|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles hand Lyra when she turns to leave after looking at the trepanned skulls?
(a) A book about trepanned skulls
(b) A piece of gum
(c) His name and address
(d) A kitten
2. What does Serafina say she can feel from the spectral forms?
3. What does Hester tell Lee to take after the Skraeling is dead?
(a) His coat
(b) His ring
(c) His letter to the Church
(d) His money purse
4. What is one of the ways the Tartar that Lee hires to drive him to the observatory able to make his way through the dense fog without getting lost?
(a) The direction of the wind
(b) The northern lights
(c) The migration of the elk
(d) His Arctic fox daemon
5. What does Lyra explain that the Church people in her world believe Dust to be?
(a) A person's soul
(b) Original sin
(c) Demon possession
(d) Allergy nightmares
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra produce when Will asks her if she has any money?
2. What does Saraphina tell Thorold that she is going to go do?
3. Why does Lee explain he is looking for Stanislaus Grumman?
4. What is Lyra surprised to see that Will doesn't have?
5. Why does Sarafina not want to use the spell which makes her invisible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyra apologize to Will for in chapter seven when she returns from her narrow escape with the pale man posing as a police officer?
2. In chapter six, what is Lee told is the reason for Stanislaus Grumman's bad luck?
3. What is Lyra beginning to believe about the alethiometer while she is asking it questions in chapter four?
4. What does Sir Charles explain he would like to do with one of the two bodyguards that Mrs. Coulter carries?
5. What does Dr. Payne tell Dr. Malone that he will do if she turns down Sir Charles' offer?
6. What does Lee begin thinking of while he is getting ready for the troops that are following Grumman in chapter fourteen?
7. What does Will think of when he sees Sir Charles' house in chapter seven?
8. What is Will's initial response when he first enters the new world after following the cat in chapter one?
9. Describe what happens between the specters and the grown ups as Angela describes it in chapter three.
10. In chapter ten, what does John Parry, also known as Grumman, tell Lee he has summoned Lee to help him do?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)