|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Bon change planes on their trip to Thailand in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of the Vietnamese sister in the Auteur's film?
3. How old was the communist agent with the papers in her mouth when she was arrested?
4. What book is Asia Soo reading when the narrator approaches her by the pool in Chapter 10?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) Wild Ducks Flying Backwards.
(c) Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
5. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
(c) "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
(d) "Black Bird."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
2. What river does the narrator describe in the distance in Chapter 18?
3. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Under Asian communism, everything but" what "is free"?
4. Who is the dictator of the Philippines when the narrator leaves in Chapter 1?
5. Who has the General enlisted to help the narrator in killing the major in Chapter 5?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)