|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee notice the Skraeling has on his ring?
(a) A symbol for the Authority
(b) A symbol for the witches clan
(c) The Church's symbol
(d) Dust's symbol
2. What does Lee and his daemon notice when they look at Skraeling's daemon's face?
3. What do the men in the bar say that Stanislaus Grumman's interests were in?
(a) Rock oil
(b) The aurora
(c) Philosophical things
(d) Magical items
4. What does Will tell the driver of the car that hit Lyra that they are?
(d) Brother and sister
5. Why does Lee explain he is looking for Stanislaus Grumman?
(a) Stanislaus took Lee's horse
(b) A witch sent him
(c) Lee owes Stanislaus money
(d) Stanislaus owes him money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's father discover the Eskimo's call the anomaly that John and the others are looking for?
2. What does Will decide to do rather than phoning his mother?
3. What does Lee find out Stanislaus Grumman had done as part of his initiation into the Tartar clan?
4. What does Serafina say she can feel from the spectral forms?
5. What do the men ask Will's mother about when they come to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thorold explain Lord Asriel's plan?
2. What does the witch, Lena Feldt, find about the men that are following them in the beginning of chapter fifteen?
3. Explain the thoughts that Will recalls of the fights that he has had in the past when he begins his battle in chapter eight?
4. What does Lee see when he leaves his body and is able to fly with Grumman's daemon?
5. What does Pantalaimon explain was the reason that he licked Will while talking to Lyra in chapter thirteen?
6. What does Angela say about the grownups having to be gone when the Specters come out?
7. What is Dr. Malone told when she goes to the office late at night in chapter twelve and hooks herself up to the Cave?
8. In chapter six, what is Lee told is the reason for Stanislaus Grumman's bad luck?
9. What information is Lyra able to relate to Dr. Malone in chapter four in regards to dust?
10. What is Will's initial response when he first enters the new world after following the cat in chapter one?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)