|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Department Chair described as in Chapter 4?
(a) 70-80 years old.
(b) 30-40 years old.
(c) 50-60 years old.
(d) 40-50 years old.
2. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
(a) Alexandre Dumas.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
(d) Richard Hedd.
3. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as "A critically lauded movie about the travails of Greek American youth in the inflamed streets of Detroit"?
(a) Watership Down.
(b) Hard Knock.
(c) Venice Beach.
(d) The Thin Red Line.
4. What Founding Father does the narrator describe having said that an older mistress is a wonderful thing in Chapter 5?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. To what song does the General go onstage to dance with the performer at the wedding in Chapter 7?
(b) "Black Bird."
(c) "Black is Black."
(d) "Twist and Shout."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the narrator describe the General having in Chapter 1?
2. To whom is the narrator writing his confession in Chapter 2?
3. In what film does the narrator describe Mickey Rooney playing a "bucktoothed, bespectacled Jap" in Chapter 8?
4. What was Lana's major in college?
5. What does the narrator say his father called him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)