|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
(c) "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
(d) "Black Bird."
2. Who awaits the narrator when he arrives back in the U.S. from the movie set in Chapter 12?
(b) The General.
3. What word from Chapter 15 refers to a celestial nymph?
4. What kind of store does the narrator describe the General opening in Chapter 5?
(a) A liquor store.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A bakery shop.
(d) A shoe store.
5. What district does the Congressman represent?
(a) Siskiyou County.
(b) Orange County.
(c) Kings County.
(d) Trinity County.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the author of Asian Communism and the Oriental Mode of Destruction?
3. Who is the woman that Claude was forced to leave behind when he fled Saigon?
4. To what song does the General go onstage to dance with the performer at the wedding in Chapter 7?
5. The narrator begins Chapter 14 saying, "Sometimes the work of a subversive is purposeful, but sometimes, I confess, it is" what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)