|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the young witch, Juta Kamainen, comes to Serafina what does she say about Stanislaus Grumman?
(a) She wants to kill him
(b) He has been dead for many years
(c) She loves him
(d) She knows he works for the church
2. What does Lyra feel the loss of the alethiometer has changed her into?
(a) A failure
(b) A ghast
(c) A lost little girl
(d) Someone who doesn't matter
3. What does Saraphina tell Thorold that she is going to go do?
(a) Destroy the church
(b) Go kill Mrs. Coulter
(c) Make sure Lyra is safe
(d) Help Lord Asriel
4. What is Lyra surprised to see that Will doesn't have?
5. When Will is forced to flee his home where does he travel to in order to find answers to his questions?
(b) To find Lyra
(c) His uncle's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyra see on top of the tower after the children have fled in Cittagazze?
2. What does Will tell the driver of the car that hit Lyra that they are?
3. What does Dr. Lanselius say is the reason that the zombies are fearless?
4. What does Hester tell Lee to take after the Skraeling is dead?
5. At the beginning of chapter four who does Will call?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter nine, how does Mrs. Coulter explain the two bodyguards that she carries?
2. How does the old man explain to Will to use the knife to cut through to another world?
3. What does Angela say about the grownups having to be gone when the Specters come out?
4. What does Will tell Lyra about where the specters might have come from in chapter eleven?
5. What does Grumman explain had surprised him when he first stepped into Lee's world?
6. Describe the argument that Lyra and Will have at the beginning of chapter five after Lyra asks the police for directions to the museum.
7. What does Sarafina do when the tortured witch cries out for the goddess of death to come for her while Mrs. Coulter is torturing her?
8. Grumman explains to Lee why it is the Specters only attack adults. What is this explanation he gives in chapter fourteen?
9. In chapter six, what does Lee's Tartar guide, Umaq, tell him regarding the sky opening up?
10. In chapter ten, what does John Parry, also known as Grumman, tell Lee he has summoned Lee to help him do?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)