|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee tell Grumman that he had set out to find Grumman for?
2. What do the witches feed Lyra and Will when they finally are able to meet up?
3. What does Grumman have in his hand that he says brought him to this world?
4. What does Pantalaimon say the young man in the tower looked to be doing?
5. What does the old man put on Will's injuries after the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at Will's responsibilities with his mother. Is it possible that Will is more adult than child? Explain. Is it wrong that Will be the one that should take care of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
The old man who teaches Will to use the knife commits suicide. What is the reason that the man killed himself? Why could he not have gone through a window to another world? Given what is known, what was his frame of mind that caused him to feel that death was the only option left to him?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the children of Cittagazze and Lyra and Will? Will and Lyra are the same age as those children but didn't join in the actions. What is the reason that they resisted the same behaviors?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)