|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will wrap around his fingers as a manner of protection from the knife during the fight?
2. What does Lee tell Grumman that he had set out to find Grumman for?
3. What does the old man show Will as proof that Will is to be the new bearer of the knife?
4. What does Mrs. Coulter explain has been done to the two bodyguards she has?
5. What does Dr. Malone decide she can do if it turns out that she has done something very wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the letters from Will's father represent to Will. What purpose do these letters serve to Will? Is it the letters that helped to drive Will's mother insane?
Essay Topic 2
The old man who teaches Will to use the knife commits suicide. What is the reason that the man killed himself? Why could he not have gone through a window to another world? Given what is known, what was his frame of mind that caused him to feel that death was the only option left to him?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the children of Cittagazze and Lyra and Will? Will and Lyra are the same age as those children but didn't join in the actions. What is the reason that they resisted the same behaviors?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)