|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bon and the narrator go to discuss the narrator's mission with Sonny in Chapter 16?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A billiards hall.
2. What does the narrator describe marriage as in Chapter 15?
3. What book of Karl Marx's does the commandant cite in Chapter 19?
(a) Das Kapital.
(b) The Povery of Philosophy.
(c) The German Ideology.
(d) The Communist Manifesto.
4. What book does the commissar give to the narrator in Chapter 23?
(a) Leave of Grass.
(b) Asian Communism and the Oriental Mode of Destruction.
(c) The Communist Manifesto.
(d) Das Kapital.
5. What kind of truck is waiting for Bon and the narrator when they leave the prison in Chapter 23?
(a) A Chevy truck.
(b) A Ford truck.
(c) A Molotova truck.
(d) A Toyota truck.
6. What does Bon give to the narrator from the General in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bottle of scotch.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) An envelope of cash.
7. What kind of gun does the narrator take to kill Sonny with in Chapter 16?
(a) A Vickers machine gun.
(b) A M2 Browning.
(c) A Winchester 97.
(d) A Walther P22.
8. During what years was Ho Chi Minh prime minister of Vietnam?
9. What is contained on the jar on the commandant's desk?
(a) A gorilla fetus.
(b) Pickled beets.
(c) An elephant fetus.
(d) A baby with two heads.
10. What country has Vietnam invaded and seized in Chapter 23?
11. What is the title of the newspaper article Sonny writes about the field maneuvers in Chapter 14?
(a) "Accidental Tourists."
(b) "Move On, War Over."
(c) "War on the Front Lines."
(d) "Communism Arises."
12. How many sons does the navigator have?
13. What is the proper response to the coded question "Can you take us to our uncle's funeral" for the ferryman in Chapter 23?
(a) "Your uncle was for the communists."
(b) "Your uncle was a great man."
(c) "The funeral is far away."
(d) "Where is your uncle's funeral?"
14. What river does the narrator describe in the distance in Chapter 18?
(a) The Perfume River.
(b) The Mekong River.
(c) The Red River.
(d) The Saigon River.
15. What does the commandant drink during his meeting with the narrator in Chapter 19?
(b) Rice wine.
(c) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the commandant describe being held prisoner in Chapter 19?
2. Where does the Congressman invite the General in Chapter 15?
3. What item are the members of the narrator's team given to wear over their hearts in Chapter 18?
4. What drinks does the narrator buy for Lana at the club in Chapter 14?
5. What does the navigator say the odds are for successful escape in Chapter 23?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)