|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "Yambe-Adda" mean?
(a) There is no life in me
(b) The goddess of death
(c) I left the coffee pot on
(d) I give myself to death
2. What does Will warn Lyra he will do if she threatens his hiding?
(a) Leave her on her own
(b) Punch her
(c) Kill her
(d) Eat her daemon
3. What does Lyra tell Will she has come looking for?
(b) Subtle Knife
(c) A green leather case
4. What does Lyra tell the police officers that she and Will are looking for?
(d) Police Station
5. When the young witch, Juta Kamainen, comes to Serafina what does she say about Stanislaus Grumman?
(a) She knows he works for the church
(b) She loves him
(c) She wants to kill him
(d) He has been dead for many years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell the driver of the car that hit Lyra that they are?
2. How does Lyra tell Will she got to the world her and Will are currently in in chapter three?
3. What does Lyra tell Will to do to Sir Charles?
4. What does Will decide to do rather than phoning his mother?
5. What does Mrs. Coulter do to the witch when the witch refuses to tell her anything about Lyra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Grumman explains to Lee why it is the Specters only attack adults. What is this explanation he gives in chapter fourteen?
2. What is significant about Pantalaimon's actions when Will is first learning to use the knife in chapter eight?
3. In chapter four, what does Lyra suddenly begin considering after she sees the initials SP carved into a stone on the corner of Catte Street?
4. What does Lee see when he leaves his body and is able to fly with Grumman's daemon?
5. Explain the thoughts that Will recalls of the fights that he has had in the past when he begins his battle in chapter eight?
6. What does Lee begin thinking of while he is getting ready for the troops that are following Grumman in chapter fourteen?
7. What does Lyra apologize to Will for in chapter seven when she returns from her narrow escape with the pale man posing as a police officer?
8. What does Sir Charles explain he would like to do with one of the two bodyguards that Mrs. Coulter carries?
9. What does Grumman explain had surprised him when he first stepped into Lee's world?
10. What does Sir Charles tell Dr. Malone and Dr. Payne his three conditions are for helping their funding be restored in chapter twelve?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)