11. For what crime was the navigator reeducated?
(a) Trying to assassinate the president.
(b) Trying to escape the country by boat.
(c) Kililng a republic spy.
(d) Killing a communist spy.
12. What book of Karl Marx's does the commandant cite in Chapter 19?
(a) The German Ideology.
(b) The Communist Manifesto.
(c) The Povery of Philosophy.
(d) Das Kapital.
13. How old was the narrator when he swore a blood oath as blood brothers with Bon?
14. During what years was Ho Chi Minh prime minister of Vietnam?
15. What do the narrator and his friends drink at the nightclub in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the narrator's group on their journey across the border in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Sonny say Abe is now in Chapter 13?
3. How much older is the narrator than Lana?
4. What word from Chapter 23 means seemingly absurd or self-contradictory?
5. Where do the narrator and Bon change planes on their trip to Thailand in Chapter 17?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)