|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have the narrator and Bon landed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) The Philippines.
2. Madame exclaims in Chapter 7, "The worst thing about living in America is" what?
(a) "The corruption."
(b) "The racism."
(c) "The culture."
(d) "The people."
3. How old is the Department Chair described as in Chapter 4?
(a) 30-40 years old.
(b) 70-80 years old.
(c) 50-60 years old.
(d) 40-50 years old.
4. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
(a) "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
(d) "Black Bird."
5. During what years was Ho Chi Minh prime minister of Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What infamous Nazi does the author describe in Chapter 8?
2. What food does Madame offer to the narrator when he visits in Chapter 8?
3. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
4. Where does the narrator take the General and Madame to the Congressman's house for dinner in Chapter 7?
5. On what day of the week does the General's store opening occur in Chapter 5?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)