|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the narrator and his friends drink at the nightclub in Chapter 14?
2. What does the narrator put on after killing Sonny in Chapter 16?
(a) A blond wig and sunglasses.
(b) A black hood and scarf.
(c) A woman's dress.
(d) A red wig and glasses.
3. What does Bon threaten the shoplifters with in Chapter 15?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A knife.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A baseball bat.
4. Where does the narrator learn that Lana works in Chapter 14?
(a) At an art gallery.
(b) At a butcher shop.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a train station.
5. When was Ho Chi Minh born?
6. What item are the members of the narrator's team given to wear over their hearts in Chapter 18?
(a) A picture of Chairman Mao.
(b) A picture of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A metal shield.
(d) A picture of Jesus Christ.
7. How did the narrator's father die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He drowned.
8. Where does the affectless lieutenant describe "very evil communists" in Chapter 17?
9. The narrator begins Chapter 14 saying, "Sometimes the work of a subversive is purposeful, but sometimes, I confess, it is" what?
10. Who is the commissar revealed to be in Chapter 19?
(b) The Auteur.
(d) The General.
11. For how long does the narrator say he lived in the north in Vietnam in Chapter 19?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 9 years.
12. Where does Lana say she'd like to live if not in Los Angeles in Chapter 14?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
13. What word from Chapter 19 means having an obstinately uncooperative attitute or discipline?
14. What color beret does the General wear in Chapter 13?
15. Where does the General say his men were surrounded when he was taken to a Communist prison camp in Chapter 16?
(a) Can Tho
(b) Dien Bien Phu.
(c) Long Xuyên.
(d) Bà Rịa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. What is played over the loudspeakers to torture the narrator in Chapter 22?
3. What does the doctor tell the narrator to do with his confession in Chapter 23?
4. For what crime was the navigator reeducated?
5. What word from Chapter 23 means seemingly absurd or self-contradictory?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)