|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the grizzled captain say he lost contact with his family in Chapter 13?
(a) Can Tho.
(b) Ha Noi.
(c) Hai Phong.
(d) Da Nang.
2. Where does Lana attend college?
(a) The University of California at Berkeley.
(b) Rutgers, the University of New Jersey.
(c) New York University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Alexandre Dumas.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
4. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the affectless lieutenant describe "very evil communists" in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Madame organize a Tet celebration, according to the narrator in Chapter 12?
2. How much older is the narrator than Lana?
3. What do the extras bring to the narrator at the hospital in Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of Bon's son?
5. What book is Asia Soo reading when the narrator approaches her by the pool in Chapter 10?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)