|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have the narrator and Bon landed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) The Philippines.
2. What does the narrator brush over the letters from his aunt in order to see the hidden messages in Chapter 4?
(c) Sugar water.
(d) Salt water.
3. What kind of store does the narrator describe the General opening in Chapter 5?
(a) A liquor store.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A bakery shop.
(d) A clothing store.
4. What was Lana's major in college?
(a) American History.
(b) Art history.
5. Who is the author of Asian Communism and the Oriental Mode of Destruction?
(a) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Richard Hedd.
(d) Chairman Mao.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
2. What Founding Father does the narrator describe having said that an older mistress is a wonderful thing in Chapter 5?
3. To what song does the General go onstage to dance with the performer at the wedding in Chapter 7?
4. Where does the narrator first arrive in the United States in Chapter 4?
5. How old is the Department Chair described as in Chapter 4?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)