|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Malone explain that she is to the policeman guarding the tent?
(a) Mrs. Coulter
(b) A circus performer
(c) Dr. Oliver Payne
(d) Sir Charles' assistant
2. What did John Parry find amazing when he entered Lee's world?
(a) Everyone had daemons
(b) The people were so much the same but so different
(c) He suddenly had a daemon
(d) The air was cleaner
3. What does Lee make Grumman swear before Grumman makes his escape with Lee holding off the troops?
(a) To assist Lord Asreil
(b) To take care of Lyra
(c) To find the Knife Bearer
(d) To end the war
4. What does Sir Charles offer to do for Dr. Malone and her research?
(a) Give her the money need to continue
(b) Give her a job at his labratories to continue the research
(c) Talk to the grant committe on her behalf
(d) Find her a new lab
5. Why does Grumman speculate that the troops waited until daylight to set the forest on fire?
(a) They had to wait on the explosives
(b) They just thought of it
(c) They were afraid of hurting neighboring villages
(d) They want to catch them alive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Malone decide she can do if it turns out that she has done something very wrong?
2. What does Serafina find when she stops to check Will's hand?
3. What does Sir Charles tell Mrs. Coulter that Lyra is?
4. Who arrives with Sir Charles while Lyra is acting as look out for Will?
5. What does Grumman have in his hand that he says brought him to this world?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)